The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread
Apr 18, 2013 at 5:38 AM Post #6,571 of 7,980
Quote:
I desperately need a new player (and maybe amp) for my 8.As. Im torn between 3 choices:

1, AK100 with the R1 
2, DX100 (probably by its own)
3, Ipod 5G with the HP-P1 and R1 (I really like the UI of iPods)

Or are there any other suggestions?

DX100 alone works very well with 5.0, so 8.a should be the same.

Apr 18, 2013 at 11:35 AM Post #6,572 of 7,980
Quote:
I desperately need a new player (and maybe amp) for my 8.As. Im torn between 3 choices:

1, AK100 with the R1 
2, DX100 (probably by its own)
3, Ipod 5G with the HP-P1 and R1 (I really like the UI of iPods)

Or are there any other suggestions?

I'd recommend Cypher Labs Algoryhthm Solo over HP-P1. 

Apr 18, 2013 at 3:11 PM Post #6,573 of 7,980
For those of you considering a replacement cable for your 8.A, I got the 93SPEC and I have to say it pairs rather nicely. My choice was mostly driven by ergonomic issues (the Magnus sticks out too far and messes up my fit) but I think the sound is stil very nice. Granted, only a few hours in and I have no idea if cable burn-in is even a thing, but between a better fit and improved ergonomics I have to say I very much like the 93SPEC.

My one possible complaint is that it's a bit shorter than the Magnus, but I'm not sure if that's a problem yet. The Magnus was usually a bit long for my use but I may find I miss it.

Apr 18, 2013 at 4:01 PM Post #6,575 of 7,980
Quote:
DX100 alone works very well with 5.0, so 8.a should be the same.

Im sure it will be a great pair, but ive heard it has a few glitches? 
Quote:
I'd recommend Cypher Labs Algoryhthm Solo over HP-P1. 

I thought that the DAC section of the HP-P1 was similar to that of the CLAS? I just thought it would be better to have the HP-P1 if its similar because it has an amp as well (I may not always want to carry a 3-stack combo around with me) ...

Apr 18, 2013 at 4:09 PM Post #6,576 of 7,980
Guys I am in need of help!

Of my 3a.i tips, the only red ones are in the photo besides the smallest red ones I am forced to use. Other tips? Nah, I didn't like their results.

Anybody to help me with my missing medium and damaged large? I'd be really grateful if you send or sell me your M and/or Ls

ps: anybody found a better way to purchase a new pack of tips without using that 55 usd shipment method? 9 for tips and 55 for shipment is horrible

Apr 18, 2013 at 4:15 PM Post #6,577 of 7,980
Quote:

Of my 3a.i tips, the only red ones are in the photo besides the smallest red ones I am forced to use. Other tips? Nah, I didn't like their results.

Anybody to help me with my missing medium and damaged large? I'd be really grateful if you send or sell me your M and/or Ls

ps: anybody found a better way to purchase a new pack of tips without using that 55 usd shipment method? 9 for tips and 55 for shipment is horrible

Hi there, we are more than willing to work with you if you are interested in more tips. Generally speaking, at least here in the US and Canada, extra tips are sent via letter mail and we simply front the cost ($0.46) for shipping. So, I would recommend you getting in touch with Frank in the UK and see if he can do the same from you. You may have to pay $1-2 shipping, but certainly not $55.

Edit:

Also, if for some reason Frank does not have extra ear tips, I am willing to send you tips from here in the US (again, shipping would be free of charge), but I have no idea how long they would take to get to you.
 ​

Apr 18, 2013 at 4:25 PM Post #6,578 of 7,980
Quote:

Hi there, we are more than willing to work with you if you are interested in more tips. Generally speaking, at least here in the US and Canada, extra tips are sent via letter mail and we simply front the cost ($0.46) for shipping. So, I would recommend you getting in touch with Frank in the UK and see if he can do the same from you. You may have to pay $1-2 shipping, but certainly not $55.

Edit:

Also, if for some reason Frank does not have extra ear tips, I am willing to send you tips from here in the US (again, shipping would be free of charge), but I have no idea how long they would take to get to you.
 ​

I have just emailed him and stated my desire and asked his help. I hope he can do that. And thank you for your intention. I'll contact you if he does not have these. 
PS: They'll take 2 weeks I suppose.

Apr 18, 2013 at 10:51 PM Post #6,580 of 7,980
Today the UPS tracking page said that my package should arrive by 10:30 am. So I sat down by the window with a book and waited for this mail apostle to deliver the good news. But he showed up at 5:30 pm :) 

I finally got my 8As. I've been listening to them for the last 20 minutes or so with different sources. My one sentence impression: I know I am supposed to be working on something tonight but I don't really remember what now. 

Apr 19, 2013 at 5:50 AM Post #6,583 of 7,980
Quote:
The DX100 + 8.A combo is pure magic. End of the road kit right there.

I can see you on the road from the sky with my Tera and SE5
wink.gif

Apr 19, 2013 at 6:48 AM Post #6,585 of 7,980

Or, just buy them here.

http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/m.html?_ipg=25&_sacat=0&_from=R40&_armrs=1&_ssn=luna-town&_nkw=ultimate+tips&_nkwusc=utlimate+tips&_rdc=1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back