The WS99/WS77 PG 57..
Feb 16, 2013 at 3:16 AM Post #151 of 1,799
Quote:
I am just telling it like I hear it..You have never heard an AT can like these RPG..

See this is the mind blowing aspect of these WS99 in the highs. Believe me there is not a sound that is lacking on these cans. They even have a nice high end sparkle if it is in the tune. The depth of the highs is as deep as the mids.  These do all this in the sound and when you add all them together. What can I say.

Woah !!! ...just when I thought it's safe to come out of Dsnuts seclusion, hiding out with my AD900X and I stumble straight onto this !?!?!?
blink.gif

Was just simply wanting to order a CKN70 thru Amazon JP but somehow a WS99 and CKN50 kinda dropped into my cart as well.

Oh, well  ....I see the meteorites are starting to fall from the sky, might as well enjoy 'em while I still can !   ...hope I get them before these rocks from space gets me !
frown.gif

Feb 16, 2013 at 3:22 AM Post #152 of 1,799
Quote:

Woah !!! ...just when I thought it's safe to come out of Dsnuts seclusion, hiding out with my AD900X and I stumble straight onto this !?!?!?
blink.gif

Was just simply wanting to order a CKN70 thru Amazon JP but somehow a WS99 and CKN50 kinda dropped into my cart as well.

Oh, well  ....I see the meteorites are starting to fall from the sky, might as well enjoy 'em while I still can !   ...hope I get them before these rocks from space gets me !
frown.gif

LoL, and don't forget the check that ATH ES700 thread of Ds.
wink_face.gif
LMAO!!!

Feb 16, 2013 at 6:40 AM Post #153 of 1,799
Well what can you say, Dsnuts really has the right job, he's probably the best salesman I ever saw. ;D His ability to make some1 interested in buying something is >9000.

Feb 16, 2013 at 8:55 AM Post #154 of 1,799
To me the m100 sounded pretty well balanced that I never considered them as "bass cans".
To me the tiesto cans seemed to accentuate the bass more.

Feb 16, 2013 at 9:07 AM Post #155 of 1,799
Woah !!! ...just when I thought it's safe to come out of Dsnuts seclusion, hiding out with my AD900X and I stumble straight onto this !?!?!? :blink:

Oh, well  ....I see the meteorites are starting to fall from the sky, might as well enjoy 'em while I still can !   ...hope I get them before these rocks from space gets me ! :frowning2:

Haha forget the meteorites that's why I did my taxes early so I can enjoy my return before the black dwarf star comes!
The quote you posted of. DSnuts describing the treble is exactly what I have experienced with the 700, and he also noted to choose those as well.
To me they have ability to trick you 2 turn your head with realism.

Feb 16, 2013 at 11:15 AM Post #156 of 1,799
Quote:
is that the es10 in your profile pic?
U have them?
I can't seem to find many comparisons with them & m100 or these ws99.

To me the m100 are tops in musicality untill I hear these nice ws99.
I am hoping the ws99 can be the poor man's version of the es10..
Maybe, probably better
smily_headphones1.gif

That isn't the ES10.

After the SF Bay Area meet, I'll be able to write a more detailed comparison between ES10 and M100. Last time I had a demo with the M100, I didn't have my ES10, and it's quite hard to compare audio characteristics when there's nothing immediate to compare to. Not to mention I listened to the M100 with my friend's music. But my subjective opinion is that M100 doesn't even come close to touching the refinement of ES10.

And to elaborate on that, I think it's quite a tall order to better the ES10. I haven't heard the WS99, but there are very few headphones under $500 that I can consider "on par" with the ES10.

Feb 16, 2013 at 6:48 PM Post #157 of 1,799
Quote:
is that the es10 in your profile pic?
U have them?
I can't seem to find many comparisons with them & m100 or these ws99.

To me the m100 are tops in musicality untill I hear these nice ws99.
I am hoping the ws99 can be the poor man's version of the es10..
Maybe, probably better
smily_headphones1.gif

No, those are my Ultrasone HFI-580's.

Feb 16, 2013 at 6:50 PM Post #158 of 1,799
Quote:

I've auditioned the both of them together as well, and I found the M-100 more suited to my musical preferences. Both are good, basshead cans, just in a different vein. If it helps, I ended up buying the M-100 myself. I don't think you'll regret getting the M-100. 
smile.gif

Thanks for your input!  Your review was one of the reasons I felt good about my M-100 purchase.  That being said, I'll still take a listen to the WS99 once it is available in the US.

Feb 17, 2013 at 10:48 AM Post #159 of 1,799
Quote:
Haha forget the meteorites that's why I did my taxes early so I can enjoy my return before the black dwarf star comes!
The quote you posted of. DSnuts describing the treble is exactly what I have experienced with the 700, and he also noted to choose those as well.
To me they have ability to trick you 2 turn your head with realism.

I understand completely what you are referring to by "trick you 2 your head" ...the AD900X has that in truckloads !
wink.gif
  ....the only con about them is that they are meant for indoor, quiet place use.
I'm looking at the WS99 as my portable cans where the extra bass will help 'mask out' any issues of isolation and since I mainly listen to EDM, Trance and Dubstep when I'm out and about.

Feb 18, 2013 at 1:52 PM Post #162 of 1,799
Don't go there because I just posted more thoughts on that es700 thread after a week burn in & it only gets better.

Feb 18, 2013 at 1:54 PM Post #163 of 1,799
I understand completely what you are referring to by "trick you 2 your head" ...the AD900X has that in truckloads ! :wink:   ....

Nooooooooooowwwwwuuhh now I have to buy!

Feb 20, 2013 at 7:59 AM Post #164 of 1,799
Quote:
Nooooooooooowwwwwuuhh now I have to buy!

I think the AD900X has the better soundstage to the ES700 but the extremely poor isolation means it's can only show it's true colors in a quiet room. Hope Dsnut can chime in here as he has both (as well as the WS99).

My AD900X are nicely burn in now, I'm amazed at how much they have turned from ugly ducklings (open box) into beautiful, graceful swans !
If ever meteorites should should start falling around here, the AD900X are the first thing I'll grab to put on my head !!!
L3000.gif

Feb 20, 2013 at 1:39 PM Post #165 of 1,799
Oh yea I call em the 3 headed monsters. The WS99 ES700 and the AD900.. All 3 are different but offers excellence in the type of sound they offer. Can't recommend better headphones for the price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back