The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread
Sep 18, 2012 at 11:10 AM Post #2,222 of 7,980
Quote:
Was about to place my order, thinking I had decided on what I wanted. To find out amber and clear are up on the website! Now I need a little more time to decide on my colour choice :frowning2:

That's the problem of having too many costumization options! Decisions, decisions... 
biggrin.gif

Sep 18, 2012 at 12:35 PM Post #2,225 of 7,980
I got a message that my ear impressions have made it to the lab.  Now I have to be patient.  Maybe it is because I am older (56), maybe because of the isolationist policies of the US with regard to China before the Nixon visit, maybe because it is just so far away that this alI seems so unreal.  I am blown away that I am actually having custom IEM's made there.  I am just as excited at the prospect of doing commerce with Hier Audio as I am with the anticipation of getting a great product.

Sep 18, 2012 at 6:20 PM Post #2,227 of 7,980
Just placed my order for the 4.a, siamese rose wood with amber shell and heir audio engraving. Just gotta sort the impression and send them off.

I hate to ask this question cos everyone does but......how long does it take before i can plug these things in to my ears :)

Sep 18, 2012 at 6:51 PM Post #2,228 of 7,980
Quote:
Just placed my order for the 4.a, siamese rose wood with amber shell and heir audio engraving. Just gotta sort the impression and send them off.
I hate to ask this question cos everyone does but......how long does it take before i can plug these things in to my ears
smily_headphones1.gif

4-6 weeks is the timeframe, I think. Mine was about four but they have since picked up in how much business they do (for good reason).

Sep 18, 2012 at 11:12 PM Post #2,230 of 7,980
Well, I just posted this in the 4.ai thread, but i wanted to post here as well. Let me know what you think, as it's the first set of impressions i have written.

Alright, so I have had some more time to listen to my 4.ai’s, so I wanted to post some intial impressions on them. First off, these things are drop dead sexy! The wood grain is very nice to look at, and has no scuffs or marks on it what so ever. The acrylic housing is also really nice, It is a deep purple, and it has some metal flakes in it to make it slightly reflective. It is also slightly transparent, so you can see the inner workings of the IEM. As far as fit goes, they are quite comfy, not quite as comfy as my old SE535’s were, but very close. A big part of the fit is getting the right tips for your ears. (I am using the medium blues) These are a very neutral, accurate IEM. Nothing seems to be over emphasized or recessed. The bass had a nice punch, and is textured very well. The midrange is not as lush as the 535’s were, but I find that it is more accurate. For example, in Brian Kahanek’s One True Thing (same name as the album) the guitar has a certain emotion to it, and these convey it very nicely, but you can also feel each separate pick of the strings as well as the amp slightly hissing when he plays faster. The shures could never pick this up, I felt that there was a slight veil that obscured the details of the midrange slightly, that the 4.ai does not have. The treble is IMHO one of the strong points of this IEM, not rolled off like the 535 were, and it has some sparkle up there, but never any sibilance. Are these IEM’s worth the $400 price tag? Yes, they are, and I would go as far to argue that they can easily go toe to toe with more expensive offerings from other companies, and win.

Sep 19, 2012 at 7:11 AM Post #2,233 of 7,980
Quote:
Sweet!  Can't wait to hear what you think of them!

expect some reviews in the WM-Z thread, in fact it'll probably be like the Amperior one I did (great beginnings, sad ending), I'll just do updates with the music I'm listening to so I can a&b what I'm hearing... none of technical malarkey, just a review from a music lover.

Sep 19, 2012 at 8:50 AM Post #2,234 of 7,980
Eagerly waiting on my Heir 4As. Are UE TripleFi 10 cables compatible? Or Ety cables?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back