The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread
Feb 16, 2013 at 2:00 AM Post #5,356 of 7,980
Very happy to see you guys enjoying the 8.A so much - even though it does make me miss mine even more 
smile.gif

Feb 16, 2013 at 3:01 AM Post #5,357 of 7,980
Like for decoration or something? Seems like a bad idea, maybe see what the Wizard says. What are you trying to do?

Just want to thicken them up a little. Well the left ear, the right is a nice fit.
Really comfy never the less and I've fallen asleep with them in my ears a lot already.

I didn't know nail polish could melt in your ears. Thanks.

Feb 16, 2013 at 3:05 AM Post #5,358 of 7,980
Quote:
Just want to thicken them up a little. Well the left ear, the right is a nice fit.
Really comfy never the less and I've fallen asleep with them in my ears a lot already.

I could fall asleep with mine if I sleep on my back but no way if I wanted to lie on my stomach or side (very uncomfortable then, like all IEMs lol). I like being able to lie down and not breaking the seal. I really don't break the seal with them in at all which is quite nice. :)

Feb 16, 2013 at 3:59 AM Post #5,359 of 7,980
So you guys think that the heirs change with burn-in? I think my tzar 350 have changed too. I'm not entirely sure, because I was continually messing up with tips and equalizer, so I don't really know if burn-in also changed the sound. But I think that before, even with the EQ I couldn't tame the peak around 6-7khz, while now, with the EQ I can tame 80% of it...though there is still abour 20% of brightness which I can't eliminate without affecting other frequencies, or incurring in clipping for excessive EQ.

Feb 16, 2013 at 6:18 AM Post #5,363 of 7,980
Yeah. Looking at my other CIEMs that's not the case with them.. Hopefully I won't need to send them back
redface.gif

Actually, the other set of Heir CIEMs I have with me look nothing like the 6.A's in the picture. That's a bit worrying
tongue.gif

Feb 16, 2013 at 6:24 AM Post #5,364 of 7,980
Quote:
Yeah. Looking at my other CIEMs that's not the case with them.. Hopefully I won't need to send them back
redface.gif

Actually, the other set of Heir CIEMs I have with me look nothing like the 6.A's in the picture. That's a bit worrying
tongue.gif

lol I know how you feel :wink:. Still I'm enjoying my IEMs so much I really don't want to send them back..... But it's really also a matter of principal in this case so....
redface.gif

Feb 16, 2013 at 8:44 AM Post #5,366 of 7,980
Phew... It's been a long time since I last posted in this thread, I sent my impressions mid-november, but I wasn't sure they had received my impressions, they never sent me a confirmation email, I thought that the chinese postal service had lost them and was about to send them a new pair of impressions through UPS this time, but I just received this morning a confirmation email saying that my order was complete and that they were waiting for a confirmation and an address before sending them. Pretty excited about it, can't wait to have them! My design is traditional, didn't have enough money to add options, but I really like how they look. Happy/Impatient! 
biggrin.gif

Feb 16, 2013 at 11:09 AM Post #5,367 of 7,980
Quote:

Oh..my bad. I forgot it was you that was having a questionable fit. Now it makes sense. Ha ha
Quote:
My 6.A's are done. Yay! Can't wait till they get here so I can finally hear what they're all about.

Wow, Shiny! Those look like a fairly deep fit, maybe that is the difference? The 6.A's should be really special. You know, I have really really really been enjoying the combo of the 4.A/8.A. The 4.A sounds just like a bit more polished version of the 4.Ai which I loved so much. I am very happy with the 4.A, it is just awesome. The 8.A is also just stunning as well. Good at different things. So much fun. Both CIEM's are so good....but...

I wish I had gotten in on a 6.A when they were available. I would love to have the 4/6/8 combo. To cover all the bases. Crazy? maybe. Let's hope the Wizard is working an another new version!
Quote:
Phew... It's been a long time since I last posted in this thread, I sent my impressions mid-november, but I wasn't sure they had received my impressions, they never sent me a confirmation email, I thought that the chinese postal service had lost them and was about to send them a new pair of impressions through UPS this time, but I just received this morning a confirmation email saying that my order was complete and that they were waiting for a confirmation and an address before sending them. Pretty excited about it, can't wait to have them! My design is traditional, didn't have enough money to add options, but I really like how they look. Happy/Impatient! 
biggrin.gif

Pictures? please please? 
size]

Feb 16, 2013 at 11:55 AM Post #5,370 of 7,980
Quote:
Anyone used nail polish on their customs?

Wondering if its safe and easily removed?

Thanks.

I painted my 4.A left earpiece since I was having fit issues, if you do it carefully layer by layer until you get the right fit you won't have any problem but you have to be patient when doing it since you have to let dry each layer! if anything just remove the paint Carefully! I used a special paint used to paint glass, I did it like that because I did not want to spend more money on shipping and handling plus the time you have to wait to get them back, you might see the picture on my 8.A review.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back