The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread
Feb 14, 2013 at 1:24 AM Post #5,341 of 7,980
That sucks. Mine were shipped out on the 5th via EMS and I got my package. And no customs charges :wink:..... I asked USPS if I had to pay customs charges and they said no.

Where in the world are you located Lee?

Feb 14, 2013 at 1:25 AM Post #5,342 of 7,980
Quote:
Where in the world are you located Lee?

Hawaii. My package was dispatched on the 6th and didn't show up in San Francisco until the 9th. It reached me just later this afternoon so I went to the post office to pick it up. Seems EMS may be a viable option if you guys want to possibly avoid Customs charges. While it is not a guarantee, it also isn't a guarantee you will have to pay it unlike UPS and Fed Ex. I love USPS.
bigsmile_face.gif

Feb 14, 2013 at 1:49 AM Post #5,343 of 7,980
Quote:
wow, you are very lucky then.

I had contacted UPS to ask them where my package is exactly located. They can not give me the answer, they just tell me to use the tracking number to find out where my package is. OMG, I will never use UPS service again.

Yeah sorry to hear that. I've had 1 too many bad experiences with UPS. I think they are still pissed off at me for making them carry several 100 lbs Alienware Areas 51 PCs (up and down 5 flights of narrow stairs lol). I couldn't help it that is where I lived at one point and Dell kept giving me lemons. So they had to deliver and take away the lemons.... I remember actually injuring my back carrying that thing down the stairs the very first time... The box was like humongous lol. You could fit 3 of me in that box.... Since I had to go in all kinds of weird angles to get it down those stairs and with all that weight my back was killing me for over a month after that lol :p.

Feb 14, 2013 at 1:56 AM Post #5,345 of 7,980
Quote:
You guys are lucky you don t live in China, if you have something expensive delivered during Chinese New Year, the customs sometimes "lose" the package and take it to make presents for the family...

Wow that sucks.... Surprisingly I've never really had too many bad experiences with China's mailing services. They generally are expedient in most circumstances (at least acceptable IMO). Probably the worst scenarios I've had with them is with the RMA Sflo2s sitting in customs for months due to the battery being illegal....

Feb 14, 2013 at 2:21 AM Post #5,347 of 7,980
Quote:
Yeah you have to get the battery separate. But outsideof CNY, EMS is great

I actually didn't have issues sending back 2 Studio Vs though? I mean I marked the packages as RMA mp3 player so not sure if that is why they didn't give me crap? More so the higher the value of the item listed I think the more issues you are likely to run into as well....

Feb 15, 2013 at 9:44 PM Post #5,352 of 7,980
Quote:
Anyone used nail polish on their customs?

Wondering if its safe and easily removed?

Thanks.

Be careful. Some brands even melt in your ears due to heat. 

Feb 15, 2013 at 10:12 PM Post #5,353 of 7,980
Update on the 8As. Really enjoying how they sound thus far. Fit isn't bad at all and I could probably even forgo doing adjustments. I'm still debating on that but I still intend on getting the left shell redone regardless. Otherwise I am extremely happy with this purchase and I highly recommend the 8A! :). I love how smooth and refined the treble is. It may lack in shimmer but the detail is still there in my case. You just have to listen for it (which I tend to like to do lol). Bass is very punchy and well controlled. Mids are neither very forward or distant and it actually depends on the tracks as well, so they are rather accurate in a sense or, true to the source. The gold cable I put on them has made them even more musical :).

Feb 16, 2013 at 12:25 AM Post #5,354 of 7,980
Update on the 8As. Really enjoying how they sound thus far. Fit isn't bad at all and I could probably even forgo doing adjustments. I'm still debating on that but I still intend on getting the left shell redone regardless. Otherwise I am extremely happy with this purchase and I highly recommend the 8A! :). I love how smooth and refined the treble is. It may lack in shimmer but the detail is still there in my case. You just have to listen for it (which I tend to like to do lol). Bass is very punchy and well controlled. Mids are neither very forward or distant and it actually depends on the tracks as well, so they are rather accurate in a sense or, true to the source. The gold cable I put on them has made them even more musical :).

I have to agree. At times I felt the mids in the 8.A’s were forward but then they would feel recessed. I started paying attention and it varied from song to song. In the end I came to a conclusion: The mids are right in the center and very accurately move forward or back based on the song in the same way the level of bass reflects the recording.

So yeah, the more I listen to my 8.A’s the more I love them and the more perfect I think they sound. Nothing feels lacking. Nothing feels excessive. Everything sounds textured and nuanced. Everything sounds controlled. Everything sounds alive.

The one critique I would give is the age-old one of good headphones: Bad recordings will show. I have a copy of Bohemian Rhapsody where I can hear very mild distortion in some of the vocals that I couldn’t hear on my 4.A and don’t hear on my HE-500’s. I now need a better copy.

Still have my ears out for a new AMP/DAC. But only casually. :D

Feb 16, 2013 at 12:30 AM Post #5,355 of 7,980
They even changed more in sound than I anticipated a BA actually changing. I'm probably on 40 hours now but I can definitely tell these babies benefit form break in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back