The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread
Feb 12, 2013 at 3:28 PM Post #5,296 of 7,980
You don't have to worry about paying anything if you select prepaid US freight for the 55 bucks right?  
confused_face.gif

Feb 12, 2013 at 3:44 PM Post #5,298 of 7,980
You don't have to worry about paying anything if you select prepaid US freight for the 55 bucks right?  
confused_face.gif

For my 4.A's it was like $40. For my 8.A's it's something like $65. It's a percentage of the declared value so if you went all-out on a pair of 8.A's with all the fixings you could pay $80 or more (US). I hear the Europeans have it way worse than we do.

Feb 12, 2013 at 3:50 PM Post #5,299 of 7,980
Quote:
For my 4.A's it was like $40. For my 8.A's it's something like $65. It's a percentage of the declared value so if you went all-out on a pair of 8.A's with all the fixings you could pay $80 or more (US). I hear the Europeans have it way worse than we do.

25% of the declared value + a fee equivalent to $30 here in Denmark. Having to cover "extra" expenses is never fun, but at least you guys can consider yourself lucky you're not European when it comes to stuff like that
redface.gif

Feb 12, 2013 at 3:58 PM Post #5,301 of 7,980
Argh... ok.. well thanks for that...  I am about to get some 3as reshelled (I'll be the second owner).

I was under the impression that I would ship to the San Diego office with my impressions, already having paid the $55 prepaid thing, and then they would ship it back to me and that $55 would cover, but of course yeah, customs.  So if UPS delivers to my work, I can either prepay online like some of you guys did, or have a check and be around when they deliver it? 

So if the stated value of those are $450, I'll pay 25% of that plus a fee?  Holy cats!

Edit: Or I guess the person who said 25% might be referring to another country??

Feb 12, 2013 at 4:03 PM Post #5,302 of 7,980
Quote:
Argh... ok.. well thanks for that...  I am about to get some 3as reshelled (I'll be the second owner).

I was under the impression that I would ship to the San Diego office with my impressions, already having paid the $55 prepaid thing, and then they would ship it back to me and that $55 would cover, but of course yeah, customs.  So if UPS delivers to my work, I can either prepay online like some of you guys did, or have a check and be around when they deliver it? 

So if the stated value of those are $450, I'll pay 25% of that plus a fee?  Holy cats!

Edit: Or I guess the person who said 25% might be referring to another country??

Don't worry, 25% is EU only 
smile.gif

Feb 12, 2013 at 4:47 PM Post #5,304 of 7,980
30% + Octroi (state charges) + clearence charge - out here in India. Would have payed more then 300$ easy. :frowning2: thats why i got it shipped to HK cuz a friend was coming down around the same time, managed to save a good amount saved for the amp / dap :D

Feb 12, 2013 at 4:49 PM Post #5,305 of 7,980
Sorry for being a uber noob, but I have rarely (never) dealt with customs (the import fee... erm... well actually the iem's too), but do I have to wait to the day of delivery to try and call UPS to pay the duty?  Or can I try and take care of it as soon as it is in transit?

Thanks for your patience guys, and sorry to get off topic on this thread...

For what it's worth... the 3A's I got, the original user had slightly smaller ear holes than I, so I wiped them off real quick with some disinfectant cloth and they actually kinda fit, I had to physically push them a certain way to get a halfway decent seal, but man they sounded good.  I could def tell they had strong bass even without a perfect seal...  

My search for a perfect fitting Triple.fi -ish sound sig my have finally ended.  

Feb 12, 2013 at 4:58 PM Post #5,308 of 7,980
Quote:
Ups is very efficient. Usually u pay when you receive the package.

That's the only thing I am worried about... I may be working at a client site or unavailable at the specific time of delivery, so I hope I can prepay etc... so they can just drop it off, and our Office Admin can put it at my workstation etc...

1st world problems I know... I shouldn't complain... Hopefully I can figure out a way.

Thanks again

Feb 12, 2013 at 9:20 PM Post #5,309 of 7,980
Quote:

When we send back your CIEMs, we only state what you paid us, we do not state what their replacement value is.  So if you paid Heir Audio $70 for ownership transfer service....  then you are taxed based on $70.

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back