The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Apr 15, 2024 at 1:28 PM Post #86,716 of 89,372
Few things that i truly impressed with Alter Ego: Vocal, Coherency, Soundstage and Puncy Bass.

Still curious how loud the leak though, I think should be less than Radon 6 / Turii Ti, but that's my only assumption.

ma-ae.jpg

If your refering to isolation of the Alter Ego, here a answer with the help of google lens and translation

High purity titanium alloy cavity
The shell and panel are made of TC4 high-purity titanium alloy
Unique fully open rear cavity design, natural sound field without affecting sound insulation
Follows ergonomic design, fits the auricle, and is comfortable to wear for a long time

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2024 at 1:36 PM Post #86,717 of 89,372
idk how many people heard the new Meze IEM but it's really good, better than the Advar in almost every way aside from personal tuning preferences. Comes out some time in the next few months. It's not anywhere close to being flagship tier but it's absolutely worth a listen, especially for the couple of chi-fi tier appreciators here.
I visited their booth last with the intention to try the IEM and the Empy II, but I ran out of time and had a flight to catch. I fet really bad ‘cus they kindly gave me one of their free copper cable bracelets. But, I have a Meze dealer here in Jakarta, so it’s only a matter of time before they get here. 😁

Apr 15, 2024 at 1:52 PM Post #86,719 of 89,372
idk how many people heard the new Meze IEM but it's really good, better than the Advar in almost every way aside from personal tuning preferences. Comes out some time in the next few months. It's not anywhere close to being flagship tier but it's absolutely worth a listen, especially for the couple of chi-fi tier appreciators here.
The Alba is awesome for the price! I recommend it to people who'd want to listen straight from their phones with USB C! A steal for $149!!

Apr 15, 2024 at 2:11 PM Post #86,721 of 89,372
Big shout out to @Scubadevils for teaching me all the ins and outs of the Art involved. This would be a life saver for most of you and I can thoroughly recommend this special 2 year course, taught with loving care by the Master himself.

Certificate.png

drftr

Any relation to Virgil van Dijk? 😏

Apr 15, 2024 at 2:24 PM Post #86,723 of 89,372
Not sure man... There's also a DJ with the same last name if I recall correctly. Can't be my music so I'll give it a pass.

drftr
Joop could be your uncle or older brother.
1713205470259.jpeg

Dick Van Dyke,
spelled different probably during migration.

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2024 at 2:27 PM Post #86,724 of 89,372
1000802365.jpg
3DD vs 3DD
$30 vs $3k(ish)
cca trio/campfire trifecta
with my henchmen of recently released kz/cca iems, i immediately rushed to compare them to some totl giants. i didn't have much time there as it was my first time going and i wanted to speedrun the whole thing in >6 hours.

listening to the trifecta made me realize how far kz has come along with their drivers. it took a couple attempts to get their multi-dd setups correct (duo and castor) and with a 220 ohm adapter they still produce clean, powerful bass. trifecta just doesnt cut it for me, it sounds blurry compared to the trio. I'm still in shock at how $30 can literally be endgame for anybody looking to just hit play and enjoy the music.
Lots of folks don't like CFA sound and it sounds like you're one of them. So, have you also tried the Penon Serial (3xDD) or Quattro (4xDD)? Does the KZ kick their ass as well?

Apr 15, 2024 at 3:05 PM Post #86,726 of 89,372
Delivery day! Full retail packaging isn't ready yet (although as-is this beats out any other cable I’ve bought for accessories) but I've received the goods. The carrying case is lovely and feels like a very high quality leather.

The analogue tone mixed with high detail and image size/precision makes this cable quite enjoyable to pair with many IEMs. The ergonomics of it are also surprisingly good given its size and weight.

Happy camper here :)

IMG_9834.jpegIMG_9835.jpegIMG_9836.jpegIMG_9837.jpegIMG_9842.jpeg

Apr 15, 2024 at 3:37 PM Post #86,727 of 89,372
Now I have officially lost the charging case for a tws (or tws adapter) for the second time... So far about 260 Euros down the drain, as both the Shure adapters and the Ace Aurvana 2 are completely useless now... Cool! -_-

Apr 15, 2024 at 3:45 PM Post #86,728 of 89,372
Now I have officially lost the charging case for a tws (or tws adapter) for the second time... So far about 260 Euros down the drain, as both the Shure adapters and the Ace Aurvana 2 are completely useless now... Cool! -_-
You got a stick an air tag or a Google find my device tag to your next tws case 😁

Apr 15, 2024 at 3:56 PM Post #86,729 of 89,372
Time to ask all the TWS manufacturers to have standard charging cases, like 1980's IBM compatible standard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back