The world's first UIEM and CIEM version of Dual DD+Quad BA! LEAR BD4.2 is now availble !
Feb 8, 2014 at 8:59 AM Post #16 of 70
=) thanks for the quick responses. that all sounds pretty good. Would've probably preferred a 24 month wty like on the UM CIEMs/mentor, but anyhow I think 12m is industry standard

>f)i) is there an option for a straight angled plug, or a plug that will fit a phone case (this seems to be a common theme for many people)

sorry, that was meant to say angled plug not straight
frown.gif

other than that - the only other question is edit: oh wait you're adding those above
biggrin.gif

>j) where can i have a look at the universal faceplate and body options for these and what are the prices?

e.g. how much extra are CF faceplates, and is it printed cf or real cf, and are different colors (e.g. faceplate, shell, tips) extra? any other interesting options/how much?

oh - that looks like a nice mic cable. how much are they and can you guys make them both CM and MMCX?

>f)i) is there an option for a straight angled plug, or a plug that will fit a phone case (this seems to be a common theme for many people)

Yes, we can modify the LEAR C2 with a Neutrik L plug, but it's too big to fit into a phone case.
C2 originally can fit into a phone case.

>j) where can i have a look at the universal faceplate and body options for these and what are the prices?

e.g. how much extra are CF faceplates, and is it printed cf or real cf, and are different colors (e.g. faceplate, shell, tips) extra? any other interesting options/how much?

Extra USD$55 . It is not real CF, but you can feel the texture of the surface.  You can select 2 different colors for LUF series( Faceplate and shell) or 3 colors for LCM (Faceplate ,shell and tips) without extra charges.

oh - that looks like a nice mic cable. how much are they and can you guys make them both CM and MMCX?

Yes!

Feb 8, 2014 at 9:45 AM Post #17 of 70
thanks again :) !
oh - that looks like a nice mic cable. how much are they

[COLOR=FF0000]Yes![/COLOR]

:p that's the only one left

edit:
>This is handmade with high quality silver plated copper cable with mic and remote for android smart phone by LEAR ($170 including shipping and Paypal charge) for your reference.

oh ok, I see, thanks.

=) it sounds like we won't see an FR chart for now - and that's ok too. thanks for the Impedance phase ones from the page before

Feb 8, 2014 at 11:29 AM Post #18 of 70
oh by the way .

>This is handmade with high quality silver plated copper cable with mic and remote for android smart phone by LEAR ($170 including shipping and Paypal charge) for your reference.

a) T-PEOS H-200 comes with an android remote. It's sort of 'an included free extra' there, so I'm not expecting much of it, but it has the following problem for me: when you press the button multiple times quickly it doesn't always respond correctly. Is this a problem for your cable?

b) forgot a really important question. For the bass port on the faceplate - have you guys designed/tested it for minimal wind noise for outside use? e.g. Merlin has a really nice faceplate vent with smooth inward facing edges and possibly a filter that make it have minimal wind noise. On the other hand - RDB+ and 1+2 have a flat hole and protruding plastic edges that have (for me) unacceptable wind noise. How is bd4.2 for this?

Feb 9, 2014 at 2:41 AM Post #19 of 70
oh by the way .

a) T-PEOS H-200 comes with an android remote. It's sort of 'an included free extra' there, so I'm not expecting much of it, but it has the following problem for me: when you press the button multiple times quickly it doesn't always respond correctly. Is this a problem for your cable?

b) forgot a really important question. For the bass port on the faceplate - have you guys designed/tested it for minimal wind noise for outside use? e.g. Merlin has a really nice faceplate vent with smooth inward facing edges and possibly a filter that make it have minimal wind noise. On the other hand - RDB+ and 1+2 have a flat hole and protruding plastic edges that have (for me) unacceptable wind noise. How is bd4.2 for this?

As there are different brands and models of smart phones, so that we are hard to know that if the mic and remote works well with all of those, but so far we used with some Samsung or HTC models, it works well with them.

b) forgot a really important question. For the bass port on the faceplate - have you guys designed/tested it for minimal wind noise for outside use? e.g. Merlin has a really nice faceplate vent with smooth inward facing edges and possibly a filter that make it have minimal wind noise. On the other hand - RDB+ and 1+2 have a flat hole and protruding plastic edges that have (for me) unacceptable wind noise. How is bd4.2 for this

3306.jpg

154540qxf2xeo8vfqx72bz.jpg

BD4.2 has also inward facing edges and a filter inside the vent too.
Except the wind(should be strong enough) is direct hitting to the faceplate, or otherwise it has no significant wind noise at all ,especially when the music is playing.

