The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2.0
Sep 20, 2016 at 12:43 AM Post #1,216 of 1,243

.....and don't forget, they also have beryllium dynamic drivers, just like the **** 4in1's. There's something about beryllium that makes it all worth it! 
wink.gif

I also have to say that I like the sound of dynamic drivers way more than the sound of ba drivers. 

Sep 20, 2016 at 12:52 AM Post #1,217 of 1,243
And because they´re rear vented, the bass goes really really deep. Somewhere I´ve read they have a "moderate bass response". Wait, what??!! They pump up my head with crazy amounts of sub-bass!  
biggrin.gif

Sep 20, 2016 at 10:29 AM Post #1,219 of 1,243

What tips are you using? 

The ones that came with them. They create a perfect seal, nothing to complain about. 
They have the most wonderful treble I´ve ever heard. Damn, I guess I have to order one more, to have a spare one, just in case.

Sep 20, 2016 at 10:46 AM Post #1,220 of 1,243

The ones that came with them. They create a perfect seal, nothing to complain about. 
They have the most wonderful treble I´ve ever heard. Damn, I guess I have to order one more, to have a spare one, just in case.

The original tips hurt my ears cause of the housing. Guess they were not made for me.

Sep 20, 2016 at 3:55 PM Post #1,224 of 1,243
1clearhead, how is the piston2 compared to your kz's like zs3, ate, ed9, hds1 etc and also tenmark piano and pro in terms of clarity, imaging, resolution and bass.

Sep 20, 2016 at 4:01 PM Post #1,225 of 1,243
1clearhead, how is the piston2 compared to your kz's like zs3, ate, ed9, hds1 etc and also tenmark piano and pro in terms of clarity, imaging, resolution and bass.

Considering the P2 was competing head-to-head with the EDse, which has since been pretty much considered bested in those metrics by the earphones mentioned, I suspect it will fall a little short. It's not a bad earphone by any means, but it's running a little long in the tooth at this point. Interested in what clear1 has to say.

Sep 20, 2016 at 4:27 PM Post #1,226 of 1,243

After finding the right tuning for them by swapping the tips for Xiaomi hybrid tips, I personally think they are still a step above in a crisp-like clarity against the ED9 and ATE's. But, again the sound signatures are different in per say crispy VS airy = still clear.

.....I didn't have the ZS3 long enough to compare or review and I don't own the HDS1, Tenmark Piano or PRO to compare as well.

Considering the P2 was competing head-to-head with the EDse, which has since been pretty much considered bested in those metrics by the earphones mentioned, I suspect it will fall a little short. It's not a bad earphone by any means, but it's running a little long in the tooth at this point. Interested in what clear1 has to say.

After changing the Piston 2's silicone tips more then 6 months ago and replacing them with the Xiaomi hybrid tips, that all changed for me. That's why I favor the P2 over the EDSE. After the changes made, the coherency of the P2 are just a better listening experience for me.

Sep 20, 2016 at 11:57 PM Post #1,228 of 1,243
U saying hdse has similar sound signature as p2. Seriously?

Same thundering bass, clarity and most importantly imaging?

Sep 21, 2016 at 1:56 AM Post #1,229 of 1,243
I found out that the 1more piston classic I´ve bought are the latest revision of the Xiaomi P2. They´ve changed the beryllium to aerograde space titanium for the driver, which creates in an even better sound performance to the old P2. They were tuned by the same Sound Engineer, who was responsible for the sound of the P2. 

Sep 21, 2016 at 2:45 AM Post #1,230 of 1,243
I doubt its better thrn old p2.1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back