The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread
Apr 21, 2013 at 8:47 PM Post #6,631 of 7,980
Quote:
Hmm, sounds like Heir Audio could use a vented dynamic driver earphone in its lineup... 
wink.gif

That may explain with the dynamic driver. My ipod 5g recently modded with the Wima caps actually makes it even more airy sounding. Never thought before that caps could make such difference.

Anyways I love airy sounding. It's like breathing oxygen when I listen to my music like that.
wink_face.gif

Apr 22, 2013 at 5:05 PM Post #6,633 of 7,980
Just received my 8.A's back from Heir after buying them used. These things look absolutely amazing, too early for early sound impressions, but I like what I hear so far. Different flavor entirely from the 4.A, and I'm very much enjoying the combination with my portable rig. So far... so good.

Wizard Design (Caribbean Rosewood + Ebony Inlays) w/ Amber shells. Love the way they turned out!

Will update with impressions soon, as well as some pictures of my own. 

Apr 23, 2013 at 5:56 PM Post #6,643 of 7,980
I have a question for the North American customers. When the UPS guy delivered your phones, what kind of method of payment did he/she require for the custom fees? Cash? Debit? Check? I'd rather pay with my debit card if it is possible at all. 

Thanks in advance. 

I received an invoice in the mail about a month later.

Apr 23, 2013 at 6:13 PM Post #6,644 of 7,980
Has anyone had any experiences dealing with Heir Audio for warranty? I have a pair of 2nd hand 4.ai that I purchased from ebay and one of the channels started getting worse until it completely cut out today. According to their website, their 2 year warranty is nontransferable...

Apr 23, 2013 at 6:18 PM Post #6,645 of 7,980
Quote:
Has anyone had any experiences dealing with Heir Audio for warranty? I have a pair of 2nd hand 4.ai that I purchased from ebay and one of the channels started getting worse until it completely cut out today. According to their website, their 2 year warranty is nontransferable...

Oh god... not this again.

Anyways a few pages back there was a huge banter about all the warranty hoopla. Long story short, try and contact the seller off ebay. Heir Audio, like many other companies, don't honor the warranty if you aren't the original owner. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back