The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread
Aug 25, 2012 at 1:26 AM Post #1,892 of 7,980
Quote:
As much as I would love that, my left ear strains to fit the 3 drivers from my 10X3 as it is. 8 drivers simply wouldn't work.
I think the 4.Ai might work for me just fine tough.

If you don't mind the shell sticking out a little bit, they can still make an 8.A for you by extending the boundaries of the shell. I don't think my ears can fit the contents of the 8.A either, but there are always workarounds. The 4.A will definitely fit fine in your ears. I'm pretty sure it'll actually take up less volume than the drivers of the 10x3.

Aug 25, 2012 at 1:56 AM Post #1,893 of 7,980
Quote:

If you don't mind the shell sticking out a little bit, they can still make an 8.A for you by extending the boundaries of the shell. I don't think my ears can fit the contents of the 8.A either, but there are always workarounds. The 4.A will definitely fit fine in your ears. I'm pretty sure it'll actually take up less volume than the drivers of the 10x3.

I was actually considering the new universal model, as opposed to having to deal with getting new impressions. As I recall last time I saw the audiologist she told me, "I hope I don't ever see you again."
I don't really blame her but it kind of makes me feel awkward about going back.

Quote:

What kind of Head-Fier are you?! Just get ear surgery.

I got a new one off the hobo down the street for transplant, but the hospital keeps turning me away citing some legal mumbo jumbo.
I'll keep trying though. you know what they say "third times the charm"

Aug 25, 2012 at 10:35 PM Post #1,894 of 7,980
Quote:
...He also noted that they came "Disturbingly close" to the performance of the JH13 and were hands down the best universals he had ever heard. I agree. I've had no problem spending the past 6 hours with the 3.Ai and 4.Ai while my 8.A have been in their case. The 3.Ai is great for just enjoying the music, air-drums and all (much to the amusement of my coworkers...) whereas the 4.Ai will demand your full attention and drag you into the music...

Yet another testament to Heir Audio's sound quality.  I have never heard the JH13 but it pleases me that others feel that they are the best universal that they have ever heard as well, especially a head-fier as distinguished as NC8000.

Aug 26, 2012 at 11:33 AM Post #1,895 of 7,980
Quote:
...especially a head-fier as distinguished as NC8000.

I might not always agree with him, but I have a lot of respect for his opinion. Plus, he's a genuinely nice guy 
smile.gif

Aug 26, 2012 at 8:54 PM Post #1,904 of 7,980
Just ordered some 4.As... Now if there was only a mic-cable, they would be perfect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back