The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread
Nov 24, 2012 at 12:24 PM Post #3,391 of 7,980
Quote:
it is not about impatient or not. if i was told it will take a little more time for it to be build, i will gladly wait. Not just say within the week will be done and no news after it.
Apart from this, initially i chosen a brush aluminium with a logo cut out, the logo was a image that i uploaded.
After 4 weeks since my ear impression reach the lab, there was a mail to me confirming my cut out, and i told Sunny the cut out will be on the image i uploaded.
They said ok and taken note of it.
At the end of the 5th week, i email them asking about the finishing of my 4A, then after exchanging a few emails, Sunny ask me about my cut out as she thought is was one side cut out, and the other side is a laser engraving. Why wait till i email them to enquire about the 4A then i was ask to double confirm again? So if i never email them, my 4A will be placed on hold?
After confirming, Sunny say my design was to difficult to be cut out on the brush aluminium, and i was ok with that and told her to change to wood instead, and without the different color faceplate that i initially choose. She replied that the faceplate was already done cannot cancel.
So now 2 weeks and the wood still not on the faceplate?

Do keep in mind, the Heir Audio Site states 3-5 "work weeks." Work weeks means hollidays are not included. There was an 8 day holliday during your "build time" schedule. So one of your "7 weeks" was burned up in a holliday time period.   I would guess part of the issue we have here is the amount of order changes, art changes etc has also burned up some time as well, and art requests not beeing clearly written. Sunny has a problem as well, she has to translate the work order, if she does it wrong, and we build wrong, and then we have to re-build this also creates problems for others as now the assembly process is being backed up.

I was in the lab Saturday, and we finished 11 units, was one of them yours...?  That I do not know, but I can also tell you it is 1:20 AM, Sunday morning, and I am replying to e-mails and such.

In short, we are working hard, working 14+ hrs a day and doing our best to maintain the 5 week limit, while still maintaining quality builds. As for why was your friends CIEMs completed faster, I suspect it was because the Art work, if any at all, was clear and concise, and the size and shape of his ear allowed for such a design.  Builds are not always "cut and dry" as every ear is different.

Wizard

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Nov 24, 2012 at 12:30 PM Post #3,392 of 7,980
        Do keep in mind, the Heir Audio Site states 3-5 "work weeks." Work weeks means hollidays are not included. There was an 8 day holliday during your "build time" schedule. So one of your "7 weeks" was burned up in a holliday time period.   I would guess part of the issue we have here is the amount of order changes, art changes etc has also burned up some time as well, and art requests not beeing clearly written. Sunny has a problem as well, she has to translate the work order, if she does it wrong, and we build wrong, and then we have to re-build this also creates problems for others as now the assembly process is being backed up.

I was in the lab Saturday, and we finished 11 units, was one of them yours...?  That I do not know, but I can also tell you it is 1:20 AM, Sunday morning, and I am replying to e-mails and such.

In short, we are working hard, working 14+ hrs a day and doing our best to maintain the 5 week limit, while still maintaining quality builds. As for why was your friends CIEMs completed faster, I suspect it was because the Art work, if any at all, was clear and concise, and the size and shape of his ear allowed for such a design.  Builds are not always "cut and dry" as every ear is different.

Wizard

I appreciate your passion for your job, and I do respect each and everyone of you in the company with all the prompt respond and willingly to take your time to answer to my questions.
As far as i know the 8 days holiday end before 8 Oct, do correct me if i am wrong.
Guess i will just wait for further updates then.
Thank you

Nov 24, 2012 at 12:31 PM Post #3,393 of 7,980
Quote:
Yeah it is a bummer. If they get shipped though, I''ll figure something out. I had a response earlier, and as I type this, I just got another. We''ll see.
Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

Good news, good news.  I've figured out a way to buy the 3.Ai's and have the bills covered, without resorting to credit or Kraft Dinner.  Am I excited, you bet.

Nov 24, 2012 at 12:46 PM Post #3,394 of 7,980
Quote:
I appreciate your passion for your job, and I do respect each and everyone of you in the company with all the prompt respond and willingly to take your time to answer to my questions.
As far as i know the 8 days holiday end before 8 Oct, do correct me if i am wrong.
Guess i will just wait for further updates then.
Thank you

I think the holliday began Oct 25.  Truth be know, I am not too sure on that, as I worked through the holliday as well. Hollidays weekends etc fairly much becomes a blur to me... as I am working through them all. 

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Nov 24, 2012 at 1:01 PM Post #3,396 of 7,980
Quote:
I have no idea what I've gotten myself into. Now I have to worry about getting ear mold impressions.. GAHHH. >.<

I'm actually really afraid of putting things into my ear. Do CIEM's use a rubber/plastic tip like other IEMS do?

I think it's basically just a hard plastic shell that is molded to your ears. You don't need any tips.

Nov 24, 2012 at 1:31 PM Post #3,397 of 7,980
Quote:
I have no idea what I've gotten myself into. Now I have to worry about getting ear mold impressions.. GAHHH. >.<

I'm actually really afraid of putting things into my ear. Do CIEM's use a rubber/plastic tip like other IEMS do?

Nope you just pop them in like a hearing aid and rock away. People seem to love CIEM's because of the fit

Nov 24, 2012 at 1:53 PM Post #3,398 of 7,980
Alright, took the plunge on some Heir Audio 4Ai.  Although I've had plenty of excellent headphones (HD650, LCD-2, HE-500, etc.) this will be my first upper tier IEM (highest thus far likely being the RE-272).  

