The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread
Feb 10, 2013 at 11:21 AM Post #5,191 of 7,980
Those look fantastic and I'm sure they sound even better than they look.

The wait for my 6.A is becoming unbearable..
redface.gif

Feb 10, 2013 at 11:43 AM Post #5,192 of 7,980
Quote:
Doug - post that 50$ umbrella bro! hahahaha
guys i got mine a few days ago and i absolutely love them, i will post a proper review later once i upgrade my dap to a better one, perfect fit first time round, no issues apart for some sore ears, guess my ears have to get used to ciems, posting some quick pics + unboxing video, want to thank everyone at heir audio and all the headfi members who helped and suggested me to get these! im really glad i did :D

Really nice photos

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Feb 10, 2013 at 11:53 AM Post #5,193 of 7,980
Thanks alot Dr. Moulton - i love the 8.A's ... i'l be posting more pictures once I get a good dap or amp combo!
bigsmile_face.gif

thanks Sinocelt and u will get them soon Staal - the limited editions deserve the wait , then u can be like -
biggrin.gif

Feb 10, 2013 at 2:13 PM Post #5,196 of 7,980
Well, having had a bit more time with my 4.A I think the fit on my left ear is a little loose, as I can make it lose seal if I move my jaw around in certain ways, whereas I can't get the right one to break seal no matter what. With that said, as these are my first customs I'm not 100% confident I've got them properly/fully inserted, so to that end here's a couple pictures:

Going off of how well they seem to be sealing and the bass I'm pretty sure I am, but I figure it doesn't hurt to make sure :etysmile:

Feb 10, 2013 at 2:42 PM Post #5,197 of 7,980
If you have to move your jaw around a certain way I wouldn't say that they are loose. As everyone's ears are different some people can eat or yawn and not break a seal and some people can't. I believe it depends more on your ear and also the mold made by the audiologist than anything else. I have had 5 different sets of ciems with Heir built on 3 different sets of molds and they have all fit the same way.

Feb 10, 2013 at 3:24 PM Post #5,198 of 7,980
By losing seal do you mean a little pop or such sensation along the canal or a full loss of seal where you lose bass completely and need to push it back in?

The reason I ask is my left ear is a bit different from my right. If I put a pinky finger in each ear and move my jaw around in all directions, I notice a lot of movement in my left ear canal, and nearly none at all in my right. As a result, if I am wearing the CIEM and really move my jaw around a lot, I get a bit of a light "popping" or sort of "stick and seal" sensation in my left ear only. (sorry, that's the best descriptor I have). I don't need to re-insert them or push on them....they just go back to normal. I am certain this is 100% attributed to my ear physiology, not the fit of the CIEM. (It takes quite a bit of fairly unnatural movement to get this to happen...)

Is this what you are getting? Or something more serious? I'm no expert as this is my first set of customs, but it's worth checking. 

Feb 10, 2013 at 5:14 PM Post #5,200 of 7,980
I get slight pops and the sensation that they're moving around in my ear a bit, and if I hold my jaw in that position I can easily hear myself rubbing my fingers together next to my ear (but no blatant bass falloff that I can tell), but as soon as I stop doing so they settle back in properly.

But apparently from the response here I at least have them in properly it seems.

Feb 10, 2013 at 5:46 PM Post #5,201 of 7,980
Yeah, some people have ear canals that are more affected by jaw movements, others less so.

I had the problem you describe with my right ear for a while when I first got my 4.A. Then the problem went away for a while, then it migrated to the left ear. Human bodies are weird.

Feb 10, 2013 at 5:51 PM Post #5,203 of 7,980
Quote:
I can break the seals in the way that you describe by yawning or turning my head to the far left or far right.  I am mostly able to chew gum without it affecting anything though.

Can't you hear yourself chewing though lol. I don't like the bone conduction at all :p.

Feb 10, 2013 at 6:57 PM Post #5,205 of 7,980
Quote:
Yep I can plus it also stresses my canals and changes the sound.  Hence I try to avoid it.

Worse is when you are lying down and you can hear the vibrations from your room mates Air-conditioning, the mini fridge or even the fan on the ground lol :p. Or depending on what how you lye down, your own heartbeat. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back