The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread
Sep 28, 2012 at 1:05 AM Post #2,446 of 7,980
As a preventive measure I just wrap one earpiece on one side of cleaning cloth and other on another to prevent any kind of abrasion or wearing away. They fit without any movement and maintains the portability too.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Carrying-Hard-Case-Storage-Bag-hold-Collection-Box-Fit-For-Earphone-Headphone-/251059186098?pt=Other_MP3_Player_Accessories&hash=item3a744b29b2

Sep 28, 2012 at 1:06 AM Post #2,447 of 7,980
******* my 8.a's are melting my face off 
L3000.gif
 Admittedly, this is the first nice CIEM, or headphone for that matter that I have heard.  

You rule, john. And sunny. And nancy. And brannan. Major props to everyone at Heir audio who keep the wheels spinning.

While participating on head-fi brings most people to expand their collection, I can't imagine that I will be purchasing another pair of headphones for quite some time. 

Well done.

Sep 28, 2012 at 1:52 AM Post #2,448 of 7,980
Quote:
As a preventive measure I just wrap one earpiece on one side of cleaning cloth and other on another to prevent any kind of abrasion or wearing away. They fit without any movement and maintains the portability too.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Carrying-Hard-Case-Storage-Bag-hold-Collection-Box-Fit-For-Earphone-Headphone-/251059186098?pt=Other_MP3_Player_Accessories&hash=item3a744b29b2

I'm interested, but $15 for shipping from China to Taiwan?? 
mad.gif

Sep 28, 2012 at 3:08 AM Post #2,449 of 7,980
Quote:
Very bold words...possibly. The one thing that I will say without hesitation is that I currently no longer listen to other phones or even feel the need to read about them. Thus head-Fi has become somewhat boring.

Agreed. Yes, the SR-009 sounds insanely good and the HE-500 is very nice as well - but none of them would fit my needs. 95% of my listening is at the office where open (not to mention heavy) cans are not an option. For gaming I use my HD650's, the ones I posted earlier. Huge overkill, but they sound good and the comfort can't be beat. I use my 8.A with the DX100 and found that even the mighty Alo RX mk IIIb didn't bring anything to the table (sounding different, but not better) so there's really not much to upgrade for me. Now I just hang around the Heir & DX100 threads to answer questions and enjoy the discussions. And as for travel cases, I use a Peli 1060 with foam:

Sure it's big, but at least I know that if I'm attacked by sharks while diving to work, my gear will be safe.

Sep 28, 2012 at 5:03 AM Post #2,450 of 7,980
Quote:
I use my 8.A with the DX100 and found that even the mighty Alo RX mk IIIb didn't bring anything to the table (sounding different, but not better) so there's really not much to upgrade for me. And as for travel cases, I use a Peli 1060 with foam:

Sure it's big, but at least I know that if I'm attacked by sharks while diving to work, my gear will be safe.

Hmm, I just wanna be like you when I grow up some day :)

Sep 28, 2012 at 5:37 AM Post #2,453 of 7,980
Quote:
Agreed. Yes, the SR-009 sounds insanely good and the HE-500 is very nice as well - but none of them would fit my needs. 95% of my listening is at the office where open (not to mention heavy) cans are not an option. For gaming I use my HD650's, the ones I posted earlier. Huge overkill, but they sound good and the comfort can't be beat. I use my 8.A with the DX100 and found that even the mighty Alo RX mk IIIb didn't bring anything to the table (sounding different, but not better) so there's really not much to upgrade for me. Now I just hang around the Heir & DX100 threads to answer questions and enjoy the discussions. And as for travel cases, I use a Peli 1060 with foam:

You could use a smaller case if you used this instead of the DX100:
http://tera-player.com/

I am really curious about the Tera player. I wonder how it would sound with some 8.A's...

Any Heir owners have one?
(I don't want to de-rail this thread or start any unwanted controversy though. I know the Tera player is controversial.)

Sep 28, 2012 at 6:14 AM Post #2,455 of 7,980
Quote:
I use that one. It's a tight fit, though, so I've got to place my (big) CIEM just right, which is something of a bother and takes more than a few seconds. On the plus side, after that, with their cable, my CIEM won't move (i.e. bang against each other) inside this tiny box.

I'll be buying that for either my 4.Ai/3.Ai when out & about... I was going to buy a DX100 (too buggy for my limited IT experiance),  so I bought a nice leather case in preparation... to save buying a new case I am having a minor adaption done to the leather-case so I can then put both my WM-Z & the protective case inside without any closing problems (just need a lil bit cut out for the straight headphone connector.

leather carry bags with belt loops:-
http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/Clothes-Shoes-Accessories-/11450/i.html?_ipg=&_sac=1&_from=&_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ssn=tau_cety

Sep 28, 2012 at 6:52 AM Post #2,458 of 7,980
Quote:
You could use a smaller case if you used this instead of the DX100:
http://tera-player.com/

I could also use a lot less flac files, playlists, searching, lyrics sheets, network streaming, optical outputs etc... 
wink.gif

But yeah, I'd love to hear the Tera Player, I'm just not curious enough to blow the cash on one. (Said the man with the 2nd batch DX100 feeding his 8.A)

Speaking of high quality players, a small Danish audio shop just had a clearout sale and dumped the price on a brand new Colorfly C4 to $430 and posted it on our local forum. It was gone within 15 minutes - bought by a guy who got his RE-262 for $40 in a similar way. Lucky bast@rd...

Sep 28, 2012 at 7:14 AM Post #2,460 of 7,980
Quote:
For the 4.Ai the UE case is a great fit, and since the 3.Ai has the same form it should fit too.  Not sure about Heir CIEMs though, can be much larger and may not work.

From my experience, the UE case fits CIEMs (in general) with TWag V2 and oyaide plugs perfectly, so they shouldn't have any problems with Heir customs too :) love that case.

Anyhow, are any fortunate folk lucky enough to own both the 4.A and 8.A able to shed light on whether it's worth buying BOTH? I'm grabbing myself an 8.A over the weekend and can't decide on whether to get the 4.A as well (with free wood!
eek.gif
) - 4.A/4.Ai owners, anyone able to shed light on how they compare to top-tier neutral customs? So far there only seem to be quite a few comparisons to similarly-priced universals...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back