Should be exciting.  I put off upgrading some other things for this.  For now I'll be using a cMoyBB + 4ai + iPhone 4s as my portable rig and if necessary I'll get a Meier Audio Quickstep.  Anybody got experience with cMoy + 4A/Ai?  

What is the typical wait on a non-custom IEM from Heir?  

Nov 24, 2012 at 2:11 PM Post #3,401 of 7,980
Quote:

They are designed to fit right in as-is, without added tips. This is because they are moulded to the contours of your ears. That's why you have to have impressions done: It serves as the matrix for the mould used to make the IEMs.

Heir's standard IEM design is a relatively shallow insertion, which makes it easier to put in and take out of your ears than many universal IEMs and the custom IEMs from other manufacturers. However, since Heir's IEM shells are hard acrylic, there's no sponginess or give to them. So you can't really wear them like universal IEMs: There's no popping 'em straight in your ears and letting a silicone or foam tip reshape itself as it goes up your ear canal. On the other hand, when they fit right and are inserted properly, they're far more comfortable than universal IEMs -- since they're the same shapes as your ears, there's no elastic tip pressing against your ear canal, and the weight of the IEM is distributed more evenly across the surface of your ears rather than being concentrated at the points of contact of the elastic tips.

This is one of those things where it's much easier to learn by demonstration and practice than by explanation, but the demonstration requires that you have IEMs fitted to your ears, so I guess you've got to make the leap of faith and hope that you and your new IEMs get along.

On the upside, the odds are good. The 4.A is a fine product.

Nov 24, 2012 at 3:42 PM Post #3,402 of 7,980
They are designed to fit right in as-is, without added tips. This is because they are moulded to the contours of your ears. That's why you have to have impressions done: It serves as the matrix for the mould used to make the IEMs.

Heir's standard IEM design is a relatively shallow insertion, which makes it easier to put in and take out of your ears than many universal IEMs and the custom IEMs from other manufacturers. However, since Heir's IEM shells are hard acrylic, there's no sponginess or give to them. So you can't really wear them like universal IEMs: There's no popping 'em straight in your ears and letting a silicone or foam tip reshape itself as it goes up your ear canal. On the other hand, when they fit right and are inserted properly, they're far more comfortable than universal IEMs -- since they're the same shapes as your ears, there's no elastic tip pressing against your ear canal, and the weight of the IEM is distributed more evenly across the surface of your ears rather than being concentrated at the points of contact of the elastic tips.

This is one of those things where it's much easier to learn by demonstration and practice than by explanation, but the demonstration requires that you have IEMs fitted to your ears, so I guess you've got to make the leap of faith and hope that you and your new IEMs get along.

On the upside, the odds are good. The 4.A is a fine product.

Get good impressions from a professional, hand them to Heir, wait your turn, and when they get back to you you'll have something amazing.

I went with the "musician" fit in mine, which they don't do as much anymore. They go deeper into your ear for a better seal but there's less room for error in the mold and IEM. I got lucky with flawless impressions and the Wizard was able to make me something wonderful that fit flawlessly.

If your getting a real pro to do your impressions it might be worth asking if you can get the musician fit, too. That's what I'll be doing when I eventually upgrade in a few years.

Nov 24, 2012 at 5:07 PM Post #3,403 of 7,980
Quote:
Get good impressions from a professional, hand them to Heir, wait your turn, and when they get back to you you'll have something amazing.
I went with the "musician" fit in mine, which they don't do as much anymore. They go deeper into your ear for a better seal but there's less room for error in the mold and IEM. I got lucky with flawless impressions and the Wizard was able to make me something wonderful that fit flawlessly.
If your getting a real pro to do your impressions it might be worth asking if you can get the musician fit, too. That's what I'll be doing when I eventually upgrade in a few years.

With your musician fit, did your ciem end up getting really deep in your ears or did it stay relatively shallow? I have tried those foam type of iem that comes with a standard phone and I absolutely HATED IT. Was not comfortable AT ALL. My impressions of IEM's have been very negative since that experience. This is why I'm afraid of sticking things in my ears (mentally speaking). I hope all the CIEM's by Heir are shallow because that would be nice. 

Nov 24, 2012 at 5:20 PM Post #3,404 of 7,980
Quote:

With your musician fit, did your ciem end up getting really deep in your ears or did it stay relatively shallow? I have tried those foam type of iem that comes with a standard phone and I absolutely HATED IT. Was not comfortable AT ALL. My impressions of IEM's have been very negative since that experience. This is why I'm afraid of sticking things in my ears (mentally speaking). I hope all the CIEM's by Heir are shallow because that would be nice. 

We feel as if our standard fit has mass market appeal and is very conducive to prolonged listening sessions. If you want your CIEMs to be on the shallow side in terms of canal length, please let us know and we can work to accommodate this request.

Nov 24, 2012 at 5:46 PM Post #3,405 of 7,980
Quote:

We feel as if our standard fit has mass market appeal and is very conducive to prolonged listening sessions. If you want your CIEMs to be on the shallow side in terms of canal length, please let us know and we can work to accommodate this request.

Are there any disadvantages in terms of quality/seal form having a CIEM on the shallow side in terms of canal length? Thanks for your prompt response =). 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back