The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2.0
Oct 10, 2014 at 10:37 PM Post #481 of 1,243
  Hello ! First time here!

smily_headphones1.gif

Got 5 of these badboys ($15 a pop.....100 percent LEGIT....for hoarding purposes lol) and I must say they are truly impressive for the price! even better than the Cx-300 mk II I would say!

Just make sure you replace the stock  eartips  (boy they suck)   with a ''thicker' silicone rubber or some sort and there will be a noticeable difference in the audio quality!lol 

lol why do you need 5?
Would've been better to get some other phones to try out different flavours?

Oct 10, 2014 at 10:44 PM Post #482 of 1,243
^^^ I actually like the soundstage from my unamplified iPod classic....I own several in-ears and Headphones in the $100-$150 bracket 

I am a Heavy Metal Midrange junkie and even though the Pistons 2 doesn't pack a lot of them, I find it so surprisingly good to listen to (New Age, Jazz, Trance etc.) just to get out of my comfort zone 

I would probably give a couple of them as a Holiday gift, then keep the rest 
gs1000.gif

Oct 11, 2014 at 12:30 AM Post #483 of 1,243
I picked one of these up on a whim a few days ago, and it arrived today. I'm impressed so far, they seem to sound exactly how they measure, which is to say pretty darn good. I could have done without the chocolate smell, which is cool at first as a novelty, but it's a very poor and artificial smelling "chocolate-ish" smell and is starting to grate on me slightly. These will probably replace my Amperiors as my primary on-the-go headphone.

They're more bass and less treble than I'm used to, but despite the reasonably unbalanced signature, they perform pretty darn well. I don't hear any major spikes or sharp dips in the FR, everything sounds smooth. The distortion seems to be very low, and the decay speed surprisingly fast for a headphone under $100. Soundstage is pretty decent, imaging is the same, and detail is pretty good. The only real issue is I wish it dealt with complex passages better than it does.

Of course, I've almost exclusively been listening to the HD800's, so I'm pretty damn spoiled. These obviously have a long way to go before they're like the HD800's, but I think they're a very likable and high quality IEM at this price range. I'm pretty happy I picked up a pair, and have already recommended them to a friend.

Oct 11, 2014 at 3:51 AM Post #486 of 1,243
  yea...merimobiles look a bit shady like all the other site selling the Pistons
blink.gif
 not sure i'm interested in this Chinese headache

Ahh you beat me to it! They are on sale right now, I'm buying from there and it would be nice if someone review the version they sell, pics and all. 

Merimobiles is legit. A lot of us Canadians on RFD purchased from them, only issue is the shipping time. It appears dependent on the number of ones you ordered. Those who ordered 2+ seemed to get them in about 2 weeks time. Others who purchased just one had a shipping time of one to two months. Luckily, mine came in at the one month mark. I don't mind waiting though, just forget it and one day, it'll surprise you. But i think i may consider buying from ibuygou next time, seems like they might be a bit faster. 

The version i got was the 2.1. Poor lighting/camera, but it will have to do. 

Oct 11, 2014 at 4:21 AM Post #488 of 1,243
Finally had to chance to listen to Pistons that I got last week from Flipkart. Bass is definitely there which was missing from the one that I had returned earlier. Sounds quite nice overall. This is my first in-ear headphone, so definitely not too comfortable with it, might try to get decent earbud instead, going back to Pro 80's & Beevo for now. 
ph34r.gif

These came in white box (again) with Sep 2014 manufacturing & Oct 2014 import date. Surprisingly this one doesn't have any "chocolate" smell (while the previous one had it), may be they forgot to dip it in chocolate lava before packing. 
rolleyes.gif

Oct 11, 2014 at 5:47 AM Post #489 of 1,243
Just ordered mine from eBay (Seller: allphoneunlock) for RS. 1348 ($22.028) using a 10% off coupon. Gonna be delivered by next Saturday.Anyone knows a good way to burn in the Pistons? Hoping to finally stop asking head-fi (actually disturbing head-fi) which one is better?! Yay! I am coming atcha pistons lol. :)

Oct 11, 2014 at 6:10 AM Post #490 of 1,243
Just ordered mine from eBay (Seller: allphoneunlock) for RS. 1348 ($22.028) using a 10% off coupon. Gonna be delivered by next Saturday.Anyone knows a good way to burn in the Pistons? Hoping to finally stop asking head-fi (actually disturbing head-fi) which one is better?! Yay! I am coming atcha pistons lol.
smily_headphones1.gif

There is no "good way" to burn in any headphone or IEM -- everything is totally up to preference as long as it does what it does. Play pink noise, white noise, or just regular music through the Pistons. Totally up to you.

