The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2.0
Aug 19, 2015 at 3:19 PM Post #1,156 of 1,243
  Looking at the OP, it seems like Pandawill is the cheapest at 18.99:

http://www.pandawill.com/original-xiaomi-brand-new-version-inear-earphone-35mm-stereo-earphone-with-mic-control-talk-p84667.html

I ordered from Pandawill last week.  It's still "processing."  Based on retailer-ratings and other online reviews, I'm getting less hopeful each day as they don't seem to stock items they sell...

Aug 19, 2015 at 3:34 PM Post #1,157 of 1,243

I ordered from Pandawill last week.  It's still "processing."  Based on retailer-ratings and other online reviews, I'm getting less hopeful each day as they don't seem to stock items they sell...

Got mine on 8/15.  Ordered on 7/31.

Sep 5, 2015 at 8:37 PM Post #1,161 of 1,243
Sep 18, 2015 at 1:15 PM Post #1,162 of 1,243

As an update, I just received my Piston 2's from Pandawill today.  They were ordered on 8/12 and delivered 9/18, so it was a little over a month to arrive.  I was a little worried at first, because I didn't get the smell of chocolate that others claim.  However, unless the knockoffs have gotten better, the Pandawill supplied Piston 2's look legit based on "how to spot a fake" guides.

Nov 4, 2015 at 5:01 PM Post #1,163 of 1,243

As an update, I just received my Piston 2's from Pandawill today.  They were ordered on 8/12 and delivered 9/18, so it was a little over a month to arrive.  I was a little worried at first, because I didn't get the smell of chocolate that others claim.  However, unless the knockoffs have gotten better, the Pandawill supplied Piston 2's look legit based on "how to spot a fake" guides.

Interesting, I just got my order of Piston 2's today. It took 6 weeks, since they went out of stock after I ordered.

Nov 8, 2015 at 2:23 AM Post #1,164 of 1,243
Just to let you all know: Two resellers of Pistons are now blacklisted from Head-Fi after I found shill accounts both posting and PM'ing links to their site: T***deal and IBG (abbreviated -- I'm sure everyone knows who I mean). If any new members suddenly come in and link to those sites, please report their posts.

Dec 25, 2015 at 11:54 PM Post #1,167 of 1,243
I ordered from Nacodex on Amazon a few days ago, sold by KKLifeStyle, and received a fake. I don't know whether to fault them, though, since they immediately refunded me when I emailed them about it.

Jan 10, 2016 at 9:37 PM Post #1,169 of 1,243
  I have Xiaomi Piston 2 and am wondering if there are now better earphones at this price point? I find the Pistons to be lacking in treble detail.

You only need one glance at the current IEM market to know that there are dozens of better earphones than the Pistons 2.0 at this price point, most of which are also from Chinese brands like KZ or whatever the Chinese IEM thread finds hype-worthy. Then there's also the Xiaomi Pistons 3.0, which I'm sure you've already heard of by now.

You really don't need to ask; you just need to start looking (or look in the right place, depending on your situation).

Feb 7, 2016 at 11:36 AM Post #1,170 of 1,243
I've been riding the KZ train for months now and my Piston 2 have been relegated to the darker recesses of the iem drawer. I purchased the excellent Puro IEM500 recently and the talk on the forums were these Auvio tips made them sound even better...btw they do. Long story short I went through all my iem's (again) to verify I had the best tips on them for my ears and canals. I pulled the Piston 2 out dead last and tried several tips on them before trying the Auvio just because, not thinking they would change that much...wrong the Auvio tips have made the P2 sound the best I've ever heard. It's not a transformation but is a substantial step up IMO. I am listening to them now on my Keces amp with Maverick Audio DAC and they sound excellent! Tight @ss bass and good detail. For 5 bucks if you want to re-inject some life into your aging P2 grab the Auvio tips. I got mine on Amazon & feebay for about 5 bucks each came with 2 sets of tips.

~~~Update~~~
The Auvio tips have taken these to new realm's of goodnessness...Listening to them all the time now and the sound is so much better IMHO. Listened to them from my Beresford Capella & Bushmaster MKII playing some Black Light Syndrome and man it rocked
etysmile.gif

This iem has just got a new lease on life!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back