The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread
Oct 29, 2012 at 4:40 AM Post #2,836 of 7,980
Just received my 4As approx 4 hours ago.

Been reading about how the fit should 'cause a vacuum' and one should feel a 'pop' when one opens his jaws too fast.

Is the above valid? Because I don't think I'm getting any pops
tongue.gif

I'll save my short review till I get an answer on the above, i got nice things to say
biggrin.gif

Oct 29, 2012 at 4:51 AM Post #2,837 of 7,980
Quote:
Just received my 4As approx 4 hours ago.

Been reading about how the fit should 'cause a vacuum' and one should feel a 'pop' when one opens his jaws too fast.

Is the above valid? Because I don't think I'm getting any pops
tongue.gif

I'll save my short review till I get an answer on the above, i got nice things to say
biggrin.gif

I don't get any vacuum or pops with my 8.A either... And they match the bass of the FS Atrio and ATH Pro700 mk II, so I guess my seal is good 
biggrin.gif

Oct 29, 2012 at 5:09 AM Post #2,838 of 7,980
Quote:
I don't get any vacuum or pops with my 8.A either... And they match the bass of the FS Atrio and ATH Pro700 mk II, so I guess my seal is good 
biggrin.gif

Mine feel comfy and snugly tugged in my ears
biggrin.gif

My 4As arrived with the cable already plugged into the monitors, saved me the hassle
biggrin.gif

Sadly,I haven't paid much attention sound wise, been working my arse off the entire day. But so far from the 'easy listening', I like what I've been hearing.

Oct 29, 2012 at 4:45 PM Post #2,839 of 7,980
So for anyone in the US that has a received their Heir customs, how long did it take for the shipping from China. I got my "their done email" last Wednesday night and I'm hoping they arrive by Friday so I have them for my plane ride on Saturday.  I haven't received a tracking number yet, which is making me a little worried.

Oct 29, 2012 at 5:23 PM Post #2,840 of 7,980
Heir is really good about communicating the process of your order.  When it's shipped, they should email you the tracking number.  Once you get that, it may take 3 to 5 business days to reach you.  My last order arrived within 5 business days in Los Angeles, which was really quick.  Hope this helps!

Oct 30, 2012 at 4:21 AM Post #2,841 of 7,980
Sorry to post again in this thread, but I just wanted to remind everyone that Heir Audio will be at our San Diego Head-Fi meet THIS Saturday, 11/3.

A great chance to demo both the 3.Ai and 4.Ai's. You can also get free Heir ear impressions done.

See my previous post for info:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/584763/heir-audio-the-appreciation-thread/2070#post_8685881

Here's the link to the meet thread:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/624972/san-diego-head-fi-meet-saturday-november-3rd-2012

I hope to see some of you there. Should be a fun time!

Oct 30, 2012 at 9:40 AM Post #2,842 of 7,980
Quote:

Not in the immediate future. Compatibility issues are the primary reason for this. Other companies do offer them, but they have to disclose which functions work with which type or class of products. We would do it if we could guarantee that our product would work with all/most products. Not to mention, these cables tend not to be very durable.
 ​

Frankly I would love to see a mic cable even if it isn't the most robust/audiophile solution out there... In the end, I am going to take some cheap headphones with a cable and mount Westone type connectors to them to get this functionality.

Oct 30, 2012 at 2:27 PM Post #2,843 of 7,980
Quote:
Heir is really good about communicating the process of your order.  When it's shipped, they should email you the tracking number.  Once you get that, it may take 3 to 5 business days to reach you.  My last order arrived within 5 business days in Los Angeles, which was really quick.  Hope this helps!

I sent an email confirming my CIEM's on Oct. 24th but so far I haven't seen any emails from them about shipping information.  I sent an email to Sunny, earlier today to get an update.  I really hope that they sent them out last week when I sent my conformation because I really want them for my flight on Saturday.

Oct 30, 2012 at 11:58 PM Post #2,847 of 7,980
For those of you who purchased and have already received your Heir Audio 4.A, or have received an email that confirms they've been completed, how long has it taken for most of you to have the build process completed from the time your impressions arrived in China? I know that the site lists 3-5 weeks as common build times, but I was wondering if it was on the shorter/longer end of that range with respect to the 4.A, specifically.

It is now the end of Day 16 since my impressions arrived in China. I'm hoping I'm close to the halfway point, or maybe a little beyond it, concerning build time. And then I look forward to what I hope will be some fast shipping back home.

Oct 31, 2012 at 12:07 AM Post #2,848 of 7,980
Quote:
For those of you who purchased and have already received your Heir Audio 4.A, or have received an email that confirms they've been completed, how long has it taken for most of you to have the build process completed from the time your impressions arrived in China? I know that the site lists 3-5 weeks as common build times, but I was wondering if it was on the shorter/longer end of that range with respect to the 4.A, specifically.

It is now the end of Day 16 since my impressions arrived in China. I'm hoping I'm close to the halfway point, or maybe a little beyond it, concerning build time. And then I look forward to what I hope will be some fast shipping back home.

Day 16? Haha. Happy waiting.

40 days before my 4A reached me
deadhorse.gif

Oct 31, 2012 at 12:42 AM Post #2,849 of 7,980
Yesterday morning I woke up thinking "I'm sure I'll hear from Heir this week re: proofs."  Checked e-mail and sure enough, there's my message from Sunny with proof shots of my 4.A's.  Original photo was a little murky so I corrected with Photoshop (hey, I'm a picky photographer - what can I say).  Here they are.  Loved the Amboyna when I first saw them on the 4.Ai and 3.Ai and most of the sample pics that caught my eye tended to be that wood.  Added the inlay to differentiate from the universals - if anyone can comment on the wood type I'm all ears.  Shells are Dark Smoke (although difficult to tell from the photos but Sunny confirmed for me).

Eagerly awaiting their arrival along with Magnus upgrade.  Just have to quell my nerves in the interim re: the Customs/duty/import hit and whether or not the fit is right.  Tick tock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back