The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread
Mar 20, 2013 at 10:53 PM Post #6,106 of 7,980
After lurking about the forms and reading about the Heir Audio products for a couple of weeks, I decided to put in an order for some 4.ai to replace the shure e4 I have been using for the last 8 years ( the cord is fraying and I can't repair them again). Unfortunately, Heir-USA is currently out of stock and while I'm trying to be patient, the wait is killing me!

Can anyone tell me if using these at the gym would be a bad idea? These headphones are going to live mostly at my office, but if the sweat isn't going to hurt them, then I might start taking them to the gym with me as well.

Mar 20, 2013 at 11:21 PM Post #6,107 of 7,980
Quote:

My V200 normally pairs with the matching V800 DAC. But the V200 is super versatile and I end up using it with all of my DACs at some point: currently the Resonessence Labs Invicta, Anedio D2, Matrix X-Sabre, Yulong D18, NuForce DAC-100, Firestone Audio Tobby, and probably some others that I'm forgetting. 

Miracles were the best IEM I had heard at that point. Now they are probably down a few spots compared to the 8.A, 6.A LE, JH13 FreqPhase, Westone ES5, and maybe even the Merlin and Lear LCM-5. But at that level it's more about matching sound signature preferences as raw performance should be good across the board. 

So you like the 8A more than the Miracles? :) What about them do you like better?

Mar 20, 2013 at 11:35 PM Post #6,108 of 7,980
Quote:
Miracles were the best IEM I had heard at that point. Now they are probably down a few spots compared to the 8.A, 6.A LE, JH13 FreqPhase, Westone ES5, and maybe even the Merlin and Lear LCM-5. But at that level it's more about matching sound signature preferences as raw performance should be good across the board. 

This is quite a strong statement. It would lead to think that Miracles would come 7th after 8.a, 6.A LE, JH13 FreqPhase, Westone ES5, Merlin and Lear LCM-5. Well at least most people will think that, not even reading the second sentence. But if it is really your opinion than ok :) I have a distant memory that you said in another thread that you did not own the Miracles anymore so could not compare though.

Owning the Heir 5.0, which is suposedly close to the 8.a, the sound signature is so different from the Miracles that it cannot compare. And the Miracles are technically better (cannot say for the 8.a).

Mar 21, 2013 at 1:29 AM Post #6,111 of 7,980
Different strokes for different folks............ 

For me, the majority of all the top tier customs sound good but on a desert island and choose one only, now that would be tough call
size]

Mar 21, 2013 at 1:45 AM Post #6,112 of 7,980
Quote:
The Miracle and the UERM are considered by most to be the pinnacle in CIEM's. Your statement is very strong indeed.

(going off topic here) Heard both (with quite good fit) and I don't think they can be lumped into the same group. Though they share slightly similar sound signature, the Miracle is way more relaxing sounding than the UERM, while the UERM is geared more towards technical side, with bass having less impact, more unforgiving treble and slightly less upper spectrum extension. Personally I'd prefer the MH334 or MH335DW to them both. 

I will try the 5.0 later today and see how they are up against those CIEMs. 

Mar 21, 2013 at 2:00 AM Post #6,113 of 7,980
(going off topic here) Heard both (with quite good fit) and I don't think they can be lumped into the same group. Though they share slightly similar sound signature, the Miracle is way more relaxing sounding than the UERM, while the UERM is geared more towards technical side, with bass having less impact, more unforgiving treble and slightly less upper spectrum extension. Personally I'd prefer the MH334 or MH335DW to them both. 

I will try the 5.0 later today and see how they are up against those CIEMs. 

Once again, hearing demos is very different from owning the actual things. First of all, custom fit changes everything. Then hearing a ciem for 2 hours and 200 hours is quite different. I am not saying it makes your opinion not valid, but to be taken with a pinch of salt :)

Mar 21, 2013 at 9:00 AM Post #6,114 of 7,980
Quote:
Owning the Heir 5.0, which is suposedly close to the 8.a, the sound signature is so different from the Miracles that it cannot compare. And the Miracles are technically better (cannot say for the 8.a).

The 5.0 gives you the sound signature of the 8.A but it can't keep up with the 8.A when it comes to detail levels, soundstage and instrument separation. 

I'll have to agree with Project86 though - Once you're on the top tier with 6.A/8.A, Miracle, JH13/16/Freqphase, Reference 5 etc. which is best is probably a matter of preference. 

Mar 21, 2013 at 11:57 AM Post #6,115 of 7,980
Quote:
... but on a desert island and choose one only, now that would be tough call
size]

Now that would make an interesting thread
rolleyes.gif

Mar 21, 2013 at 12:52 PM Post #6,117 of 7,980
After what has felt like a decade of waiting. Sunny sent me the confirmation email :D :D :D!!! Thank you again Wizard and his amazing team at Heir Audio.

Mar 21, 2013 at 12:54 PM Post #6,118 of 7,980
well, I just received my 4.ai's in the mail and all I have to say is WOW. These things rock and I mean it. For anyone who says this isn't bass heavy, well it is, it has MORE than enough bass. Now, im listening to classic rock and its perfect, as for rap and hip hop, the bass is HEAVY no loss in bass response here. I am so happy with my purchase and want to just give a shout out to Heir Audio for an amazing product that sounds amazing, built like a tank, and great fit. They also have great customer service, because of my long wait, they ended up shipping it straight from china and they paid for all the customs and extra shipping costs, also they threw in a free magnus 1 cable... GREAT CABLE. Thanks guys!

Mar 21, 2013 at 12:55 PM Post #6,119 of 7,980
rush order was totally worth it as well. three days :D
Quote:
After what has felt like a decade of waiting. Sunny sent me the confirmation email :D :D :D!!! Thank you again Wizard and his amazing team at Heir Audio.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back