The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread
Jun 18, 2013 at 6:50 AM Post #7,636 of 7,980
Quote:
Everyone is talking about Wizard, then who is this David guy I was talking to?
Anyway,I am thinking of pairing 5.0 with either dx100 or hm901. Hopefully by the time I receive the 5.0(7wks time since payment?) I should also hv either of these dap...sweet, nothing in a a hurry.

Heir Audio sticks to 4-6 weeks for CIEM and for 5.0+, most of them have been done in 2 weeks or less. Then shipping, customs, etc. They will push fast for you.  

Jun 18, 2013 at 7:06 AM Post #7,637 of 7,980
Heir Audio sticks to 4-6 weeks for CIEM and for 5.0+, most of them have been done in 2 weeks or less. Then shipping, customs, etc. They will push fast for you.  

thats even better。 which means mine should be ready for shipping within this week since I purchased on 6/6. Which means I can bring it to the Melbourne meet 29th June lol. Thanks for clarification spectech !

Jun 18, 2013 at 3:11 PM Post #7,640 of 7,980
Quote:

Welcome aboard Fortis!  While I haven't heard the 4Ai or 5.0, I can definitely say that I enjoy the 8.A over the 4.A in nearly all instances.  The only time I actually want to grab the 4.A is when I'm out and about or at the gym and don't care about getting the best SQ out of my gear (i.e. Samsung Note 2).

Thank's Sunninho,  well the 8Ai I only heard for a brief time at the London meet and was hard to make a real comparison with my 3 year old JH16 which I hold a flame to but the 8Ai signature came from a different angle to my 16's and reminded me of the UE18's which I had a hard time choosing between when I purchased the JH16's so with the 5.0 been the so called little brother to the 8Ai it sounds like the other (2nd) custom I have been looking for that can sit along side the 16's and get as much sonic time between them.  

I find myself surprised though considering I own the JH16's which is perceived to be one of the top customs around that I can sit and enjoy listening to the 5.0's which is a testimony to them really and this was not the case when I first had them as I was underwhelmed with them and almost let them go.  .... So glad I kept in there with them now and they make a top end universal wing man to having the customs.  Look forward to the 8Ai's at some point for sure.  
Quote:
I find that I prefer the 5.0 for pretty much anything and everything.

For all of the conspiracy theorist out there please remember that the Wizard has a newborn baby at home and has been working insane hours to make all of the products we have been purchasing. Give the guy a break if he doesn't respond to you personally the second you reach out. I did get a PM from him recently and I think he was traveling in addition to family and work stuff.

That being said, we need to make a Wizard fan club here. Maybe get a signature tag or something and a tee shirt design. Maybe a catchy slogan.

That is fair enough, but if it were not for his name been removed from the Heir website which coincides with no one hearing from him to the normal degree, i.e. Like Sinocelt below.  Just maybe coincidence?
Quote:

No answer to my email. And that's the very first time it happens.

Quote:

I owned 4.Ai's and 5.0's, although the 5.0's only for a short time. My general sense was that I preferred the 5.0 pretty much across the board but to be honest the 5.0's didn't get a whole lot of play time as I had the demo tour pair of Tralucent 1plus2's here which IMO are in a completely different league than the 5.0 so I ended up spending as much time as possible with those. If I hadn't heard the 1plus2's though I'd expect the 5.0's would be my mainstay.

Heard the 1plus2's recently and they are certainly a full on lively sound and have more resolution  towards what is found in higher customs but the over twice the price for the 1+2's to the 5.0's make it on a different league not just in sound but price wise!  Did you find the build quality of the 1+2's as good as the Heirs? 

Jun 18, 2013 at 6:33 PM Post #7,641 of 7,980
Quote:
Heard the 1plus2's recently and they are certainly a full on lively sound and have more resolution  towards what is found in higher customs but the over twice the price for the 1+2's to the 5.0's make it on a different league not just in sound but price wise!  Did you find the build quality of the 1+2's as good as the Heirs? 

Yes, there's definitely a price difference but IMO it's worth it. I'd say build quality is about on par, I don't really have any complaints with either.

Jun 18, 2013 at 10:03 PM Post #7,642 of 7,980
I received a message from Sunny that said my CIEMs were being made by the engineers right now (impressions received 5/20) - I am like a kid in December staring at the fireplace waiting for Santa to appear... The last couple of weeks went faster than the first couple of weeks, though. Looking so forward to hearing them...

Jun 19, 2013 at 4:47 PM Post #7,643 of 7,980
Quote:
Originally Posted by FortisFlyer75 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I find myself surprised though considering I own the JH16's which is perceived to be one of the top customs around that I can sit and enjoy listening to the 5.0's which is a testimony to them really...

enjoy the serenity why it last mate... time to think about getting some trainers instead of those 8.A's... those 8.A's are meant to be super quick bet they don't hold a patch on you guys running...
wink_face.gif

Premier League Tottenham V West Ham
Sat 5 Oct 15:00  

Jun 19, 2013 at 5:19 PM Post #7,644 of 7,980
Quote:

enjoy the serenity why it last mate... time to think about getting some trainers instead of those 8.A's... those 8.A's are meant to be super quick bet they don't hold a patch on you guys running...
wink_face.gif

Premier League Tottenham V West Ham
Sat 5 Oct 15:00  

Running rings around your defence, yes that is spot on. How incredibly perceptive for a bubble blower 
biggrin.gif

Back on topic: I love my 8.As

Jun 19, 2013 at 5:28 PM Post #7,645 of 7,980
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraftyClown /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Running rings around your defence, yes that is spot on. How incredibly perceptive for a bubble blower 
biggrin.gif

how would you know?... you guys are running a marathon for charity that day....
wink_face.gif

still we can always settle it at the London-meet a fortnight later...
tongue_smile.gif

Jun 19, 2013 at 6:06 PM Post #7,648 of 7,980
I would avoid buying from Heir Audio now that it appears they are unwisely distancing themselves from Dr. Moulton, the man who designed all their earphones. Whatever direction Heir Audio thinks it's going, without Dr. Moulton, it's won't be a good one for a long time to come.

Jun 19, 2013 at 6:25 PM Post #7,649 of 7,980
I would avoid buying from Heir Audio now that it appears they are unwisely distancing themselves from Dr. Moulton, the man who designed all their earphones. Whatever direction Heir Audio thinks it's going, without Dr. Moulton, it's won't be a good one for a long time to come.

Sad but true...

Jun 19, 2013 at 6:38 PM Post #7,650 of 7,980
Quote:

Wait what... source?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back