The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread
Oct 25, 2012 at 6:49 AM Post #2,807 of 7,980
Quote:
Actually that isnt a flap at all... I was wishing it was a flap.

Well that should pretty much rule out the flap issue then.. If you use your fingers to hold them in, do you get a better seal and better sound?

Oct 25, 2012 at 9:39 AM Post #2,808 of 7,980
Quote:

Communicate with HA. They'll me it right.

Nice! What's the wood(s)?

The main wood is supposed to be the Asian Satin wood.  The grain structure seems quite different from the sample on the order page but having seen so many other Heir wood face plates, that seems to be common.  No two pieces of wood look a like.  I'm not sure what type of wood the logo is because the Wizard said to let them choose.  Due to the difference in grain size they look different than I envisioned  but I think they turned out great.   Can't wait to hear them!

Oct 25, 2012 at 11:13 AM Post #2,809 of 7,980
My problem was quickly resolved (and my fault, the pics were darker than I expected)

Oct 25, 2012 at 12:23 PM Post #2,811 of 7,980
Demonstration Available in UK at:

Home Media
Union Street
Maidstone
Kent

The Heir 3.Ai & 4.Ai are now available for demonstration at the above Hi-Fi Dealer

Equipment available to demo the Heir IEM's include:-

Headphone Amps: Musical Fidelity, Rega, Grado

Dacs: Leema, Musical Fidelity, Rega

There's various sources available but it may be best to take your own (Walkman, iPod etc).

I should be able to give you another venue in London but will await Home-Media's confirmation of this.

Oct 25, 2012 at 12:36 PM Post #2,812 of 7,980
Quote:
Well that should pretty much rule out the flap issue then.. If you use your fingers to hold them in, do you get a better seal and better sound?

Its perfect if i push it in a little, i think that a tighter fit would solve the problems im facing.

Oct 25, 2012 at 1:08 PM Post #2,813 of 7,980
Quote:
Its perfect if i push it in a little, i think that a tighter fit would solve the problems im facing.

It is really important to make sure that the CIEM is "hooked" behind said flap. However, it appears to me that you have your customs inserted correctly.

What was the wait period between you having your impressions taken and us receiving your impressions? Did you send us old impressions? I ask because the material used during the ear mold impressions process does shrink over extended periods of time (more than 1-2 months) and this could have resulted in a less than full fit.

Also, did you lose any considerable amount of weight after you had your impressions taken? Weight loss can increase the volume of the inner ear.

If the impressions you sent us were fresh and you did not lose weight, then we can discuss adding some additional layers of lacquer to your CIEMs.
 ​

Oct 25, 2012 at 1:32 PM Post #2,814 of 7,980
It is really important to make sure that the CIEM is "hooked" behind said flap. However, it appears to me that you have your customs inserted correctly.

What was the wait period between you having your impressions taken and us receiving your impressions? Did you send us old impressions? I ask because the material used during the ear mold impressions process does shrink over extended periods of time (more than 1-2 months) and this could have resulted in a less than full fit.

Also, did you lose any considerable amount of weight after you had your impressions taken? Weight loss can increase the volume of the inner ear.

If the impressions you sent us were fresh and you did not lose weight, then we can discuss adding some additional layers of lacquer to your CIEMs.
 ​

I would certainly be glad if you could add extra layers of laquer for me. Pls advice. Thanks!

Oct 25, 2012 at 9:10 PM Post #2,816 of 7,980
Quote:
I would certainly be glad if you could add extra layers of laquer for me. Pls advice. Thanks!

Please PM me or FullCircle.

Adding extra layers of acrylic without knowing where the deficiencies are could result in another poor fit, possibly with pain involved.

You are correct. However, you cannot lacquer finite parts of CIEMs and not others, there is no way to control this. Even if you could, it would also be difficult to pin point where exactly the CIEM would need more lacquer. You either lacquer the CIEM or you don't.

​

Oct 25, 2012 at 9:36 PM Post #2,818 of 7,980
Quote:
any plans for heir audio to release a mic cable?

Not in the immediate future. Compatibility issues are the primary reason for this. Other companies do offer them, but they have to disclose which functions work with which type or class of products. We would do it if we could guarantee that our product would work with all/most products. Not to mention, these cables tend not to be very durable.
 ​

Oct 25, 2012 at 11:38 PM Post #2,819 of 7,980
With several people having fit issues, I just have to point out that it might be a case where nobody is really "at fault" specifically. With the dozen or more CIEMs I've got (probably more by now, I've lost count) I tend to get a great fit when I do my own impressions. I have it down to a science. But you know what? Sometimes it just doesn't work perfectly for whatever reason. Or one side will feel a little off at first, then get better the longer I use them. Or sometimes they will even get worse and then better from day to day! It's strange, but especially my left ear sometimes just doesn't cooperate.

So it could be the audiologists fault, or the impressions could have been somehow damaged or shrunk, or Heir could have made them a little smaller than they should have.... Or it could simply be none of those. It is hard to know, and really the most fruitful thing is to just try again until it is solved.

Oct 25, 2012 at 11:57 PM Post #2,820 of 7,980
Quote:
With several people having fit issues, I just have to point out that it might be a case where nobody is really "at fault" specifically. With the dozen or more CIEMs I've got (probably more by now, I've lost count) I tend to get a great fit when I do my own impressions. I have it down to a science. But you know what? Sometimes it just doesn't work perfectly for whatever reason. Or one side will feel a little off at first, then get better the longer I use them. Or sometimes they will even get worse and then better from day to day! It's strange, but especially my left ear sometimes just doesn't cooperate.
So it could be the audiologists fault, or the impressions could have been somehow damaged or shrunk, or Heir could have made them a little smaller than they should have.... Or it could simply be none of those. It is hard to know, and really the most fruitful thing is to just try again until it is solved.

Do you have a guess as to what percentage of CIEM's have fit issues?  As I am sitting here reading this thread and waiting my recently completed set, I am having anxieties about finally getting them and them not fitting properly.  It is hard for me to tell if fit issues are really common or if people that have them are just much more likely to post about them!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back