The WS99/WS77 PG 57..
Jun 18, 2014 at 10:19 PM Post #1,668 of 1,799
I've been having some troubles with the jack where the headphone detach. I find that if I twist it in any way, audio cuts out on one side, so I'm constantly having to squeeze the jacks together to fix it. I know that it's not the extender as I've tried many different cables with the same results. For some reason, the connection isn't as tight as it should be. It's kind of annoying to always have to squeeze the extender cable and Y-cables together. Anyone else have this problem? Is there a fix?

Jun 19, 2014 at 3:48 AM Post #1,669 of 1,799
for me it's the cable with the microphone which is defective. If i put the volume on max (on the cable), the sound is cut off in the left earcup. If it is a notch down, there is no cut-off. The other cable is just fine. I wonder if other people have these cable problems. However, it is kind of a let-down knowing that i paid over $200 for this headphone and having these problems.. Nontheless, i love them for their great sound quality :)

Jun 26, 2014 at 9:15 PM Post #1,670 of 1,799
  for me it's the cable with the microphone which is defective. If i put the volume on max (on the cable), the sound is cut off in the left earcup. If it is a notch down, there is no cut-off. The other cable is just fine. I wonder if other people have these cable problems. However, it is kind of a let-down knowing that i paid over $200 for this headphone and having these problems.. Nontheless, i love them for their great sound quality :)

IIRC, people have been having issues with the microphone cable since the beginning. I don't like it either, but I've misplaced the other cable and need to buy some sort of replacement... Still a great can, though.

Jun 26, 2014 at 11:19 PM Post #1,671 of 1,799
I havent't really used the microphone cable as the volume slider is way too sensitive for my liking. Otherwise it's fine. The clarity is really good, but when it rubs against my shirt there's a lot of noise for the person on the other end.

I managed to fix my issue with the vanilla cable by cleaning the male and female connectors with a bit of rubbing alcohol and a q-tip. It would cut in and out if it twisted and was becoming worse. It didn't look dirty so I wasn't hopeful, but presto, it sounds like new again and I'm very happy with them. So yeah, that's worth a shot for some of you with cable issues. Like I said, it looked spotless and completely clean, but there must have been something, and it seems that these are very sensitive to any bit of filth.

Jul 8, 2014 at 1:09 PM Post #1,672 of 1,799

That's interesting you notice sibilance with these. To me there is none at all. Maybe I'm just used to other cans that hit the really high highs, but to me these are a relaxing break from more sibilant headphones.
I had the same problem. There is a screw leading up to where the earcup connects that you can tighten. You might need to take the earcup off to get to it.

were you able to fix them, if so how did you get the earcup off without permanently damaging them.
My right earcup is loose too and I want to fix them but when trying to follow your advice it seems like if I applied to much force I would break them.

Jul 10, 2014 at 1:35 AM Post #1,674 of 1,799
[/IMG] I simply made this to tighten up the screws. =)

Jul 11, 2014 at 8:35 AM Post #1,676 of 1,799
[attach]1146212[/attach] I simply made this to tighten up the screws. =)[/quote]

I ended up contacting audio technica and as it turns out they said they would fix it for free
you just have to fill out the repair form and send them in
I sent them in for repair yesterday
I think I will end up having to pay return shipping but I will let you all know how it turns out

Jul 16, 2014 at 3:00 PM Post #1,677 of 1,799
sorry for the double post but this is more of an update
audio technica fixed the loose earpiece problem for me for free as they said they fix these type of issues in or out of warranty for free
I paid to have them shipped but they shipped them back at no cost to me.
mind you the shipping is ups which is very slow compared to others but meh it is free and it takes a guaranteed 5 days
I am now a bigger fan of audio technica than I was before because as Im sure we all can attest to, good customer service is becoming rarer and rarer these days

Jul 16, 2014 at 4:27 PM Post #1,678 of 1,799
Still hope they'd take measures to fix this issue on the headphone to begin with, since it is an easy fix as it's a screw becoming loose and well they probably save money in the process.

Jul 18, 2014 at 6:42 PM Post #1,680 of 1,799
  true but heres another update on my repair
they ended up sending me a brand new pair instead of a repair
which is awesome
only bad news is I have to burn them in again

The good news is indeed awesome! And the bad news ain't so bad. Good stuff!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back