The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Apr 5, 2024 at 5:24 AM Post #85,501 of 88,440
Our review of the PMG Audio Apx is up with comparisons to Ronin, Phonix, and the UM Multiverse Mentor.

Hope this one is on show at CanJam tomorrow :)

https://headfonics.com/pmg-audio-apx-review/

1712308347145.png

Apr 5, 2024 at 5:34 AM Post #85,502 of 88,440
Obviously it’s a total scam but just warning others. It looks like the same people working out from China who a few years ago had a U.K. website and frequently kept changing their name, they still managed to steal thousands from people here in the U.K. who were taken in by the reduced pricing especially on the Campfire range at the time.

IMG_7257.png

Apr 5, 2024 at 5:41 AM Post #85,503 of 88,440
Obviously it’s a total scam but just warning others. It looks like the same people working out from China who a few years ago had a U.K. website and frequently kept changing their name, they still managed to steal thousands from people here in the U.K. who were taken in by the reduced pricing especially on the Campfire range at the time.

IMG_7257.png
These guys are totally legit! They just reduced most of their overhead by not acquring the products they are selling. But you can for sure pay them, no problem!

Apr 5, 2024 at 6:12 AM Post #85,505 of 88,440
That’s not Bloomaudio.com but Bloomsudio.shop so a different site copying the name of a real site.
Sorry for the confusion, I was making a satiric statement.

Apr 5, 2024 at 7:07 AM Post #85,507 of 88,440
Last edited:
Apr 5, 2024 at 8:09 AM Post #85,508 of 88,440

IMG_7257.png

Online shopping 101….check the URL VERY CAREFULLY. Lest you want to give your money , cc info or passwords away that easily…

Apr 5, 2024 at 8:38 AM Post #85,509 of 88,440
I heard that @piotrus-g is working on another PMG model in the future to address the treble “issues” that some of us had with APX. Some of us may be in for a real treat. :)

Great review!
No no no! I said that I am done with this hobby. No coming back. Devil be gone! 😂
demon-devil.gif

That said, I really like the Final A8000, so I guess my treble "issues" have dissipated in recent times.

Apr 5, 2024 at 8:42 AM Post #85,510 of 88,440
I heard that @piotrus-g is working on another PMG model in the future to address the treble “issues” that some of us had with APX. Some of us may be in for a real treat. :)

Great review!
Yeah I hear that also, it could be god tier if all sorted.

Apr 5, 2024 at 8:51 AM Post #85,511 of 88,440
No no no! I said that I am done with this hobby. No coming back. Devil be gone! 😂
demon-devil.gif

That said, I really like the Final A8000, so I guess my treble "issues" have dissipated in recent times.
A8000 is crazy impressive when you get past the treble especially with good synergy 🔥

Apr 5, 2024 at 9:00 AM Post #85,512 of 88,440
A8000 is crazy impressive when you get past the treble especially with good synergy 🔥
Yes, what Final did there is outstanding and that driver is phenomenal. I am missing perfect cable synergy for them, as the DITA Oslo cable is not the best match in my opinion. Would have loved to still explore how much I could get out of the A8000 with the right cable.

Apr 5, 2024 at 9:38 AM Post #85,514 of 88,440

Hello everyone, I have arrived in Singapore and am very excited to attend Canjam tomorrow. Looking forward to the opportunity to meet everyone here. If everyone is free today, can we have a small meeting?
Sorry. Saw you message just now. See you tomorrow at the show!

Great review!
Orpheus already addresses some of those issues!

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2024 at 9:39 AM Post #85,515 of 88,440
Would have loved to still explore how much I could get out of the A8000 with the right cable.
WOW that's surprise for me. After having B3 and E5000...and trying several different balanced cables, none of them was right for Finals.
It's not because the sound wasn't good with those cables; it's because they altered the sound, signature, and magic sound that I love from Final IEMs.
Basically, the A8000 are still on my list. There are not many others that I wish to buy after everything I have bought to this point.
The only thing about the stock cables that I would like to change is that they are softer, 30 cm longer, and balanced versions.
Other than that...I love it.

Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back