The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2.0
Oct 9, 2014 at 8:32 PM Post #467 of 1,243
Hey @thatBeatsguy, I just noticed that you spelled Merimobiles incorrectly in the first post's sellers list :p There's only one R and link is:

http://www.merimobiles.com/

Oh. I could almost swear I remember you typing Merrimobiles, but maybe that could've just been me. Thanks for the heads up.

Oct 10, 2014 at 12:13 PM Post #474 of 1,243
Alright, bought the pistons off of amazon from Robert's Superstore and can pretty much confirm that they're legit as well. Right off the bat these things sound really fun though the bass isn't so overpowering and mids not so recessed so I guess fun but more balanced than others. Hadn't spent much time with them yet so I can't really comment too much about it.

They're not the most comfortable IEMs in the world though so these might hurt if you have small ears. Also be weary that these are metal and they can get cold! That was an odd surprise when I put em on this morning after they've been sitting on my night stand with the fan on

Oct 10, 2014 at 2:39 PM Post #475 of 1,243
After using the Piston 2.1 for some time, I concur its a great headphone for the price and the hype is somewhat justified.

The only thing I don't like is the design of the remote. Having the track control button in the back makes it difficult to use it effectively in my opinion. Many times I find myself having to actually look at the remote and fumble with it so that I can grip it correctly and place my fingers in the proper position without hitting the volume buttons by mistake. I had some cheap Samsung earbuds with 3 button remote (all in same side) that never gave me this problem. Of course sound quality was not even close to the Pistons.

Seller: Merimobiles.com
Price: $20
Shipping: 32 days
mad.gif
(to Puerto Rico)

Oct 10, 2014 at 5:37 PM Post #476 of 1,243

Not bad with the trance

Oct 10, 2014 at 8:15 PM Post #477 of 1,243
Indeed!!! Trance Nation! 

How are the earhooks working out? Do they help with stability and seal for the tips? I'm still on stock and would like to purchase better ones but wouldn't mind doing exercise and running if I got the hooks. 

For those fearful of fakes, many on this forum have ordered from PenonAudio.com( in HongKong), as have I. It's a bit pricier, but it's made up for in a speedier deliver and peace of mind. Atleast to the United States. 

Oct 10, 2014 at 9:02 PM Post #479 of 1,243
Oct 10, 2014 at 10:23 PM Post #480 of 1,243
Hello ! First time here!

smily_headphones1.gif

Got 5 of these badboys ($15 a pop.....100 percent LEGIT....for hoarding purposes lol) and I must say they are truly impressive for the price! even better than the Cx-300 mk II I would say!

Just make sure you replace the stock  eartips  (boy they suck)   with a ''thicker' silicone rubber or some sort and there will be a noticeable difference in the audio quality!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back