The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2.0
Oct 23, 2014 at 6:04 PM Post #661 of 1,243
That's what I've read. Also, I ordered the Gold Pistons from ibuygou for the $20 special price. They recetnly contacted me - the gold (they call it brown) are out of stock and asked if ok to send identical model in silver. I'm happy to be getting  the silver instead of gold.

I think the gold/brown one looks much better then the silver ones

Oct 24, 2014 at 7:34 AM Post #662 of 1,243
Does anybody use Comply Foams with the Pistons? If someone does, which size fits and how do they sound?

Oct 24, 2014 at 9:37 AM Post #663 of 1,243
  Does anybody use Comply Foams with the Pistons? If someone does, which size fits and how do they sound?

I bought Comply S 500 Active for my Pistons. They fit perfectly and improve the Pistons already excellent sound and I find them much more comfortable than the supplied tips.

Just FYI - everyone add "hightechearphone" on Amazon as a supplier of geniune Pistons.

Oct 24, 2014 at 9:51 AM Post #664 of 1,243
I bought Comply S 500 Active for my Pistons. They fit perfectly and improve the Pistons already excellent sound and I find them much more comfortable than the supplied tips.

Just FYI - everyone add "hightechearphone" on Amazon as a supplier of geniune Pistons.

Thank you TiRider! I love Comply Foams and will order the suggested size for my Pistons. Thanks again!

Oct 24, 2014 at 10:25 AM Post #665 of 1,243

I can tell you that with my 'medium round wide-bore foam tips' they sound great! For me, it sounds more refined and balanced. But, I can't tell you what model number they are, It was an "open package" purchase.

Oct 24, 2014 at 10:39 AM Post #666 of 1,243

I can tell you that with my 'medium round wide-bore foam tips' they sound great! For me, it sounds more refined and balanced. But, I can't tell you what model number they are, It was an "open package" purchase.

Again,

Still don't get the use of apostrophes. Makes the "medium round wide-bore foam tips" sound unintendedly suspicious. 

Oct 24, 2014 at 11:56 AM Post #667 of 1,243
I think the gold/brown one looks much better then the silver ones

I assumed the brown/gold was designed for the local Chinese market. I think the gold color makes it look kind of cheap. With silver feels less like some fashion - imitation jewelry. But I don't care how IEM's look. I only care about sound and fit. Fit - if they fall out of my ears nothing else matters.

Oct 24, 2014 at 12:35 PM Post #668 of 1,243
i tried complys on my pistons and didnt like the fit or the sound.  i thought they sounded best with the stock tips.  i actually use the same stock piston tips on my T1e's.  but that is all about personal preference.  

Oct 24, 2014 at 8:12 PM Post #669 of 1,243
Anyone else used their Piston w/volume control on an O2 amp?

I just plugged mine in to realise it only works properly if I press the button (the one by itself).

I then realised that it will work properly if I plug it in only 98% of the way.

I realise the plug is tri-pole or whatever for the mic, but kind of dissapointing that it doesn't disable itself when not in use.

Any work around?

Oct 24, 2014 at 8:39 PM Post #670 of 1,243
  Anyone else used their Piston w/volume control on an O2 amp?

I just plugged mine in to realise it only works properly if I press the button (the one by itself).

I then realised that it will work properly if I plug it in only 98% of the way.

I realise the plug is tri-pole or whatever for the mic, but kind of dissapointing that it doesn't disable itself when not in use.

Any work around?

Use a regular female 3.5mm to male 3.5mm extender. That will negate the mic section entirely.

Oct 24, 2014 at 10:05 PM Post #671 of 1,243
  i tried complys on my pistons and didnt like the fit or the sound.  i thought they sounded best with the stock tips.  i actually use the same stock piston tips on my T1e's.  but that is all about personal preference.  

Hi :) can I ask? is that a TTPOD T1-E? What can you say about the SQ and the Fit between TTPOD T1-E and Pistons v2?

Oct 25, 2014 at 1:29 AM Post #674 of 1,243

Wow, that is interesting... makes me think twice about ordering them now... Thanks.

Oct 25, 2014 at 2:26 AM Post #675 of 1,243
If ur using stock eartips, which size are u all using? I find the smallest sized ones to fit the best and are most comfortable for long usage. The bigger ones will make my earholes feel stretched after like 1-2 hours of listening.

I'm curious about the comply foams though. Heard good things about them, and they sure look comfy on the ears compared to silicone. How do we clean them though, are they safe to run water on?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back