The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread
Oct 23, 2012 at 10:56 PM Post #2,776 of 7,980
OMG! Sunny from Heir just emailed me the final confirmation for my 4A.

From the pics, Wizard has once again produced a masterpiece. Buckeye burl came up absolutely-stunningly beautiful!

I actually stopped breathing for 5s when I saw them!

Omg omg! Can't wait to receive them now!!!!!!!!!! OMG LOVE HEIR AUDIO!~~

Oct 23, 2012 at 11:19 PM Post #2,777 of 7,980
I suspect Wizard used a magical batch of buckeye burl
cool.gif

Oct 23, 2012 at 11:24 PM Post #2,778 of 7,980
Quote:
OMG! Sunny from Heir just emailed me the final confirmation for my 4A.

From the pics, Wizard has once again produced a masterpiece. Buckeye burl came up absolutely-stunningly beautiful!

I actually stopped breathing for 5s when I saw them!

Omg omg! Can't wait to receive them now!!!!!!!!!! OMG LOVE HEIR AUDIO!~~

Post the pic or it didn't happen. :p

Oct 24, 2012 at 12:14 AM Post #2,781 of 7,980
Wow that is insane!

Oct 24, 2012 at 1:19 AM Post #2,784 of 7,980
Really beautiful
evil_smiley.gif

Now just gotta wait for them to arrive and I can finally turn off the world and be touched by Chopin
L3000.gif

Hope there won't be any fit issues, my last remold tf10 from n00b audio totally scarred me
frown.gif

Oct 24, 2012 at 11:06 AM Post #2,787 of 7,980
Hi everyone,
Long-time lurker and first time poster so a warm hello to you all.

I'm experiencing a problem with my new pair of Heir Audio 8a's.

I received them a week ago and am unsure of the quality of their seal.  This is my first foray into CIEM's and i had high hopes for them.  They still sound great but I get the same problem as described by 23t23dS in post #2695 of this thread - ie opening and closing my jaws causes a popping sound to be released in the right ear, and the left ear to a lesser degree and afterwards I'm hearing an airleak. 

I've read through all of this thread (in my initial enthusiasm whilst waiting for the CIEM's) and see some people referring to the high isolation you get from these IEM's and quoting that they're unable to hear ambient noises.  I emailed customer service at Heir Audio but they've as yet not replied, so I was hoping to get some help from you friendly folk :)  They must be quite busy with their work and it's only been 2 days, but I thought i'd check in with everyone anyhow.  Please let me know what you think of these pictures and how they fit in my ears.

Thanks

Oct 24, 2012 at 11:13 AM Post #2,788 of 7,980
Oh by the way,

Those pictures of my ears I posted was only achievable AFTER i applied my own solution to the air-leak issue.  This image will show what I did to the CIEM's - I just applied a little wax to the tubes and it's fixed the issue.  Still I am interested in hearing other people's opinions on the matter since i've not heard back from Heir Audio reps yet :)

NOTE:  This is not a permanent fix of course, i was just testing to see how any extra width on the tubes would affect my seal problem.  The wax is very easily removed so i've done nothing to damage them :)

Oct 24, 2012 at 11:54 AM Post #2,790 of 7,980
Hi Sinocelt,

yes I did.  I followed their instructions explicitly and the audiologist who took my impressions also told me to use the bite block and explained their purpose.  So unless my impressions became squished during transit (possible i suppose) then perhaps the lab technicians may have taken off too much material?  I don't know.

But, honestly, after I applied my own wax fix solution it sounds a trillion times better.  I'm listening to Ottmar Liebert's Binaural album "Up Close" and I can't get to sleep.  It's that good.  And it's 3am now
ksc75smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back