The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Apr 6, 2024 at 11:24 AM Post #85,639 of 88,304
Got to meet some good members from our WaterColler Thread today at the CanJam Day 1.
WhatsApp Image 2024-04-06 at 10.51.15 PM.jpeg
I have listened to a lot of products so far but Ice Lab Primastica and Eminent Ears Ruby have so far been my favourite <3 See you guys again tomorrow.
My favourite crew!

drftr

Apr 6, 2024 at 11:36 AM Post #85,642 of 88,304
Interesting discussion of cables. I got my B.Eng. in Electrical Engineering, though I later turn to other field but I can understand what is going on here.

Simply put, many engineers working in IEM companies are not audiophiles. From their training, they don't believe cable matters, and they probably don't bother to test them.

Recently, I read a real story by @Jason Stoddard here (Schiit happened) that QC was complaining weird distortion from a prototype DAC, and the engineer constantly reported back that the issue was fixed, only to be found out later the distortion was still there. Jason ran to the engineer to find out why, guess what happened? The engineer was feeding Sine ware instead of real music to do the test. So Jason shouted to the engineer, use some fxxking real music to test! Then the engineer heard the distortion.

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2024 at 11:48 AM Post #85,644 of 88,304
I legit thought there's fake storm circulating around.

@osocan 's pic I thought it was showing the real one (left) vs "fake" (right)
4ED2D38E-BF83-4AAE-9AF9-5B4ED0F97A7B.jpeg

Then I saw @Sajid Amit 's "fake" storm pic then I thought, "of all people I don't think he would fall victim to a fake storm"

IMG_9900.jpeg

Asked my friends and turns out it's a real storm lol! *Shameful face palm
The pic was taken at Subtonic’s counter at Can Jam … if it’s fake it has to be a genuine fake.

Apr 6, 2024 at 11:57 AM Post #85,646 of 88,304
he day finished with a dinner of bbq ribs near the beautiful Singapore harbor front.

IMG_9882.jpeg
Those ribs look terrific!

Apr 6, 2024 at 12:00 PM Post #85,647 of 88,304
Gents,

Which non-foam eartips do attenuate treble most for you?

drftr
Not necessarily treble attenuating, but I found this NUARL Block Ear to be very good at sealing and delivering sound as original and true. It doesn't alter too much of the sound profile, and so leave the treble uncompressed as is
https://amzn.asia/d/5r8TG3X

For treble attenuating properties I think you may find Divinus Velvet to be quite good at reducing the upper registers. It somehow absorbs high freqs taming/dulling it

Apr 6, 2024 at 12:06 PM Post #85,648 of 88,304
Not necessarily treble attenuating, but I found this NUARL Block Ear to be very good at sealing and delivering sound as original and true. It doesn't alter too much of the sound profile, and so leave the treble uncompressed as is
https://amzn.asia/d/5r8TG3X

For treble attenuating properties I think you may find Divinus Velvet to be quite good at reducing the upper registers. It somehow absorbs high freqs taming/dulling it
I tried all 21 tips I have this afternoon and am feeling the Spinfit 145 - the one that I have in use and that I selected for a reason at the time - still attenuates most. Just wished I hadn't bought the other 20 as they came "for free" with my very first IEMs. Anyway, yet another rabbit hole explored. Think of all the could-be café lattes... 🥺

drftr

Apr 6, 2024 at 12:17 PM Post #85,649 of 88,304
Think of all the could-be café lattes... 🥺
Hey, your homie makes the best espresso lever machine in the world.

You can't steam the milk; only make espresso, which is enough for me.
However, steaming milk these days is also easy with Subminimal nanofoamer Pro.

Another hobby is just around the corner...you have the best of both worlds :)

Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back