The worst pain you've ever experienced
Jan 28, 2007 at 2:54 PM Post #17 of 78
I've had a number of things happen, the ones which spring to mind;

1. Came off a bike and put my hands out as an automatic reaction, they snapped back against my arms.

2. As a child I had pretty bad sunburn where I couldn't move for being in very bad pain.

3. My spine was compressed as a child and some discs popped out of place, which still happens now which is a pain.

I know a few people who've had worse happen, one was a kid in school who was pinned between a bus and gate at school - The driver didn't know he was there until he was alerted, by this time a number of bones had snapped and the only place they could go were through the skin and through the metal bars in the gate.

Jan 28, 2007 at 2:56 PM Post #18 of 78
Distal clavicle osteolysis. Lived with that for around 2 years. Continuous, unbearable pain (hard to brush teeth, eat etc. and it was with the right shoulder, and I am right handed). Tried everything for those 2 years to avoid going under the knife - cortisone, extended rest, dry-needles, accupuncture, TEMS, prolotherapy etc. Had a clavicle resection in Feb....well worth it.

Jan 28, 2007 at 3:55 PM Post #19 of 78
...two words...KIDNEY STONES!
blink.gif

Jan 28, 2007 at 4:23 PM Post #20 of 78
1) sharp end of a tree branch dead center to the left eye. right in the pupil. 1 in a million shot, and dug out a hole. with current technology nothing can be done without blinding me, so now and again the hole tears open and i get to feel the pain again and again!

2)right arm ripped from the socket: rotator cuff snapped, tendons snapped, the arm being held on by skin. it did not hurt until a 350 pound orderly at the er tried to pull my arm straight for an x-ray without pain meds.

Jan 28, 2007 at 5:01 PM Post #21 of 78
picture0414oa.jpg

This hurt quite a bit.

Jan 28, 2007 at 6:08 PM Post #23 of 78
Quote:

Originally Posted by RedLeader /img/forum/go_quote.gif
blink.gif
Why does it look like there is a white tube through your arm?

my guess is, that is another hole to put a medical screw into his bone like the other two at either end.

what did you do, get your arm run over?
eek.gif

Jan 28, 2007 at 6:35 PM Post #24 of 78
I've been pretty lucky not to have any serious injuries, although I have done some reckless things in the past. I think the worst pain I have had was a dislocated shoulder...

Jan 28, 2007 at 11:28 PM Post #26 of 78
Quote:

Originally Posted by Samgotit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I bet that hurt. Why did you screw that thing to your arm in the first place?

Specially for this thread?

Jan 28, 2007 at 11:29 PM Post #27 of 78
like a few other members mentioned, KIDNEY STONES!

it happened almost exactly a year ago, i literally came back from vacation and it happened that night... i thought i ate something wrong during my vacation so i tried to sleep though it but then the pain kept gradually getting worse until to the point of being unbearable and i had to go to the emergency room. unfortunately no one could do anything for me until they did tests, scans, poking and prodding for quite a long time until i was administered a drip (i think it was morphine or something similar). before the painkiller hit me i was rolling in pain, like my abdomen was about to explode... but man, when the drugs did hit me it was almost euphoric.

i was pain i've never felt before nor do i ever want to feel again.

thank goodness it happened AFTER my vacation!

Jan 29, 2007 at 12:12 AM Post #29 of 78
Quote:

Originally Posted by redshifter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
my guess is, that is another hole to put a medical screw into his bone like the other two at either end.

what did you do, get your arm run over?
eek.gif

Good guess, its was just padding covering a screw which held bits of my arm together. It wasnt successful at that, by the way, its offically 'dislocated' in that photo, despite all the meccanno. Oh, and those sites with the metal sticking into my arm and hand, they had to be cleaned every single day for about a month or so. Took a hour and a half each time. Wasnt very fun.

How it happened? I was like humpty dumpty and had a great fall.

Also like humpty dumpty, they couldnt put my arm back together again. My wrist is now basically immobilized, and they have given up doing operations on it.

frown.gif

Jan 29, 2007 at 12:20 AM Post #30 of 78
I ATE my entire bottom lip. I was numb after getting my wisdoms pulled, I couldnt feel my entire face, nor could i taste anything. So, unknowingly, I slowly began eating my lip. Took months to heal, but when I woke up the next day and I wasn't numb, DAMN!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back