The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread
Sep 26, 2012 at 4:55 AM Post #2,401 of 7,980
Quote:
But yeah, being in Canada sucks (unless you are in AB) for duty, but not quite as bad as the EU...

I just noticed this comment, because of NAFTA very rarely is duty charged on items coming across the border from the US, with all the things I've bought on Head-Fi I think I may have paid duty once or twice but that would be on items coming from other than the US like China. Alberta may not have to pay any provincial sales tax but they should still have to pay all other charges like GST and brokerage. Prince Edward Island is like this, at least until the new year when HST goes into effect, for whatever reason PST is not applied to packages from outside of Canada so until HST goes into effect here next year we only pay 5% GST and whatever brokerage and, in rare cases, duty that are applied. It's going to hurt having to pay an extra 9%.

Sep 26, 2012 at 8:29 AM Post #2,403 of 7,980
Quote:
I was perhaps wrong calling it duty rather than just customs or tax. I have probably been charged 40-50 times ordering things or receiving gifts from relatives in the US.

It's a rare shipment from the US that I don't pay tax and brokerage fees on.

Sep 26, 2012 at 1:34 PM Post #2,405 of 7,980
Quote:
13 years ago I sent my fiance in Montreal a $10 laser pen with the various tips that said I love you and other things. I valued it $50 for insurance purposes. She had to pay $25 to pick it up.

What happened next ?

Sep 26, 2012 at 1:54 PM Post #2,407 of 7,980
Quote:
Still married but this thread is so derailed.

True that... 
biggrin.gif

Sep 26, 2012 at 2:47 PM Post #2,410 of 7,980
Quote:
I am beyond excited... especially since my new developer job allows for wearing headphones while working. 

For now, the iPhone 5 and Macbook Pro will have to do. 

What DACs are y'all using with your Heir?

Using HeadStreamer II out of my laptop (foobar2000) into a Class A CMOY amp.

On the portable side, I have a Rocoo BA and Studio (in for repair) and a Galaxy S II (Neutron and PowerAmp).

Sep 26, 2012 at 6:21 PM Post #2,413 of 7,980
For those of you that didn't go the expedited route, how long did the production process take.  In other words, I got an email last week that they had received my impressions and would be starting production, so how much longer should I be expecting before I get the happy email with a picture of my new 4.A's.  I am a patient person but I like to know how long a wait should be so I can keep my expectations realistic.

Sep 26, 2012 at 7:07 PM Post #2,414 of 7,980
Quote:
For those of you that didn't go the expedited route, how long did the production process take.  In other words, I got an email last week that they had received my impressions and would be starting production, so how much longer should I be expecting before I get the happy email with a picture of my new 4.A's.  I am a patient person but I like to know how long a wait should be so I can keep my expectations realistic.

I think we should put this at the beginning of the thread as this seems to be asked at least once a page at this point. Customs take anywhere from 3 to 6 weeks to make, depending on how busy the manufacturer is. Mine took about four but they've gotten busier since then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back