The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2.0
Mar 24, 2015 at 8:41 AM Post #1,036 of 1,243
  Hello, I'm thinking of getting these, but I have a Nokia Windows Phone.
Are these compatible with all phones?

No, they're not. Assuming yours is a Lumia, it shouldn't be a problem. But know that oustide of actual Xiaomi devices the 3-button remote never works as it should (compared to an Apple-compatible 3-button remote on an Apple device).

Mar 24, 2015 at 3:27 PM Post #1,040 of 1,243
Hi, guys :) I am new here as a member, but I've been reading through this thread for more than a month. The reason: I wanted to buy Pistons :) Finally, with your help, I was able to decide where to order from and also - what Pistons to order. And now I want to share my personal experience with you :)

I went for the Pistons made specially for girls. Crystal Pink Pistons. On the site I ordered them from, they are the newest edition called "1 More Design Piston Crystal iF Design Award Edition Headphone", Duomi Music.
But first things first:
After ordering and receiving the Pistons, I went to the official MIUI forum to ask experienced members for help, because I wasn't sure if the earphones were genuine or fake. Some guys from there looked at some details on my photos of the Pistons and confirmed: Nothing fake there :D I was so happy!

And now, my experience:
The looks: They look p-e-r-f-e-c-t :) I am a girl and all I can say is: Every woman who sees my earphones is amazed how beautiful they look like. Like some jewelry! The cable is kind of metallic with Kevlar added, of course. It's so shiny and pinky, I am really in love... I honestly never saw so wonderful looking earphones in my life. Not to forget - the earplugs have Swarovski crystal elements on each of their backs - so when you listen to music, it kinda looks like you have earrings instead of earplugs :D

I have them now for a month or so, so I've been able to listen to all the genres I like and can say: The sound is really, really nice, everything is clear - except - I'd personally be more satisfied with a little more, a little deeper bass sounds. Now, that is the only thing I'd like to be better. But since I am not a professional sound tester, my opinion could be totally wrong (maybe it's better with not so deep bass sounds?) - so please don't rely on that :)

The buttons on the cable that are there to be used as a microphone, as pause/play, next song, previous song - are working perfectly! But I have to make clear, I DO have a Xiaomi Redmi Note 4G smartphone - and these buttons are promised to work on Xiaomis :)

Oh, one more thing - the Pistons come in a metallic cardboard box, which opens and closes in its middle with the help of a magnet, it's really cool :) Inside the box I received a little booklet in Chinese, another booklet as a proof that these earphones have true Swarovski elements, three spare replaceable earplugs (made out of silicone), a little bag made of "plush" (is it called plush?) and - a really nice rubber "box" that makes it easy for the earphones to stay untangled (you roll the cable around this box and have two holes inside to put each earplug into it). This box is rose colored and feels really nice under fingers, kinda smooth and soft. This would be an amazing gift for any girl or woman, believe me :)

So, this is my first post and my first experience - I hope I gave you some new information, since I didn't find any info about this new version of Crystal Pistons anywhere. I'll try to add some images of them later (I can't yet, since I'm new here) so you can see how they look like in real life :wink:
And yes, the site I ordered from was IBUYGOU. Thanks to this thread, I wasn't afraid of ordering from there :) If you have any more questions, please feel free to ask.

Mar 26, 2015 at 11:22 AM Post #1,046 of 1,243
Ahh okay, thanks a lot.

Are there any other ear tips I can try out? 
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back