The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread
Feb 13, 2013 at 4:27 PM Post #5,327 of 7,980
Doug just get a DX100.

Also, it fascinates me that people can insert their custom monitors incorrectly. I mean, they can only fit your ears one way...

Feb 13, 2013 at 6:39 PM Post #5,328 of 7,980
Quote:
Doug just get a DX100.

Also, it fascinates me that people can insert their custom monitors incorrectly. I mean, they can only fit your ears one way...

Not necessarily anoxy. You are oversimplifying it. Could be your ear canals are more limited on how you can insert your IEMs lol. Even with my former Customs and with its ridiculously tight fit I still could put them in the wrong way where I either didn't have a good enough seal or even too tight of a seal with pressure build up. It's more complicating than you think it is. Just maybe you haven't had those experiences. But others have.

Dougo keep the Studio V 3rd ANV in mind. I should be receiving my 8As in a day or two so I can post on how well they pair together. :)

Feb 13, 2013 at 8:17 PM Post #5,329 of 7,980
Doug just get a DX100.

Not necessarily anoxy. You are oversimplifying it. Could be your ear canals are more limited on how you can insert your IEMs lol. Even with my former Customs and with its ridiculously tight fit I still could put them in the wrong way where I either didn't have a good enough seal or even too tight of a seal with pressure build up. It's more complicating than you think it is. Just maybe you haven't had those experiences. But others have.

Dougo keep the Studio V 3rd ANV in mind. I should be receiving my 8As in a day or two so I can post on how well they pair together. :)

Well, there's fits and then there's fits right. It's the difference between sitting in a comfy chair before you wiggle your way in a little more.

I'm not interested in the DX100. When I'm at work my music comes from my computer and when I'm on the go it comes from my iPhone. I have no need for nor do I want yet another portable electronic device. I'd end up only using a subset of it's features which I imagine defeats much of the purpose.

Feb 13, 2013 at 8:22 PM Post #5,330 of 7,980
I tend to think of it less like a chair, which provides a universal fit to any arse, and more like a puzzle piece. There's only one way to fit that puzzle piece in....unless you're just dumb.

Thought you were asking for a portable rig, my b.

Feb 13, 2013 at 9:15 PM Post #5,331 of 7,980
Even though they're custom IEMs moulded to fit your ears alone, your ears are pliable and the flesh around the ear canal is soft.

There are usually ways to put them in that don't fit optimally - the usual beginner's mistake of not tucking the upper forward tab of the IEM under the flap of the ear, for instance. My set of silicone-nozzle IEMs can be inserted wrong simply by forcing them in at the wrong angle, and stretching the skin around the ear canal into an uncomfortable position.

Feb 14, 2013 at 12:18 AM Post #5,334 of 7,980
Congratulations, pictures please
size]

Lee730

That sucks. Mine were shipped out on the 5th via EMS and I got my package. And no customs charges :wink:..... I asked USPS if I had to pay customs charges and they said no.

Feb 14, 2013 at 12:27 AM Post #5,335 of 7,980
Quote:
That sucks. Mine were shipped out on the 5th via EMS and I got my package. And no customs charges :wink:..... I asked USPS if I had to pay customs charges and they said no.

wow, you are very lucky then.

I had contacted UPS to ask them where my package is exactly located. They can not give me the answer, they just tell me to use the tracking number to find out where my package is. OMG, I will never use UPS service again.

Feb 14, 2013 at 12:46 AM Post #5,336 of 7,980
Quote:
Congratulations, pictures please
size]

Lee730

So far I am generally happy with them. The fit doesn't seem to be half bad. I do get a little pain depending on how I insert them but for the most part it's nothing like it was on my Custom TF10s. I wore them for a couple hours and my ears aren't in severe pain so, so far so good. The sound is quite nice. Very inoffensive and easy on the ears. Very nice bass and not boomy at all. Very well controlled. Out of the Studio V 3rd ANV I still detect hiss but for general listening it's not a big issue. But it is there, just a heads up.

However, concerning the last picture I am not happy at all in regards to the left IEM. That chip (defect) on the coconut wood looks horrible and I'm debating on getting this specific ear piece redone. Other than that though the craftsmanship on these IEMs is very nice and I give credit where credit is due. In a sense pictures cannot do it full justice.

Feb 14, 2013 at 12:56 AM Post #5,337 of 7,980
So far I am generally happy with them. The fit doesn't seem to be half bad. I do get a little pain depending on how I insert them but for the most part its nothing like it was on my Custom TF10s. I wore them for a couple hours and my ears aren't in severe pain so, so far so good. The sound is quite nice. Very inoffensive and easy on the ears. Very nice bass and not boomy at all. Very well controlled. Out of the Studio V 3rd ANV I still detect hiss but for general listening it's not a big issue. But it is there, just a heads up.

However, concerning the last picture I am not happy at all in regards to the left IEM. That defect on the coconut wood looks horrible and I'm debating on getting this specific ear piece redone. Other than that though the craftsmanship on these IEMs is very nice and I give credit where credit is due.

you probably should have redone them while they were at the Heir workplace.

Feb 14, 2013 at 1:03 AM Post #5,338 of 7,980
Quote:
you probably should have redone them while they were at the Heir workplace.

True but I was hoping it wouldn't bug me as much in person (you know the old adage the camera adds 10 lbs :p) and maybe I could live with it.. For example I noticed a red defect on the right earpiece (on the coconut wood) in the picture, but in reality that isn't on the piece from what I can see. I was also taking into consideration whether or not they would fit me well (kill two birds with one stone). Since they seem to fit decently this would at least rule that out. Although I'll honestly need more time with them to confirm this. I may just have a little bit shaved from the tips of the IEM as it cuts it close to the sensitive area in my ear canals.

Feb 14, 2013 at 1:07 AM Post #5,339 of 7,980
Sorry to hear about the defect on the woodwork. That's the first defect I've ever heard of anyone getting from Heir and I've been keeping an eye on this thread since it was first started. On a side note why does your Studio V look like you've been whooping someones arse with it lol?

Feb 14, 2013 at 1:10 AM Post #5,340 of 7,980
Quote:
Sorry to hear about the defect on the woodwork. That's the first defect I've ever heard of anyone getting from Heir and I've been keeping an eye on this thread since it was first started. On a side note why does your Studio V look like you've been whooping someones arse with it lol?

Yeah I'm a  bit bummed about that specific area. Otherwise this is a very beautiful IEM. The flaw really stands out all the more with its beauty lol :p. Remember now, lee730 tends get more than his share in terms of problems with portable electronics lol. Even with my PC (I could probably set the Guinness World Record for the most amount of RMAs on my personal PC).... I've had 3 PCs exchanged out from dell..... As well as over 20 service calls for the Tech to come to my home to repair the machine (within the 3 years I've had them so far)....
rolleyes.gif

Actually the Studio V is in really good shape. Just has some cat hair on it and I need to wipe it down :p.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back