A close up of the LCM-BD4.2, please feel free to click : https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=291415307681875&l=4956006762191246269

Feb 9, 2014 at 3:41 AM Post #20 of 70
This product has got me quite excited, even if it is quite expensive (in fairness though, I suppose there's a lot jammed in there!).

I'm keen to see pictures of how the MMCX plug and cable are dealt with (location,angle etc)

It's good to see such comprehensive questions and answers in this thread btw, thanks!

Feb 9, 2014 at 3:51 AM Post #21 of 70
This product has got me quite excited, even if it is quite expensive (in fairness though, I suppose there's a lot jammed in there!).

I'm keen to see pictures of how the MMCX plug and cable are dealt with (location,angle etc)

It's good to see such comprehensive questions and answers in this thread btw, thanks!

Thanks. i'm pretty impressed Lear replied to all of those (aside from FR chart :p) in such a short time on a weekend.

=) good point forgot about those . is your concern if the plug is too long - might restrict how these can be inserted, or affect fit security or seal?

Feb 9, 2014 at 4:02 AM Post #22 of 70
I've always been interested in the MMCX plugs since I saw pic's of the Live wire Trips with them, I can't claim to have any concerns really, as this price range is beyond my means so I'm curious but just 'window shopping' if I'm honest.

Feb 9, 2014 at 4:37 AM Post #24 of 70

FYI

2775.jpg
 ​
 ​
 ​
2872.jpg
 ​
 ​
1653872_293599804130092_132752785_n.jpg
 ​
A LCM-BD4.2 user which ordered in MMCX socket.(The memory wire can still bend more for better fitting )​

Feb 9, 2014 at 6:35 AM Post #25 of 70
That's almost EXACTLY how I'd choose to implement MMCX!
The only small change I'd make would be to angle the socket a few degrees down, and use a 90 degree plug on the cable to avoid the large loop of memory wire forward of the ear.

It's definitely a better placement than the Live wires :)

These IEMs combine all my dream features!

It really is great when companies like Lear provide this level of feedback here on Head-Fi.

Feb 9, 2014 at 6:47 AM Post #26 of 70
The only small change I'd make would be to angle the socket a few degrees down, and use a 90 degree plug on the cable to avoid the large loop of memory wire forward of the ear.

It really is great when companies like Lear provide this level of feedback here on Head-Fi.

+1 on > and use a 90 degree plug on the cable
@LeakHK - do you guys offer that (right angled plugs on the MMCX plug end). Otherwise, 10cm of memory wire with that extra loop might not be enough :) . Although I suppose it needs to be slightly longer then 'default' Westone tip straight plugs not to bump into the ear (@Q Mass - is that why - angle down?)

Feb 9, 2014 at 7:05 AM Post #27 of 70

Angled MMCX male socket is possible by our custom modification as well~
Let us try and let you know the result~

Feb 9, 2014 at 7:11 AM Post #28 of 70
+1 on > and use a 90 degree plug on the cable
@LeakHK - do you guys offer that (right angled plugs on the MMCX plug end). Otherwise, 10cm of memory wire with that extra loop might not be enough
smily_headphones1.gif
. Although I suppose it needs to be slightly longer then 'default' Westone tip straight plugs not to bump into the ear (@Q Mass - is that why - angle down?)

We will try to achieve what you want! Please stay tune!

By the way, according to our past experience of making MMCX modification,
the about 10cm long of memory wire is enough for most of our customers at at moment.
however, relying on the fully support of our mother company "Forever Source Digital",
the custom modification service on cables is available !

Feb 9, 2014 at 7:33 AM Post #29 of 70
It's funny, but you and I both favour the 90 degree plug for different reasons.
I don't like memory wire and have removed it from my daily use cable.
I generally rely on the slider to keep the cables where they should be.

It'll be interesting to read listening impressions from lucky owners.

I wonder if Project 86 will be getting these?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back