The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread
Sep 25, 2012 at 2:16 PM Post #2,371 of 7,980
Quote:
Wallets and Wives: Always Complaining.

I was debating for a while what to do about a home headphone and I ended up settling on the HE-500 with a Schiit Lyr and Bifrost. But that's quite a bit of money when all added up (plus a few cables to connect it all, a new headphone cable, etc.) and I was a bit hesitant to make the jump. The person who convinced me was my girlfriend, who is not an audiophile in any way.

Thinkin' she's a keeper, haha.

Sep 25, 2012 at 3:27 PM Post #2,372 of 7,980
Quote:
The person who convinced me was my girlfriend, who is not an audiophile in any way.

Thinkin' she's a keeper, haha.

That's when you discover that a girlfriend and a wife aren't quite the same person. 
wink.gif

Sep 25, 2012 at 5:31 PM Post #2,376 of 7,980
Quote:
Did you get hit with import tax? Thanks.

Yes... it's roughly 12% in total.

Quote:
How comes you've got only one Z? I remember you buying half a dozen! 
biggrin.gif

Anyway, ordered a 4Ai today. Wizard said he might be able to post it by Friday. keeping my fingers crossed.

nice one... I've bought five WM-Z's (1xZ1060 & 4xZ1070), I sold two, the first Z1070 cause I couldn't figure how to get artwork onto it (1060 & 1070), sent one back that I sorta bricked (my fault, got refunded so bought another), the second-hand one I bought on eBay got sent back because it wasn't in the excellent condition it was stated/advertised in (scratched)... and yes I'm in the market for another though I may hang till the 64gb WM-F is released in Japan

Sep 25, 2012 at 5:53 PM Post #2,379 of 7,980
you get a handling charge & tax... I had two items arrive from abroard via UPS today and paid yesterday (diff countries but paid job-lot)... it takes 3-days to get to UK, one day for customs & clearance (you can pay online or phone after customs) fifth day they get delivered... keep an eye on the 'tracking' and you won't get any delays (think you can pre-pay UPS before the IEM's are sent but that's extra hassle)

Sep 25, 2012 at 6:18 PM Post #2,380 of 7,980
I think the Customs-Charge question should be put into perspective with us living in UK (& Europe)... if you were buying the likes of Grado you'd be paying twice the price of same headphones in the USA, you can save money by buying them from USA, around 30% of UK retail (includes customs charges), goes for all other US headphone brands... same with Sennheiser, in UK (though a European company) we pay 20% more than USA which is baffling (not worth importing).

my view... it's worth the extra, if they were on sale in UK you'd pay more than the 'customs' by buying direct from Heir... you'd be hit for dealer charges (after import-taxes) and you can safely say that would be around 40% (overheads, profit etc)... buying direct from Heir Audio has big benefits when you work it all out.

Sep 25, 2012 at 9:16 PM Post #2,383 of 7,980
Quote:
Yes, 13% of the declared price (full item price w/o shipping) + USPS handling fee of $10 IIRC.

I was under the impression that by shipping with USPS, our products would be exempt from customs fees and therefore we would be doing our customers in Canada a favor. Will one of our Canadian customers please remind me why we are shipping with USPS again? Shipping with UPS is much easier than shipping with USPS.
 ​

Sep 25, 2012 at 9:30 PM Post #2,384 of 7,980
Quote:

I was under the impression that by shipping with USPS, our products would be exempt from customs fees and therefore we would be doing our customers in Canada a favor. Will one of our Canadian customers please remind me why we are shipping with USPS again? Shipping with UPS is much easier than shipping with USPS.
 ​

from what ive read, USPS hands it off to canada post and they dont charge as much, while UPS charges much more
but i havent bought anything from heir audio so someone else's experience would be better

Users who are viewing this thread

Back