The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread
Aug 26, 2012 at 9:07 PM Post #1,906 of 7,980
You guys got to me so I bit.  I just ordered the 4a CIEM too based on the comments in the Head-fi threads.  I ordered the light smoke shells, Buckeye Burl wood, and the Magnus one upgrade.  I know that this combination might appear kind of boring but you can't see them while you are wearing them, right?  Also, if they are anything close to what I have read they are a true bargain! 

I will let you know what I think when they arrive.  I will need to be patient.  I will also have to sit on the sideline of this thread until they arrive.

Thanks to Brannan (at Heir in San Diego), Project86 and Poimandres for their input.

Regards, PETER

Aug 26, 2012 at 9:58 PM Post #1,907 of 7,980
Quote:
You guys got to me so I bit.  I just ordered the 4a CIEM too based on the comments in the Head-fi threads.  I ordered the light smoke shells, Buckeye Burl wood, and the Magnus one upgrade.  I know that this combination might appear kind of boring but you can't see them while you are wearing them, right?  Also, if they are anything close to what I have read they are a true bargain! 

I will let you know what I think when they arrive.  I will need to be patient.  I will also have to sit on the sideline of this thread until they arrive.

Thanks to Brannan (at Heir in San Diego), Project86 and Poimandres for their input.

Regards, PETER

I placed an order for 4a CIEM over the weekend too.  I opted for the Buckeye Burl wood with Black mamba shells.  Boring combination?  I think the Buckeye Burl wood has a ton of character hardly boring!  I am excited, too bad impression appointment isn't until the 7th of Sept.  Look forward to pictures!
Chris

Aug 26, 2012 at 10:02 PM Post #1,908 of 7,980
Officially Monster's mic cable (iSoniTalk) is about $25, but if you're willing to try knockoffs they start at around $5.

I use a known-authentic one with my 4.A and homemade headphone cable. The iSoniTalk works okay; the people I call sometimes complain that it's a little muted. It doesn't feel flimsy at all.

Some of the knockoffs have livelier microphones, but are fragile and don't travel well, and that's kind of a dealbreaker, mobile-phone-wise.

About the worst I can say about using one of these is that it can make for a pretty tall stack of plugs on top of the phone's headphone socket.

Aug 26, 2012 at 10:48 PM Post #1,910 of 7,980
I've just shipped out my ear impressions, but realized I forgot to include the printed order form. Anyone has any idea what to do now?
confused_face%281%29.gif

Aug 26, 2012 at 11:35 PM Post #1,911 of 7,980
Did u ship it directly to China or the USA location?

If the USA location, no problem, you would need o contact BKK Kid, and he will take care of things.

If you shipped directly to China....  cross you fingers and hope it does not get "detained" at customs. Due the amount of "traffic" we get, the may not even bother to open the package and you will be fine.

Wizard

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Aug 26, 2012 at 11:43 PM Post #1,912 of 7,980
Quote:
Did u ship it directly to China or the USA location?

If the USA location, no problem, you would need o contact BKK Kid, and he will take care of things.

If you shipped directly to China....  cross you fingers and hope it does not get "detained" at customs. Due the amount of "traffic" we get, the may not even bother to open the package and you will be fine.

Wizard

Directly to China unfortunately... I'll keep my fingers crossed in that case.

Aug 27, 2012 at 2:04 AM Post #1,914 of 7,980
Quote:
More pics please
smily_headphones1.gif

They'll be coming later today and I'll be sure to include some in the 3.Ai/4.Ai review I'm almost done writing 
smile.gif

Quote:

That photo belongs on he Heir Audio Face book page!

Feel free to grab it, let me know if you want the full 21Mp 
wink.gif
 (Nope, for once I didn't just shoot them with my phone)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back