The worst pain you've ever experienced
Jan 28, 2007 at 3:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 78

RedLeader

Headphoneus Supremus
As I sit here, contemplating what just happened to me, I cannot help but wonder: what is the worst pain that you personally have experienced? I'm not talking emotional or spiritual, I'm talking physical. I was just in a college hockey game, where I took a slapshot square off of a very good friend of mine, who just happens to be attached to me. Not glancing, the cup did not help, it hit me and dropped. So did I. This is worse than a shattered arm, this is worse than an exploding appendix, this is worse than a paintball in the jugular, smashing my finger in a steel door or cracking a couple ribs. Those are the worst I've ever experienced, help me feel better by telling me how mine is nothing. Please, just help me keep my mind off.... ow....

Jan 28, 2007 at 4:04 AM Post #4 of 78
Seems like we did a thread just like this recently. Use the search function, pal!
very_evil_smiley.gif
How's that for pain?
icon10.gif

(All in good humor... er, maybe not so good humor, of course). Sorry to hear about this.

Jan 28, 2007 at 4:05 AM Post #5 of 78
I slammed my pee-pee in a sliding glass door when I was 6 (not a joke). The urologist actually made a house call; he heard the panic in my Mother's voice.

It hurt real bad.

Jan 28, 2007 at 4:05 AM Post #6 of 78
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I swear I remember a lengthy, painful (arrgh) thread just like this not so long ago.

We think alike. Scary.

Jan 28, 2007 at 4:09 AM Post #8 of 78
Wow Wmcmanus, in the time it took me to search for the old thread you were able to post twice, now that's prolific

Jan 28, 2007 at 4:12 AM Post #9 of 78
My worst was when I was 15'ish and had oral surgery. They had to cut a lot portion of skin off the roof of my mouth and graft it into my lower lip where my gum line was eroding. After the shots wore off (while I was waiting for my pain pill prescription to get filled) I thought I was going to die.

It was many, many times worse than my broken nose, split open finger (5 stitches), removal of 4 teeth before I could get braces, and removal of my wisdom teeth. I hope I never have to go through that again.
blink.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 28, 2007 at 4:17 AM Post #11 of 78
sorry guys, I should have looked. I'm just... a little delusional at this point. Goodness me, not using the search? I should be banned...

Jan 28, 2007 at 6:00 AM Post #13 of 78
I fell 15 feet onto solid concrete, unconscious, hospital, broke half my body, morphine/Valium, yeah that would be the worst pain.
blink.gif

Jan 28, 2007 at 2:35 PM Post #15 of 78
I have 2 that are forever in my memory.

1. Kidney stones about 15 years ago.

2. A slapshot that hit the protruding bone on my ankle. I was reminded of it for a long time every time I laced up the skate and took a stride.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back