The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread
Oct 24, 2012 at 12:14 PM Post #2,791 of 7,980
Quote:
Hi Sinocelt,

yes I did.  I followed their instructions explicitly and the audiologist who took my impressions also told me to use the bite block and explained their purpose.  So unless my impressions became squished during transit (possible i suppose) then perhaps the lab technicians may have taken off too much material?  I don't know.

But, honestly, after I applied my own wax fix solution it sounds a trillion times better.  I'm listening to Ottmar Liebert's Binaural album "Up Close" and I can't get to sleep.  It's that good.  And it's 3am now
ksc75smile.gif

the purpose of the biteblock is to 'open up' the ear canal a little, but that is not the case for everyone. Some people's middle ears shrink down a bit so it is actually the other way round ie. taking the impression with your mouth close. The SLA solves this problem but it costs tons of money though.

Oct 24, 2012 at 12:18 PM Post #2,792 of 7,980
Quote:
Hi Sinocelt,

yes I did.  I followed their instructions explicitly and the audiologist who took my impressions also told me to use the bite block and explained their purpose.  So unless my impressions became squished during transit (possible i suppose) then perhaps the lab technicians may have taken off too much material?  I don't know.

But, honestly, after I applied my own wax fix solution it sounds a trillion times better.  I'm listening to Ottmar Liebert's Binaural album "Up Close" and I can't get to sleep.  It's that good.  And it's 3am now
ksc75smile.gif

Yeah, but it's a shame you had to apply a fix, since you did everything right. Ear impressions can get squished during transit, of course, but I doubt they would have been selectively squished.

Oct 24, 2012 at 12:26 PM Post #2,793 of 7,980
Yes well to say its a little disappointing would be understating the matter.  Paid for express postage of the impressions as well as the faster processing turn-around time to get these CIEM's to my door in 2.5 weeks...and yes, I did follow their instructions and if it's true that some people's ear canals close up a bit with the bite block..then i'm left a little speechless here :)

I guess since nothing's been pointed out about poor fitting issues with my posted images, it can be concluded that they're inserted correctly and all.  I even tried inserting the left ear CIEM in deeper, as well as rotations back and forth but all to no avail really.  :frowning2:  I feel like such a sad panda

Oct 24, 2012 at 10:40 PM Post #2,794 of 7,980
So I was out for a walk to get a little exercise and took out my phone to check the time and there was a new message from Sunny.  My 4.A's are finished!!!!!!  Hopefully I will have them by the time I go on vacation in a week and half.

Have a looks see:

Oct 25, 2012 at 12:50 AM Post #2,796 of 7,980
Quote:
Yes well to say its a little disappointing would be understating the matter.  Paid for express postage of the impressions as well as the faster processing turn-around time to get these CIEM's to my door in 2.5 weeks...and yes, I did follow their instructions and if it's true that some people's ear canals close up a bit with the bite block..then i'm left a little speechless here :)

I guess since nothing's been pointed out about poor fitting issues with my posted images, it can be concluded that they're inserted correctly and all.  I even tried inserting the left ear CIEM in deeper, as well as rotations back and forth but all to no avail really.  :frowning2:  I feel like such a sad panda

Communicate with HA. They'll make it right.

So I was out for a walk to get a little exercise and took out my phone to check the time and there was a new message from Sunny.  My 4.A's are finished!!!!!!  Hopefully I will have them by the time I go on vacation in a week and half.

Nice! What's the wood(s)?

Oct 25, 2012 at 1:25 AM Post #2,798 of 7,980
Quote:

What is interesting to me is that this fit issue is isolated to the mid-canal area judging by the photos you took of your improvised wax solution. If the rest of the CIEM fits properly, then surely the impressions were not squished in transit as it would be highly improbable that your impressions would be squished in such an isolated area. With this in mind, this fit issue is most likely caused with the way the impressions were taken or perhaps even removed out of the ear (perhaps they were not sufficiently solidified and the canal as it was coming out of the ear was altered in shape).

The first course of action would be to make sure that you have the CIEMs inserted properly. This may sound silly, but this fixes a lot problems, and judging by your photos I can not say for sure that they are inserted properly. If you are positive that your CIEMs are inserted properly, then the next step would be to PM myself or FullCircle so we can discuss some potential courses of action off the thread.

Best,

Brannan
 ​

Oct 25, 2012 at 3:47 AM Post #2,801 of 7,980
Just got my CIEM and was really excited. I must say the build quality is excellent and soundwise to my liking and expectations, however after i put them on and noticed that the seal isnt that good. It didnt isolate very well and bass is lacking. I might have a fitting issue. What do u guys think?
Ps: It helps when i push down gently on the top of my ear.

Oct 25, 2012 at 4:15 AM Post #2,803 of 7,980
Quote:

looks like that flap there is in the way? no?

I see that happening to just about everybody who gets their first customs, myself included. Can't really tell from the picture if that is the issue at hand here, tho... How's the comfort?

Oct 25, 2012 at 4:51 AM Post #2,804 of 7,980
Thanks for your opinion. Nope there is no way to get it under that "flap" and the monitors are all the way in.
frown.gif
tried pushing around. Sometimes its better sometimes worse. Its very comfortable atm but would probably like it to be a little tighter to get a better seal imo.
Do you guys get better isolation if u push it a little downwards? Dont know if its meant to be like this or..

Oct 25, 2012 at 5:03 AM Post #2,805 of 7,980
Quote:
Thanks for your opinion. Nope there is no way to get it under that "flap" and the monitors are all the way in.
frown.gif
tried pushing around. Sometimes its better sometimes worse. Its very comfortable atm but would probably like it to be a little tighter to get a better seal imo.
Do you guys get better isolation if u push it a little downwards? Dont know if its meant to be like this or..

it was hard for me the first time too. what i did is push the flap forward using fingers and push the iem in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back