Oct 11, 2014 at 6:26 AM Post #491 of 1,243
Just ordered mine from eBay (Seller: allphoneunlock) for RS. 1348 ($22.028) using a 10% off coupon. Gonna be delivered by next Saturday.Anyone knows a good way to burn in the Pistons? Hoping to finally stop asking head-fi (actually disturbing head-fi) which one is better?! Yay! I am coming atcha pistons lol.
smily_headphones1.gif

An efficient way to do it is by shuffling thru different songs with different genre I guess (bass-heavy hip hop, guitar-heavy Rock, Classical, Jazz etc )  then LOOP it until you reach 50-70 hours or so, Gradually boost the volume as you  progress.....night time up until dawn would be ideal

Oct 11, 2014 at 8:38 AM Post #492 of 1,243

Merimobiles is legit. A lot of us Canadians on RFD purchased from them, only issue is the shipping time. It appears dependent on the number of ones you ordered. Those who ordered 2+ seemed to get them in about 2 weeks time. Others who purchased just one had a shipping time of one to two months. Luckily, mine came in at the one month mark. I don't mind waiting though, just forget it and one day, it'll surprise you. But i think i may consider buying from ibuygou next time, seems like they might be a bit faster. 

The version i got was the 2.1. Poor lighting/camera, but it will have to do. 

Thank you.

Oct 11, 2014 at 9:12 AM Post #493 of 1,243
Today I got replied by Xiaomi C.S (Customer Support/Service)

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your support and attention.

I would like to inform you that as of now Piston 2 is the original version for the Indian user and if you purchase it through flipkart then it's original one . Because only flipkart has authority to sale the Xiaomi product in India there is no retail store is available for Xiaomi product . ​

Thank you so much for your understanding and cooperation.
Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.
Have a nice day!

Thanks and best regards,
Yogita
Xiaomi India Customer Service Center
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MiIndiaOfficial
E-Mail: service.in@xiaomi.com
Web Chat Service: http://www.mi.com/in/service/online/
Hotline: 1800-103-6286

Sent: Thursday, October 2, 2014 4:31 PM
To: Xiaomi Customer Service of India
Subject: I wanted to know about the Pistons.

Hello,
I found out that the Pistons are now finally available on Flipkart and many people have already bought them from there. After a lot of research me and some other people over the internet are confused whether the model that you can buy from Flipkart is the one circulating internationally. At Flipkart the model no. is not the same as the others i.e MK301, the official model no. for Xiaomi Pistons 2/2.1. Also the price of the Pistons on Flipkart is very low compared to other countries in Asia itself. Pistons from Flipkart do no look like the ones you get from Xiaomi and the box is white instead of the brownish box too. A video states that they are two different versions, The Indian Version from Flipkart and the other is The Original Variant from any other place (However I do not believe this video as much as the support team from Xiaomi). There are many fakes circulating around and I just wanted to confirm if the Pistons from Flipkart are the same as the Pistons you could get imported from China/The Original Version. Thank you.  Looking forward to your reply.

Here is the email. (I erased my email ID and username)
Anyways @TBG I see http://www.tekfusiontechnologies.com/Burner/Burner.php seems good. I am wayyy too excited for the Xiaomis.

Oct 11, 2014 at 10:05 AM Post #494 of 1,243
I've ordered the pistons last week because ibuygou had them on sale, but because they sold out and I already payed they'll send the the new silver ones without aditional costs. Can't wait to test them!

Oct 11, 2014 at 10:53 AM Post #495 of 1,243
  Today I got replied by Xiaomi C.S (Customer Support/Service)
Here is the email. (I erased my email ID and username)
Anyways @TBG I see http://www.tekfusiontechnologies.com/Burner/Burner.php seems good. I am wayyy too excited for the Xiaomis.

wow that's great news! FK sell it for like 13$! a bit weird as it's cheaper than in China!
Do FK offer Free Worldwide Shipping when it's available in stock?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back