The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2.0
Nov 8, 2014 at 7:12 AM Post #721 of 1,243
Flipkart are legit and most likely same.IMO They need some break in however since they arrived hot from factory.
Can you post in a simple text Hz-db, so we can apply on normal sliding equilizers. Can't use PC because it lacks microphone port. And viper4android is not available for cm11 android 4.4.4

Yes it is. I'm using it :wink:

Nov 8, 2014 at 8:36 AM Post #722 of 1,243
Can you post in a simple text Hz-db, so we can apply on normal sliding equilizers. Can't use PC because it lacks microphone port. And viper4android is not available for cm11 android 4.4.4

i would advice you to use parametric eq or FIR (did you try to install the viper4android apk from their website), but if you are not gonna ,try to use atleast a 10 band graphic eq..ill post the frequency graph,you can make your own eq from it

http://imgur.com/qW18403

Nov 8, 2014 at 10:57 AM Post #724 of 1,243
  What's the consensus on the mod for Pistons - removing the foam? I'm only hesitating because I like the idea of the grill - and not sure if I can get it back on.

The mod makes mid more forward and I personally don't like the mod since it enhances the microphonic. Unfortunately the grill can't be put back on since it needs a glue to truly stick.

Nov 9, 2014 at 9:43 AM Post #725 of 1,243
i own a Mi3 and i am confused between Sound magic es18 and Xiaomi piston from flipkart? Which one should i buy? and what about the overall sound quality of mi pistons sold on flipkart

Nov 9, 2014 at 10:40 AM Post #726 of 1,243
  i would advice you to use parametric eq or FIR (did you try to install the viper4android apk from their website), but if you are not gonna ,try to use atleast a 10 band graphic eq..ill post the frequency graph,you can make your own eq from it

http://imgur.com/qW18403

LOL! that graph flew right over my head

I studied earlier txt file And an trying to follow it. Power Amp has 10 band equilizer but It doesn't menton exact dBs

Nov 9, 2014 at 1:21 PM Post #728 of 1,243
I've heard some reports of people getting fakes from Robert's super store now, I already bought a pair off VZTech and they were fake so I'm unsure of whether or not to order a new pair from Robert's. 

Nov 9, 2014 at 11:50 PM Post #729 of 1,243
  I've heard some reports of people getting fakes from Robert's super store now, I already bought a pair off VZTech and they were fake so I'm unsure of whether or not to order a new pair from Robert's. 

From Amazon? Proof? I got the real thing from Robert's via Amazon.  And if there is a problem Amazon would crush Robert's. 

Nov 10, 2014 at 12:07 AM Post #730 of 1,243

LOL! that graph flew right over my head

I studied earlier txt file And an trying to follow it. Power Amp has 10 band equilizer but It doesn't menton exact dBs

haha..in parametric eq there is only peak filters and shelf filters and you have to make your frequency response with these filters. in that image you can see the individual filters is coloured lines, the original freq response is the shaded blue figure. did you try to install the apk from viper website

wen i was using poweramp as my eq wat i did was
1.limit the poweramp eq dB to +-7dB(in the pow amp settings)
2.go to settings-dev options-enable pointer locatoin
3.then i would map the y axis value for +7 db and -7db,then substract the value of +7db from -7db,then divide it by 14,let it be x
4.if i have to map +5db then wat u need to do is (((+7)-(+5))*x)+(value of y axis @ +7db)=thats the position of +5db

cheers

Nov 10, 2014 at 6:03 PM Post #731 of 1,243
I'm only going off what other people are saying, naturally since I've already been duped once I'm going to be a little more cautious this time. Anyway here is where I saw someone say they got fakes from Robert's http://www.reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/27xevr/xiaomi_piston_2_the_25_heavy_hitter_that_smells/ckjkene.

Nov 11, 2014 at 10:26 AM Post #732 of 1,243
  I'm only going off what other people are saying, naturally since I've already been duped once I'm going to be a little more cautious this time. Anyway here is where I saw someone say they got fakes from Robert's http://www.reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/27xevr/xiaomi_piston_2_the_25_heavy_hitter_that_smells/ckjkene.

Thanks for the source but I'm still skeptical. There are several sellers on Amazon, and based on price and reviews, some are fakes. But with Amazon it's a mute point since they accept returns easily. Robert's now has the silver btw.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back