The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2.0
Oct 14, 2014 at 8:41 AM Post #541 of 1,243
I ordered the Pistons 2 via Amazon last month, the seller is Asia-Pacific International...the package never arrived.. BEWARE with this seller
Just realized not only me the victim of this seller, please read the feedback:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aag/details/ref=aag_m_fb?ie=UTF8&asin=&isAmazonFulfilled=0&isCBA=&marketplaceID=ATVPDKIKX0DER&seller=A1EM7WI6DBOPKV

Amazon finally offer me gift card as compensation of this bad transaction..
I'm stiil want to have the Pistons 2, so I will do with very carefull to choose good and honest seller in Amazon.

If you want to buy from Amazon, try Robert's Superstore. It's confirmed to sell legit Pistons.
As for the fake seller, do you mind giving me a link to their product page of the Pistons? It's so I could put up a link on the OP.

Thanks,
-- thatBeatsguy

Oct 14, 2014 at 8:50 AM Post #542 of 1,243
If you want to buy from Amazon, try Robert's Superstore. It's confirmed to sell legit Pistons.
As for the fake seller, do you mind giving me a link to their product page of the Pistons? It's so I could put up a link on the OP.

Thanks,
-- thatBeatsguy

Just did it...buy from Robert's Superstore for $24.98, using gift card from claim +$5 only..

I didn't see anymore Asia-Pacific International on Amazon list as seller of New Original Gold Xiaomi 2nd Piston Earphone .
Quit or banned by Amazon?

Oct 14, 2014 at 8:54 AM Post #543 of 1,243
I ordered the Pistons 2 via Amazon last month, the seller is Asia-Pacific International...the package never arrived.. BEWARE with this seller
Just realized not only me the victim of this seller, please read the feedback:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aag/details/ref=aag_m_fb?ie=UTF8&asin=&isAmazonFulfilled=0&isCBA=&marketplaceID=ATVPDKIKX0DER&seller=A1EM7WI6DBOPKV

Amazon finally offer me gift card as compensation of this bad transaction..
I'm stiil want to have the Pistons 2, so I will do with very carefull to choose good and honest seller in Amazon.

yeah Amazon is excellent when it comes to customer satisfaction and after sales support,just like bose....

Oct 14, 2014 at 3:41 PM Post #545 of 1,243
tips would be the only reason you're not getting a good seal.  

i need a recabling.  i still have my pistons but they have a tiny tear in the wire going up to left housing and it is shorting out and not producing sound on that side.  i don't know how to do any of that though.  

i also thought my fiio e11 made my pistons sound worse than un-amped.  with my t1e it greatly enhanced them.  anyone else experience this with the pistons?

Oct 14, 2014 at 7:53 PM Post #546 of 1,243
  tips would be the only reason you're not getting a good seal.  

i need a recabling.  i still have my pistons but they have a tiny tear in the wire going up to left housing and it is shorting out and not producing sound on that side.  i don't know how to do any of that though.  

i also thought my fiio e11 made my pistons sound worse than un-amped.  with my t1e it greatly enhanced them.  anyone else experience this with the pistons?

I remember someone talk about that a few pages back. It weird me out, as well (no, I don't have an amp yet, but I've noticed it with more powerful sources).

Oct 14, 2014 at 8:18 PM Post #547 of 1,243
Finally received my set of "Xiaomis" today from Focalprice.. I literally began laughing out loud as I opened them up & compared them to the real ones from ibuygou. First off, the pic of them on their website shows that they don't even have a rear port, but yet the ones I got do. Must have happened in transit? Not that I'd ever put them anywhere near my ears.Every single thing about them reeks of ...well...crap. The brown rubber "holder" side grooves wobble like jello, casting lines everywhere, including the tips, the plastic case itself doesn't even fit together properly. The whole thing reeks of some chemical, it is certainly not chocolate...lol In the reviews page on these, someone wrote a long paragraph about how these are absolutely genuine. My man must be both deaf and blind.

Oct 15, 2014 at 4:03 AM Post #550 of 1,243
Oct 15, 2014 at 4:05 AM Post #551 of 1,243
Yesterday I said that I don't find them bassy...I was wrong! DAt BaS$ DHO! Anyways, these things are fantastic. Your music will have new sounds if you used cheap headphones or earphones.
Okay so I came here to tell about the compatibility with devices:

With Apple devices: Volume buttons won't work, the play pause does however.

With Windows devices: All buttons work (Atleast for Lumia 520)

Android devices: Depends. It will work with some and won't work with some.Play and pause button should work with all devices but there is a lot of variety when you talkin android, so yeah it depends. For my LG E450, no it didn't. For all Xiaomi devices...You are kidding right? :D I've read it does work on some Sony devices, some HTC devices and some Samsung devices.

For laptops...Not sure. Might work with some.

I am happy with my purchase ! :)

Go to this link. Try the binaural check but don't read what's written under that test. It'll make you remove your earphones and make you ask yourself "Did my earphone do that?" You'll be surprised. I bet! :popcorn:

Oct 15, 2014 at 4:19 AM Post #552 of 1,243

it maybe because of your sound source, i don't know. i use my earphones with computer sound cards and i tried piston with fiio e11 too. i got nearly 0 improvement with amp and i was expecting that because it's a low sounding ordinary earphone, unlike some people says. it's just not capable of giving more. if you're referring to that, with no or nearly none improvements with amplification, i can approve with that. it has to lose quality first to recover with an amp, if there's nothing to improve what an amplifier can do ? but sounding worse than unamped ? i don't know anything about it.

Oct 15, 2014 at 4:25 AM Post #553 of 1,243
it maybe because of your sound source, i don't know. i use my earphones with computer sound cards and i tried piston with fiio e11 too. i got nearly 0 improvement with amp and i was expecting that because it's a low sounding ordinary earphone, unlike some people says. it's just not capable of giving more. if you're referring to that, with no or nearly none improvements with amplification, i can approve with that. it has to lose quality first to recover with an amp, if there's nothing to improve what an amplifier can do ? but sounding worse than unamped ? i don't know anything about it.

Why are you still bashing the Pistons? It's done with. Please. If you don't like it then just don't say things discouraging people from buying what they might like to buy. Thank you very much.

Oct 15, 2014 at 4:31 AM Post #554 of 1,243
The pistons sound better amped IMO. There's improvements across the board but the main thing is in the bass control making it less flabby down low

Oct 15, 2014 at 4:37 AM Post #555 of 1,243
  Why are you still bashing the Pistons? It's done with. Please. If you don't like it then just don't say things discouraging people from buying what they might like to buy. Thank you very much.

like i always do, i'm just speaking my thoughts and i'm still not taking orders from anyone. if you say so btw, if you like it, then just don't say things to courage people to buy what they might don't like to buy. have a nice day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back