The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread
Sep 26, 2012 at 7:27 PM Post #2,416 of 7,980
Quote:

You've seen quite a few people wearing Heir IEMs?

nope 
the post above mine asked about what cases people use for iems

back to the heirs, im checking every heir thread on head fi to see when they release the ai series with another faceplate, as wood isnt quite my taste
which probably wont be another year but might as well get hyped about them!

Sep 26, 2012 at 10:34 PM Post #2,417 of 7,980
Quote:
For those of you that didn't go the expedited route, how long did the production process take.  In other words, I got an email last week that they had received my impressions and would be starting production, so how much longer should I be expecting before I get the happy email with a picture of my new 4.A's.  I am a patient person but I like to know how long a wait should be so I can keep my expectations realistic.

Mine was shipped yesterday which is about four weeks

Sep 26, 2012 at 11:33 PM Post #2,418 of 7,980
Quote:
nope 

back to the heirs, im checking every heir thread on head fi to see when they release the ai series with another faceplate, as wood isnt quite my taste

Give it time.
Eventually you see one pair with wood that you really like, then you decide you like how it looks.
Then you get wood.

Take that as you will.

Sep 26, 2012 at 11:51 PM Post #2,419 of 7,980
Just got my impressions done by my local audiologist today and sent them in UPS First Class mail to San Diego. And now the wait begins.

Sep 27, 2012 at 2:42 AM Post #2,421 of 7,980
Quote:
Well in an attempt to get this thread back on track.....I have been listening to the 8a's for a couple of days now and they sound absolutely fantastic.

As I've said before: The 8.A made me stop looking at other headphones. Head-fi'ers know that's a pretty big deal 
wink.gif

Sep 27, 2012 at 2:49 AM Post #2,422 of 7,980
Quote:
As I've said before: The 8.A made me stop looking at other headphones. Head-fi'ers know that's a pretty big deal 
wink.gif

The only reason I bought another pair of headphones after my 4.A's was because I wanted something I could wear more easily at home. CIEMs take a bit more effort to put in and take out than just sliding off and on. That and I don't need isolation when I'm in my apartment.

Sep 27, 2012 at 3:18 AM Post #2,423 of 7,980
I swapped the plug on my Magnus cable btw - from Neutrik to Switchcraft:

Yep, huge plug but built like a tank*. I prefer the way they fit flush against the connector opposed to the conical shape of the Neutrik plugs.

*Seriously, the Switchcraft plugs feel more like spare parts for the M1 Abrams than audio gear.

Sep 27, 2012 at 4:30 AM Post #2,424 of 7,980
Right-angle Oyaides sit fairly flush, too, and are also pretty robust. 

Sep 27, 2012 at 4:52 AM Post #2,425 of 7,980
Quote:
Right-angle Oyaides sit fairly flush, too, and are also pretty robust. 

Yeah - I wish I could find a pic comparing the size of the Oyaides with Switchcraft. Like I said - I like Switchcraft but they are massive:

Sep 27, 2012 at 9:33 AM Post #2,427 of 7,980
Quote:
nope 

I'd like to see them with the wood, but with black instead of purple acrylic.  Maybe a slightly translucent black.  The glittery purple really turns me off.  I was excited when I saw the first couple pics.  They looked black.  But now that I've seen pics showing them looking much more purple, I'm not so crazy about the look.

Sep 27, 2012 at 9:34 AM Post #2,428 of 7,980
Quote:

We just started registering the mail with USPS so now there is proper tracking, it will be interesting to see if this changes things going forward. Your situation is unique however, as every other person in Canada who we shipped IEMs to in and around the time we shipped yours has had them for at least two weeks now.

​

Well it appears the mystery has been solved. Much to my dismay I checked the tracking which said it had been scanned this morning at a sort facility in San Diego where it was originally shipped from. That made me wonder if there was a problem with the address so I went back and looked at a pdf of my order that Heir had sent me just after I ordered. DOH!!! I must have entered my address wrong when I placed the order because on the pdf form my street number reads 192 instead of 196. I even gave the form a once over when I got it and didn't catch the mistake.

This is a good case for proper tracking, I would have clued in a lot earlier had there been tracking within Canada but at least that's solved now.

Sep 27, 2012 at 11:26 AM Post #2,429 of 7,980
I swapped the plug on my Magnus cable btw - from Neutrik to Switchcraft:

Yep, huge plug but built like a tank*. I prefer the way they fit flush against the connector opposed to the conical shape of the Neutrik plugs.

*Seriously, the Switchcraft plugs feel more like spare parts for the M1 Abrams than audio gear.

I was considering using a different connector as well. Is any special solder necessary for the silver?

Sep 27, 2012 at 1:54 PM Post #2,430 of 7,980
I was considering using a different connector as well. Is any special solder necessary for the silver?

I sure hope not! :D

I used my regular stuff, just make sure the galvanic connection is made between wire and plug so the solder only serves to keep it in place and you should be fine. Just like working with regular copper cables :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back