The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread
Nov 24, 2012 at 8:08 AM Post #3,376 of 7,980
I ordered the 4A with PCB and glow in the dark green options. Had the ear impressions done today. Would you all have any recommendations on whether i should send the impressions by registered mail, or use usps or fedex?

Nov 24, 2012 at 8:43 AM Post #3,377 of 7,980
Quote:
i order before oct,
build time was 3-5weeks

It's up to Heir, not me, to respond to the dates and times promised, but time also depends on the amount of customization; complex inlays or hard to work material are going to extend the time needed to complete. Change orders of any kind also prolong the build time. That's the nature of custom building.

Quote:
Then you should never ever even remotely consider getting into high end home audio/video equipment, e.g. setting up a quality home cinema.

Yup. To keep it in perspective; dollar values for the high end in portable audio compared to home audio are totally different scales. The numbers we're slinging around here for our entire portable system can be insufficient to buy a matched set of tubes for the amplifier in a summit-fi listening room system by the standards of some.

To also keep it in perspective, all the money we're slinging around is for the purpose of a system that more or less does the same thing as a used portable cassette deck. We do this because we think the result is sufficiently better to be worth the effort.

Nov 24, 2012 at 8:48 AM Post #3,379 of 7,980
It's up to Heir, not me, to respond to the dates and times promised, but time also depends on the amount of customization; complex inlays or hard to work material are going to extend the time needed to complete. Change orders of any kind also prolong the build time. That's the nature of custom building.

yup i agree, but after knowing what i want and promise me that it will complete within the week and no news twice.
then it is abit unfair for me as a consumer. If you cant do it within the promised time, then don give a time frame it which when it will be completed, this will only make the consumer disappointed when the dead line is met and yet still no news.
not once but twice

Nov 24, 2012 at 8:57 AM Post #3,380 of 7,980
Quote:
That's one lucky dog.

I was wondering what it must be like to air-condition that room, but then I realized that nothing was connected to anything else.

I would have bought a nice painting instead if I wanted to decorate the room, and then I wouldn't have to worry so much about tripping over the furnishings.

Nov 24, 2012 at 9:01 AM Post #3,381 of 7,980
Agreed. Value for money is unbeatable with headphones and portable players.
Quote:
Yup. To keep it in perspective; dollar values for the high end in portable audio compared to home audio are totally different scales. The numbers we're slinging around here for our entire portable system can be insufficient to buy a matched set of tubes for the amplifier in a summit-fi listening room system by the standards of some.

Nov 24, 2012 at 9:11 AM Post #3,382 of 7,980
The cinema is functional. Probably all the wiring was removed for the photos. Or it is completely underfloor?
And yes, he probably won't need any additional heating in that room.
Quote:

I was wondering what it must be like to air-condition that room, but then I realized that nothing was connected to anything else.

I would have bought a nice painting instead if I wanted to decorate the room, and then I wouldn't have to worry so much about tripping over the furnishings.

Nov 24, 2012 at 10:23 AM Post #3,384 of 7,980
Quote:
I'm curious myself what op amp you're using. I have the 8610 stored away in it's box and rolled op amp 209 into the MK II tonight. It's a pretty nice sounding op amp far more transparent then the 8610 but mind you I've only heard the 8610 on my UHA-4 thus far. I ordered my MK II with 627AP pre installed and I liked the fun smooth presentation with my V-MODA M-100 but the 209 seems to be winning me over in overall clarity and presentation. It's especially winning me over with my Sony MDR EX 600 IEM's. Right now I'm thinking either the 8610 or the 209 are the two op amps to go with on the MK II. Have you tried any other op amp choices besides the 8610ARZ OPA209AID or OPA627AP yet?

I'm using the 209 which came supplied with the unit. When I had the original 6S it had the 8610 and it was quite nice but overall I like the MKII more. Whether that is due to the 209 or the various minor design changes between the models, I can't say. 

I've not had a chance to try others in the MKII. One of these days. 

Quote:
That's one lucky dog.

Not really. That room is an acoustic nightmare, and has shall we say "questionable" design choices like a projector with 4k upscaling yet no HDMI input. I'm sure it's been updated since then, but still.... lots of components that are individually good but not meant to all be thrown together in a room like this. Think 30 driver CIEM with a hodgepodge of the commonly used Knowles and Sonion drivers, all thrown in with no regard for design. 

Nov 24, 2012 at 11:00 AM Post #3,385 of 7,980
Does anyone know if heir audio provides service for remolding the IEMS after 4 years because apparently, the shape of our ears changes every 4 years approximately....?

I'm also stuck on which colors/wood to choose for my CIEM 4.A's.... Any recommendations? lol

Nov 24, 2012 at 11:11 AM Post #3,386 of 7,980
Quote:
Does anyone know if heir audio provides service for remolding the IEMS after 4 years because apparently, the shape of our ears changes every 4 years approximately....?

I'm also stuck on which colors/wood to choose for my CIEM 4.A's.... Any recommendations? lol

I'm sure they would remold it, obviously for a nominal fee. I wouldn't say everyone needs a refit in 4 years though. Every person and pair of ears is different, but if you are an adult (full grown, not still "filling out" like a 21 year old) and maintain a steady weight throughout the whole time, it is far less likely that you'd need a refit. 

Nov 24, 2012 at 11:23 AM Post #3,387 of 7,980
Quote:

I'm sure they would remold it, obviously for a nominal fee. I wouldn't say everyone needs a refit in 4 years though. Every person and pair of ears is different, but if you are an adult (full grown, not still "filling out" like a 21 year old) and maintain a steady weight throughout the whole time, it is far less likely that you'd need a refit. 

I'm actually 21 trying to gain weight... damn. 

Nov 24, 2012 at 11:35 AM Post #3,388 of 7,980
Alright. I bought the 4.A. This is my first IEM and I just went past the bandwagon to buy CIEMs. I have butterflies in my stomach. I don't know what I got myself into now. :frowning2: I always had problems with earbuds as they were never comfortable. I never tried an IEM before either. I'm so scared if it won't be comfortable. 

Nov 24, 2012 at 12:14 PM Post #3,389 of 7,980
Quote:
yup i agree, but after knowing what i want and promise me that it will complete within the week and no news twice.
then it is abit unfair for me as a consumer. If you cant do it within the promised time, then don give a time frame it which when it will be completed, this will only make the consumer disappointed when the dead line is met and yet still no news.
not once but twice

May you please PM me your details so I can look into this for you?

Nov 24, 2012 at 12:24 PM Post #3,390 of 7,980
Quote:
Alright. I bought the 4.A. This is my first IEM and I just went past the bandwagon to buy CIEMs. I have butterflies in my stomach. I don't know what I got myself into now. :frowning2: I always had problems with earbuds as they were never comfortable. I never tried an IEM before either. I'm so scared if it won't be comfortable. 

Sounds like you and me are like minded. I felt woozy after I realized I had bought my very first CIEM

Users who are viewing this thread

Back