The WS99/WS77 PG 57..
Apr 24, 2013 at 5:01 PM Post #827 of 1,799
Quote:
So are the HM5 pads the go to pads to use? How much better are they than stock?

No. Imo the stock pads sound better. But the HM5 pads are larger and therefore more comfortable if you find the stock pads to be a bit small for your ears.

Apr 24, 2013 at 6:54 PM Post #829 of 1,799
Quote:
So are the HM5 pads the go to pads to use? How much better are they than stock?

I don't know yet, I'm still waiting for mine to get here.

The K267 pads are not too bad. Very little change in sound, but a little loose and can fall off pretty easily. They also aren't 100% comfortable. I still get the slightest bit of pinch, but nothing terrible. I was able to wear them for 5 hours straight today and only needed to readjust them every so often to keep them comfortable. Only problem is the K267 pads aren't available for sale yet.

Apr 24, 2013 at 7:12 PM Post #830 of 1,799
Iv recently brought the ws99 but was wondering in terms of bass if any of you kind people could tell me if they are better than the DT770 pro's before I spend my money on getting them and returning these if anyone has tried both, can you tell me which one has better sound and bass overall. thank you

Apr 24, 2013 at 8:32 PM Post #832 of 1,799
Quote:
Are these friendly for big ears and glasses?

I wear glasses and they are the most comfortable set of cans i have used with my glasses on with everything stock. Though my modded set of S500s is slightly better comfort wise. These are pretty damn comfy for glasses wearers but my ears are medium/ normal in size so..... YMMV.

Apr 25, 2013 at 4:34 AM Post #833 of 1,799
WS99 or ATHM50?

Trying to decide. Which one is better overall? I like the clearness of the M50s. I haven't seen or tried the WS99 yet. I might get them and return my M50s once Amazon gets it back in stock. Btw, I'm new here so I'm pretty clueless on all this audio stuff.

I'm mainly looking for a well balanced headphone with a bit of bass. But not too much bass to the point where it starts messing with the lyrics. I also want some isolation for studying (I usually listen to some classical music while studying). The m50s imo weren't isolating enough.

Apr 25, 2013 at 4:54 AM Post #834 of 1,799
Also, do the WS99 fold up or anything to make them portable? Are there any cases that it might be able to fit in? I'm planning on putting them in my backpack for school but I don't want to break them. I have a slappa case for the M50s but it only fits when they're folded.

Apr 25, 2013 at 1:15 PM Post #836 of 1,799
OMG triple post! Haha!

Apr 25, 2013 at 1:24 PM Post #837 of 1,799
OMG triple post party!

Apr 25, 2013 at 1:25 PM Post #838 of 1,799
How do you rank these compared to the Denon D2000 you sold me?  Meaning the WS99.

Hey hi!
These are a portable solution if you like your 2000 these are not as prominent in the treble but the 99 mids have that similar realism and the bass is more linear, although I did not listen to the 2000 long enough to leave more impressions, what struck me of those specially MarkL modded cans was the intense realism of the upper mids, accentuated by the trebles.
I don't remember much of the bass except that it was on par with rest of sound wich to me means it did not overtake the rest of the music so that's good.
As far as size they are both excellent closed cans and both sound large soundstage for a closed can.

Could someone give me a brief rundown on amping?
Thanks!

There is an excellent brief rundown on last pages of the es10 thread.
That is my next purchase.
As with most any can, amping can and usually does make them sound larger.

WS99 or ATHM50?

Trying to decide. Which one is better overall? I like the clearness of the M50s.

I had the M50 LE for a time and they were so satisfying Amped..
The ws99 are an obvious upgrade in every sense as well as more portable, but you may be happy or prefer the m50 sound wich has more top end prominence, maybe bordering too much.
There is no can out that has the ws99 signature bass wich comes alive in varying degrees linearly according to aspects in the song.

Apr 25, 2013 at 1:28 PM Post #839 of 1,799
^ Hey Maxx, I think you got your point across.. 3 times lol! Don't you love head-fi on mobile devices?

Apr 25, 2013 at 1:41 PM Post #840 of 1,799
He needs to get tapatalk. lol
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back