The Woo Audio 2
Aug 2, 2009 at 8:10 PM Post #346 of 1,751
Those may well be very nice 5998's, but you can get them for half that price at Vacuum Tubes Radio Tubes - 5,000 different tubes in stock - Over 10 million tubes!
smily_headphones1.gif
I've bought dozens of tubes from them, all very nice.

Aug 2, 2009 at 8:31 PM Post #348 of 1,751
Yup - the ones I got were not only NOS, they were new in original boxes! $25 each.

Aug 2, 2009 at 8:43 PM Post #349 of 1,751
Yep. I just could not resist mesmerizing combination of W5000 and WA2 with my Raysonic and bought WA2 from Anouk ( always a pleasure to deal with ).
Let me tell you this combination is by far the best sound I've heard. Right now listening to Angela Gheorghiou - Casta Diva and her voice is just breathtaking. I also have AT-HA5000 that most likely will be selling in the near future. Don't get me wrong AT pairs very well with W5000 but WA2 - this is just another league. Texture, Acoustic, detail, total blackness in the background everything is there and my God so much emotions - something that I was missing in HA5000. Oh and no loss in imaging whatsoever. Bas also goes deeper and impact is theer. I think this is match made in heaven.
I cannot believe, and Anouk can confirm that, you can get better sound without spending really large amount of money.

Aug 2, 2009 at 8:59 PM Post #350 of 1,751
Oh and Anouk's unit had a little hum when connected to some kind of power surge protector but right now I'm running this directly from power outlet and is dead silent, great design cause W5000 are very prone to pick up any kind of noise. My IC is Furukawa Vivaldi and power cord on WA2 PS Audio Prelude if anyone interested in

Aug 3, 2009 at 3:12 PM Post #354 of 1,751
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anouk is gonna regret selling her WA2...

I'm sure she will. This is not only a fantastic combination with W5000 but for me it is the fantastic combination. If I wouldn't be running my office right now I go for a week vacation
biggrin.gif

Aug 4, 2009 at 2:23 AM Post #355 of 1,751
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aethelred /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm sure she will. This is not only a fantastic combination with W5000 but for me it is the fantastic combination. If I wouldn't be running my office right now I go for a week vacation
biggrin.gif

I agree 100%! Got my maxed WA2 three weeks ago and I am suffering from extreme enjoyment. It's great with the W5000 but it really is a match made in heaven with the HD800.
normal_smile .gif

I was quite happy listening to the HD800 with the Lehmann, Meier PreHead or Millett Maxed. However the WA2 takes these phones to a whole new level with a well defined 3-dimensional space that can sound eerily real.

Aug 4, 2009 at 3:16 AM Post #356 of 1,751
Quote:

Originally Posted by E Leung /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi Skykab,

It seems to me that the website doesn't show the brand and have any desciption of it. So, how come we can order or select from pool of tube? Thank You for your further advice.

In the case of the 5998, it doesn't matter - only Tung-sol ever made this tube. I've seen some branded Chatham, and some branded IBM, but they are all Tung-sol made.

Aug 4, 2009 at 4:09 AM Post #357 of 1,751
^ Thanks for the info...
normal_smile .gif

Aug 4, 2009 at 2:01 PM Post #358 of 1,751
Quote:

Originally Posted by WilCox /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I agree 100%! Got my maxed WA2 three weeks ago and I am suffering from extreme enjoyment. It's great with the W5000 but it really is a match made in heaven with the HD800.
normal_smile .gif

I was quite happy listening to the HD800 with the Lehmann, Meier PreHead or Millett Maxed. However the WA2 takes these phones to a whole new level with a well defined 3-dimensional space that can sound eerily real.

Now, I am getting really nervous......

Did you purchase the WA2 with upgraded parts ??? Should the WA6 SE be a better purchase ???

Denys

Aug 4, 2009 at 10:10 PM Post #359 of 1,751
I've bought mine used, maxxed version. As for WA 6 it's not the question which is better because I think they are on the same level. The question is synergy with your phones. In theory WA2 should not work very well with low imp phones and I think it is marvelous with W5000.

Aug 4, 2009 at 11:54 PM Post #360 of 1,751
I have been thinking about selling my WA6 for a WA2 for a while. I don't own any low impedance cans anymore. The WA6 is awesome but I have wanted a WA2 from the moment I laid eyes on it. However, I did a quick search for 6080/6as7/7236 power tubes and I couldn't find a great selection. I am assuming from reading the last two pages of this thread that compatible power tubes are starting to get rare.

I love the fact that the WA2 uses 6DJ8 drive tubes. My DAC and my speaker preamp/amp both use these tubes and I absolutely love their sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back