The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2.0
Oct 28, 2014 at 7:25 PM Post #691 of 1,243
If you're willing/have the money to replace them every few months then good on ya. Especially if you have multiple IEM with the same Nozzle/Stem diameter then that somewhat makes it more worthwhile if you ask me. 

fails to compare in what regard?  i have a hard time believing this.  not sure if srs

Also if it sounds good to him, then good for him I guess. I mean if he feels he's getting better sound, then he's getting better sound. Maybe you can convince 1clearhead to sell you his DN-1000 for cheap? 
tongue_smile.gif

Oct 28, 2014 at 8:56 PM Post #692 of 1,243
  If you're willing/have the money to replace them every few months then good on ya. Especially if you have multiple IEM with the same Nozzle/Stem diameter then that somewhat makes it more worthwhile if you ask me.
Also if it sounds good to him, then good for him I guess. I mean if he feels he's getting better sound, then he's getting better sound. Maybe you can convince 1clearhead to sell you his DN-1000 for cheap? 
tongue_smile.gif

Exactly, that's why I don't have them.

Don't get me wrong DN-1000 are excellent IEM's, but when you slap foam tips on them, to me, they sound terrible. Too much vocals, lacks bass and highs -muddy. While with the pistons you get a well and extended balance through-out the whole range. -That's just me.

Oct 29, 2014 at 7:44 PM Post #693 of 1,243
tongue_smile.gif

Nov 2, 2014 at 10:36 AM Post #694 of 1,243
Not sure if this is news, but the Silver Pistons I just received from Ibuygou ($20 on sale) now have tripple flange in the large ear tip size:

The rubber is soft and fit is very good. I tested extensively - compared with the gold/brown 2.1 and sound is indistinguishable . The more I listen to the Pistons the more I like them! I just use the EQ to reduce the bass. If only there was more neutral sounding version it would be perfect for my taste - but big bass is "in" for now. 

Nov 3, 2014 at 11:11 AM Post #699 of 1,243
Not sure if this is news, but the Silver Pistons I just received from Ibuygou ($20 on sale) now have tripple flange in the large ear tip size:

The rubber is soft and fit is very good. I tested extensively - compared with the gold/brown 2.1 and sound is indistinguishable . The more I listen to the Pistons the more I like them! I just use the EQ to reduce the bass. If only there was more neutral sounding version it would be perfect for my taste - but big bass is "in" for now. 

I received a pair of silver ones from Penonaudio.com which indeed came with those tips. In my opinion they suck, even the bigger ones don't stick in my ears. I prefer the old brown ones.

Nov 3, 2014 at 11:20 AM Post #700 of 1,243
I received a pair of silver ones from Penonaudio.com which indeed came with those tips. In my opinion they suck, even the bigger ones don't stick in my ears. I prefer the old brown ones.

What alternative would you use? Note that only the large has the tripple flange. It's odd that they made this change.

Nov 4, 2014 at 1:33 AM Post #704 of 1,243
Hey guys ,i made a parametric equalizer for out beloved piston 2.1, check it out and let me know whether you like it and give me feedback to probably make it better

there will be two files in the attachment

1. pi2.txt,to be used with equalizerapo(windows only), put this file in the config folder and "include" this file in the config.txt 

2.pi2.wav-to be used in your rooted android device with viper4android installed,put this file in sdcard/viper4android/kernel , and in the ui of the software enable converter and select this file(you can also use pi2.wav file in windows using viper4windows-remember use only one-either equalizerapo or viper4window

cheers

http://wikisend.com/download/800916/pi2.zip

Nov 4, 2014 at 2:37 AM Post #705 of 1,243
  Hey guys ,i made a parametric equalizer for out beloved piston 2.1

don't get me wrong but you don't have to mess with every frequency out there :) and every song has it's own dependencies. 5.6 desibels to 125hz could suit some songs but what about metal or some songs that already comes with 125hz increment ? it will give a lot of distortion on high volumes... 8-12khz increments seems fair. but i don't understand especially 415hz reduction, that earphone already comes weak at 250-500hz as i remember. whatever, my point is: precise settings like that should be on song dependant not just earphone... you use always the same settings with every song ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back