The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread
Jun 19, 2012 at 2:32 PM Post #1,171 of 7,980
Quote:
Thanks for all the compliment guys!

I chose the rosewood as i own a set of LCD2 so i thought i would complete my antique looking rig.. lol...

Both your LCD2 and Heir CIEM's would go really well - visually - with my 'antique' looking ipod....

Jun 19, 2012 at 3:19 PM Post #1,172 of 7,980
Quote:
Called UPS today and it looks like they've lost track of the package (both CIEMs) after it arrived in Alaska 
blink.gif

I was counting on getting them by today or tomorrow and now I'm not sure when 
frown.gif

I've got a similar issue... I got a tracking number for the UPS shipment, but under the 'destination' area of the tracking page it has been set to deliver to Idaho, while I live in NC. I asked and they contacted UPS and apparently this is something that UPS did as a temporary measure because they hadn't updated the tracking page with my address yet, or it wasn't cleared or something ... not really sure what's going on there. It says there's one day left till delivery, but according to the tracking page it hasn't touched down in the US yet and it's still labeled as going to Idaho. Maybe it's some quirk with customs? I haven't really tracked international packages much. Has this sort of thing happened to anyone else when shipping stuff internationally before?

I'm trying not to worry too much over the tracking information, but when I see that it has 1 day left and it's still labeled as going to a different state.. hmm. Well, we'll see I guess.

Jun 19, 2012 at 5:41 PM Post #1,175 of 7,980
That's just like The Wizard to be up in the middle of the night, answering emails.... I swear he never sleeps.

I do recall UPS doing strange things with their tracking though. Maybe it was this thread a while back, or maybe some other thread, I can't recall. But multiple people reported their tracking showing up as some crazy location, like another state or showing an East Coast destination when they lived in California. I don't think we ever figured out if these detours were really happening or if it was just the tracking software displaying the wrong info temporarily. 

Jun 19, 2012 at 7:23 PM Post #1,177 of 7,980
Quote:
I will be Receiving my 8As tomorrow!!

Very Plain though.. No fancy picture.. =( got no choice.. i have a tight budget!

i think i used the wrong word for my iem.. "plain" shouldnt be the word.. i would say its "classic" look..

Really sorry if i have offended you Wizard.. But no intentions at all..

cheers!

Jun 19, 2012 at 9:44 PM Post #1,178 of 7,980
Quote:
i think i used the wrong word for my iem.. "plain" shouldnt be the word.. i would say its "classic" look..

Really sorry if i have offended you Wizard.. But no intentions at all..

cheers!

In the realm of design there is no such thing as plain. There is minimalist, gestalt, simple, clean... With yours I'd actually go with pure.

Jun 19, 2012 at 10:11 PM Post #1,179 of 7,980
Quote:
I will be Receiving my 8As tomorrow!!

Very Plain though.. No fancy picture.. =( got no choice.. i have a tight budget!

that is so nice, how long did it take for heir to build that beauty? 

Jun 20, 2012 at 3:40 AM Post #1,180 of 7,980
Quote:
that is so nice, how long did it take for heir to build that beauty? 

it only took them 2 weeks after receiving my impressions.. thats very very fast!

Thumbs up for HeirAudio!

Jun 20, 2012 at 4:52 AM Post #1,182 of 7,980
Quote:

it only took them 2 weeks after receiving my impressions.. thats very very fast!

Thumbs up for HeirAudio!

Kind of off-topic, but you have very evenly matched ears. Your left and right CIEMs look almost identical in shape.

Jun 20, 2012 at 6:16 AM Post #1,184 of 7,980
Quote:

Kind of off-topic, but you have very evenly matched ears. Your left and right CIEMs look almost identical in shape.

Haha.. i noticed that too.. but its more important that they fit perfectly (almost) rather than to look symmetrical..

Jun 20, 2012 at 6:37 AM Post #1,185 of 7,980
Quote:
I emailed Heir Audio about the problem.  Dr. Moulton replied and says they are on the case, and Nancy will talk to UPS as soon as she gets in (it's not yet 4:30 AM there).

I apologize. When it said *one day remaining* and it showed the status as being on the westcoast and the destination set to Idaho, and then when I called UPS and they told me the full address was a mixture of my street address and another state, I thought for sure that it was in fact being delivered there.

I turns out that it's UPS that was clueless, and Nancy from Heir Audio was right - it *still* shows the destination address as being Idaho and a mixture of my street address and another state, but it now suddenly indicates that the package is on the east coast and is out for delivery today.

If this happens to anyone else, just ignore everything on the tracking page except "estimated delivery".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back