The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Apr 3, 2024 at 2:56 PM Post #85,381 of 88,409
Sure.
I've gone "straight to the top" when I could , I just do not have much desire to try the steps I missed at moment .
Budget apart , it can probably be useful in particular if one doesn't know still what he is searching for
EDIT : I meant experiencing mid steps , in this last line , as useful .
If it wasn't clear enough ..

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2024 at 2:59 PM Post #85,382 of 88,409
Either that or I will be tempted to buy the Monachaa on my own. Scuba where you rank the price to performance ratio for the the Monachaa? Could you share what the Lancelot cable does for the Monachaa in particular that you enjoy?

I’m still in the zone where I’ve yet to be convinced on sonic changes from cables… purely aesthetics and ergonomics for me at the moment!

Give me a couple of days and I’ll report back on price to performance etc but I’m loving Monachaa so far.

Apr 3, 2024 at 2:59 PM Post #85,383 of 88,409
I have a spreadsheet that's current up to but not inlcuding my experiences in NYC.
@Rockwell75 what is your only iem at the moment?
Sure.
I've gone "straight to the top" when I could , I just do not have much desire to try the steps I missed at moment .
Budget apart , it can probably be useful in particular if one doesn't know still what he is searching for
It is more important to know what type of sound signature you like. Not always good to buy summit fi or "straight to the top" without figuring out the brands you enjoy. Makes it easier to narrow down your payments.

Apr 3, 2024 at 3:03 PM Post #85,384 of 88,409
I’m still in the zone where I’ve yet to be convinced on sonic changes from cables… purely aesthetics and ergonomics for me at the moment!

Give me a couple of days and I’ll report back on price to performance etc but I’m loving Monachaa so far.
Even if it was an ergonomics I would be happy. Just trying to get an idea of the Monachaa iem itself. Not necessarily the cable. I find cable is usually more for ergonomics and aesthetics than anything else. Only in very rare instances have I found a cable to do much where I notice a supposed perceived change. It might be placebo. However, as always YMMV.

Apr 3, 2024 at 3:07 PM Post #85,385 of 88,409

The sonic differences with cable rolling are truly SO minuscule. I have been a non-believer until recently, my new Sza cable definitely adds a bit more oomph to the bass decay… it’s nice but if I wasn’t SUPER looking for it I would have never noticed.

Aesthetics and comfort all the way for cables.

Apr 3, 2024 at 3:12 PM Post #85,387 of 88,409
@Rockwell75 what is your only iem at the moment?

It is more important to know what type of sound signature you like. Not always good to buy summit fi or "straight to the top" without figuring out the brands you enjoy. Makes it easier to narrow down your payments.
apart from what is " more important" or not ,
mine was just an opinion ( my educated opinion , or : based on my experience )
ymmv.. :thumbsup:

Apr 3, 2024 at 3:13 PM Post #85,388 of 88,409
The sonic differences with cable rolling are truly SO minuscule. I have been a non-believer until recently, my new Sza cable definitely adds a bit more oomph to the bass decay… it’s nice but if I wasn’t SUPER looking for it I would have never noticed.

Aesthetics and comfort all the way for cables.
The effects of a cable become super obvious once they amplify something of an IEM that is already very close to being overdone. Case in point: My in other aspects great PWA cable added quite a bit of bass to Volür which has plenty of bass itself, and the result was that it became pretty much unlistenable for me. The same could happen in the treble region as well (just not with Volür). So like with all components it's all about tuning and synergy.

drftr

Apr 3, 2024 at 3:20 PM Post #85,389 of 88,409
Still one of the best
IMG_20240403_201149.jpg

Apr 3, 2024 at 3:21 PM Post #85,390 of 88,409
Apr 3, 2024 at 3:29 PM Post #85,393 of 88,409
Even if it was an ergonomics I would be happy. Just trying to get an idea of the Monachaa iem itself. Not necessarily the cable. I find cable is usually more for ergonomics and aesthetics than anything else. Only in very rare instances have I found a cable to do much where I notice a supposed perceived change. It might be placebo. However, as always YMMV.

Lancelot looks great with Monachaa but I think if I buy a set, I’d look for a lighter cable that would better suit out walking, commuting, travel etc - Monachaa strikes me as a very compelling higher-end set to use in these scenarios due to the size, weight and comfort while still enjoying very high quality sound.

Apr 3, 2024 at 3:30 PM Post #85,394 of 88,409
The effects of a cable become super obvious once they amplify something of an IEM that is already very close to being overdone. Case in point: My in other aspects great PWA cable added quite a bit of bass to Volür which has plenty of bass itself, and the result was that it became pretty much unlistenable for me. The same could happen in the treble region as well (just not with Volür). So like with all components it's all about tuning and synergy.

drftr
Yup, IMO the biggest common misconception about cables isn’t that you are pairing a cable to make the IEM sound better… you are finding a cable that accurately portrays how the IEM sounds. Sometimes it comes with the perfect partner cable, but most times it doesn’t.

Apr 3, 2024 at 3:32 PM Post #85,395 of 88,409
Yup, IMO the biggest common misconception about cables isn’t that you are pairing a cable to make the IEM sound better… you are finding a cable that accurately portrays how the IEM sounds. Sometimes it comes with the perfect partner cable, but most times it doesn’t.
Most of the time I am happy if the iem that I purchased comes with a good cable. Synnergy is up for debate. Half the time I am happy with just a good quality cable when purchasing an iem. What is up with like 2k iems coming with questionable cables?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back