The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
May 3, 2024 at 3:55 PM Post #88,276 of 89,609
@gLer Could they be practising South African now vs nownow?

drftr
IMG_5996.png
❤️ South Africa

May 3, 2024 at 3:58 PM Post #88,277 of 89,609
Haha, understandable.

So, back to my original question, anyone selling theirs?
If there was I'm pretty sure there is a lot of people waiting for one to appear. As long as cost doesn't get ridiculous.

I'd take one of the LEs for retail price right now if they weren't damaged.

I think the latest from CJ SG was that they will try for a Q3 release but considering the delays I wouldn't hold my breath until an official design and date has been announced.

May 3, 2024 at 4:18 PM Post #88,278 of 89,609
If there was I'm pretty sure there is a lot of people waiting for one to appear. As long as cost doesn't get ridiculous.

I'd take one of the LEs for retail price right now if they weren't damaged.

I think the latest from CJ SG was that they will try for a Q3 release but considering the delays I wouldn't hold my breath until an official design and date has been announced.
The availability issues and the launch edition selling over the retail price have effectively put an end to my interest in it, at least for now. There are so many great IEMs out there.

May 3, 2024 at 4:38 PM Post #88,279 of 89,609
The availability issues and the launch edition selling over the retail price have effectively put an end to my interest in it, at least for now. There are so many great IEMs out there.

Definitely understand that. While I’ve been interested in one for 5-6 months, it’s a relatively mild interest and I’m not ready to pay more than retail for them. Hopefully they’ll become more readily available once the normal release finally drops. I think I can wait until then, though I’m genuinely curious about the final design.

May 3, 2024 at 7:13 PM Post #88,280 of 89,609
Today is the day and in about 11 hours time the long-awaited Project #2 will be Live on my newly established YT channel where more of the same can be expected in upcoming weeks, months, years 😁

I will be posting a link here as well as an English translation of the lyrics for you to follow along. It was certainly a bigger vocal challenge than Project #1 was. Hopefully some of you find this one enjoyable too!

May 3, 2024 at 7:51 PM Post #88,283 of 89,609
May 3, 2024 at 7:59 PM Post #88,284 of 89,609
My review for Brise Audio BSEP for Sony IER-Z1R is Here.

May 3, 2024 at 9:10 PM Post #88,285 of 89,609
I am a little behind in my review for the touring kit, but here is my review for the Oriolus Monachaa.

May 3, 2024 at 9:36 PM Post #88,286 of 89,609
TOTL_01.jpg

Brief A/B comparisons tonight:

Aroma Audio Jewel is the warmer IEM. Between its subdued treble and greater mid-bass, it is south of neutral, possessing a lushness in the midrange.

Empire Ears Odin is closer to true neutral, in spite of some funny business here and there. I know this, because back-to-back with Jewel, Odin is more transparent, rendering acoustic instruments closer to how they sound when played right before you in real life. Jewel adds a lush veil, which is rather pleasing, but less transparent as a result.

Jewel still manages to be the more natural sounding. I know, that seems like a contradiction. But Odin’s funny business, mentioned above, shows itself with drums and brighter electronic sounds. The upper vocal range is exaggerated a little, as well. These things create an unnatural, hyper-realism. Which is also rather pleasing in most situations.

I guess you could say they both do things which are unnatural in their own right. And both are qualities which strengthen the intended tuning of the respective IEM.

Listening to the track Grass Top, an instrumental piece on the album SCRIBBLED FOLK SYMPHONIES by Amber Rubarth, Odin was clearer, more transparent, genuinely putting you in the room where this binaural record was captured. Jewel is a little hazy, a little veiled, but I was more emotionally gripped when that cello does its climactic bit. I was still moved by Odin’s portrayal, but I was moved more by Jewel.

However! Not only was Odin more transparent, but it definitely, DEFINITELY rendered more detail, with cleaner separation, blacker background, and higher resolution instruments.

Man, there’s so much more to explore and talk about, but that will have to do it for tonight.

Have a great weekend, folks!

May 3, 2024 at 9:37 PM Post #88,287 of 89,609
My idea of an optimal cable synergy pairing with supreme v3 : Beat Audio Oslo MKIV; colour combo makes me 👅. Prefer it over Ulan (made the soundstage seem further away) and Rhapsodio’s Fantasy Copper (a little warmer when I prefer more nano details).

Attachments

• IMG_9608.jpeg
    IMG_9608.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
May 3, 2024 at 11:50 PM Post #88,288 of 89,609
@gLer Could they be practising South African now vs nownow?

drftr
It's similar in Mexico, right now right now vs right now (meaning when I have time), or later later (meaning never) vs later.
We have Malaysian timing as well 😂 everything is always late for about half an hour.

May 4, 2024 at 12:32 AM Post #88,289 of 89,609
TOTL_01.jpg

Brief A/B comparisons tonight:

Aroma Audio Jewel is the warmer IEM. Between its subdued treble and greater mid-bass, it is south of neutral, possessing a lushness in the midrange.

Empire Ears Odin is closer to true neutral, in spite of some funny business here and there. I know this, because back-to-back with Jewel, Odin is more transparent, rendering acoustic instruments closer to how they sound when played right before you in real life. Jewel adds a lush veil, which is rather pleasing, but less transparent as a result.

Jewel still manages to be the more natural sounding. I know, that seems like a contradiction. But Odin’s funny business, mentioned above, shows itself with drums and brighter electronic sounds. The upper vocal range is exaggerated a little, as well. These things create an unnatural, hyper-realism. Which is also rather pleasing in most situations.

I guess you could say they both do things which are unnatural in their own right. And both are qualities which strengthen the intended tuning of the respective IEM.

Listening to the track Grass Top, an instrumental piece on the album SCRIBBLED FOLK SYMPHONIES by Amber Rubarth, Odin was clearer, more transparent, genuinely putting you in the room where this binaural record was captured. Jewel is a little hazy, a little veiled, but I was more emotionally gripped when that cello does its climactic bit. I was still moved by Odin’s portrayal, but I was moved more by Jewel.

However! Not only was Odin more transparent, but it definitely, DEFINITELY rendered more detail, with cleaner separation, blacker background, and higher resolution instruments.

Man, there’s so much more to explore and talk about, but that will have to do it for tonight.

Have a great weekend, folks!
I'm really enjoying reading your impressions. Now don't forget those food picts too! 🙂

May 4, 2024 at 12:32 AM Post #88,290 of 89,609

Users who are viewing this thread

Back