The worst pain you've ever experienced
Jan 29, 2007 at 12:26 AM Post #31 of 78
Slid into second base and decided to catch my fall with my arm. Felt the back of my hand touch my arm.... similar feeling to a loose watch on your wrist touching the top of your hand. Broke my wrist pretty good. Didn't get to the Orthopedist, because he was booked, for a day and a half. Then he set it.... That hurt more than when I broke the stinking thing
icon10.gif

Jan 29, 2007 at 12:34 AM Post #33 of 78
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gautama /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I ATE my entire bottom lip. I was numb after getting my wisdoms pulled, I couldnt feel my entire face, nor could i taste anything. So, unknowingly, I slowly began eating my lip. Took months to heal, but when I woke up the next day and I wasn't numb, DAMN!

frown.gif
Damn dude, weak

Jan 29, 2007 at 12:48 AM Post #37 of 78
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gautama /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I ATE my entire bottom lip. I was numb after getting my wisdoms pulled, I couldnt feel my entire face, nor could i taste anything. So, unknowingly, I slowly began eating my lip. Took months to heal, but when I woke up the next day and I wasn't numb, DAMN!

your name isn't chris is it? my buddy was eating chicken mcnuggets after getting numb at the dentist. he chewed his lower lip pretty bad before i noticed.

/that's not bbq sauce!

Jan 29, 2007 at 12:52 AM Post #38 of 78
Quote:

Originally Posted by redshifter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
your name isn't chris is it? my buddy was eating chicken mcnuggets after getting numb at the dentist. he chewed his lower lip pretty bad before i noticed.

/that's not bbq sauce!

Haha, nope, thats not me. I chewed mine in my basement watching Starsky and Hutch
icon10.gif

Jan 29, 2007 at 1:16 AM Post #39 of 78
Testicular torsion, I was told it is the highest on the pain richter scale. Took a couple hours to get as urologist into the ER at 4AM. Happened while I was fixing a leaking pipe and strained too hard . After that nothing hurts.

Jan 29, 2007 at 1:43 AM Post #40 of 78
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ross1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Good guess, its was just padding covering a screw which held bits of my arm together. It wasnt successful at that, by the way, its offically 'dislocated' in that photo, despite all the meccanno. Oh, and those sites with the metal sticking into my arm and hand, they had to be cleaned every single day for about a month or so. Took a hour and a half each time. Wasnt very fun.

How it happened? I was like humpty dumpty and had a great fall.

Also like humpty dumpty, they couldnt put my arm back together again. My wrist is now basically immobilized, and they have given up doing operations on it.

frown.gif

you have my sympathy. that SUCKS, man.

Jan 29, 2007 at 1:47 AM Post #41 of 78
Bear with me

When I fractured my fibia in two places just below the knee, the bone was poking against the skin and it was all ewwwww, that did not hurt. Hell, I tried walking afterwards
blink.gif
Still have two pins in my leg to show for it!

But banging my shin against a chair or table leg etc hurts like hell

lol
icon10.gif
rolleyes.gif

Seriously now

Jan 29, 2007 at 2:13 AM Post #42 of 78
In fairness, my wrist didnt start hurting until about an hour or so after, when I got into the ambluance and I started to warm up. Until then I was just really cold.

Then even with the gas they give you it hurt like hell until they injected morphine straight into the arm. I remember that feeling of relief.....

Jan 29, 2007 at 2:25 AM Post #43 of 78
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ross1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In fairness, my wrist didnt start hurting until about an hour or so after, when I got into the ambluance and I started to warm up. Until then I was just really cold.

Still sucks.

I have to admit, I just think of myself when I see photos like your arm. As I stated on the first page, I slammed my pee-pee in a sliding glass door. I can't express how thankful I am there was no need to rig it up with something like what's on your arm.

Good luck healing.

Jan 29, 2007 at 2:53 AM Post #44 of 78
Quote:

Originally Posted by LFC_SL /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bear with me

When I fractured my fibia in two places just below the knee, the bone was poking against the skin and it was all ewwwww, that did not hurt. Hell, I tried walking afterwards
blink.gif
Still have two pins in my leg to show for it!

But banging my shin against a chair or table leg etc hurts like hell

lol
icon10.gif
rolleyes.gif

Seriously now

Same place, I was hit by a car, the bumper hit it just below the knee. Lucky for me it was only a hairline fracture, so i didn't need surgery, just a cast and bed bound for 2 months.

The first months was painful thou, even a cough sent virations down the body and the bones which KILLSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

There is also an old chinese saying, Toothache are the worst pain of them all. It's ages since I had an toothache, but I believe it, since it's not so much as it hurts, more it is constant all the time. And you can't put pressure on it, you just have to bare it or wait until a trip to the dentist.

Jan 29, 2007 at 2:58 AM Post #45 of 78
When I was 8 an older kid shot a ball as hard as he could at my head without me knowing it. It hit me directly in the eye and ruptured it. The ocular nerve is one of the most sensitive of all nerves to pain. I passed out from the pain. When I awoke I was out of surgery and I once again passed out from the pain. It was days before I didn't have what felt like something stabbing me again and again in the eye. Morphine was barely helping, likely because they were worried about dosing me up too much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back