The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Apr 2, 2024 at 2:17 PM Post #85,292 of 88,409
We're all looking forward to your famous pose with the IEMs in question in your ear! :xf_cool:

drftr

oh, man, now you are telling me this. A totally missed golden, no pun intended, opportunity :D I should have taken the picture when I had the chance :)

Apr 2, 2024 at 2:19 PM Post #85,293 of 88,409
Careful With That Axe, Eugene :) I love this title :)

Down, down. Down, down
The star is screaming
Beneath the lies
Lie, lie
Tschay, tschay, tschay
Careful
Careful
Careful with that axe, Eugene
The stars are screaming loud
Tsch
Tsch
Tsch

Syd was a Floyd Diamond. The best albums were made with him, but he went into the stars too early.
They never abounded him...they stayed with him all the time.

EDIT: I Googled a bit now...and I didn't even know that Syd had a solo career after Floyd :)

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2024 at 2:24 PM Post #85,294 of 88,409
What is your favourite diamond-themed song?

My vote goes to Judas Priest's live version of Joan Baez' Diamonds And Rust from their live album Unleashed In The East.

drftr

Rihanna/Sia "Diamonds (Shine bright like a diamond)", though, knowing the taste of the Watercooler crowd, I wouldn't be surprised to hear a mentioning of Marilyn Monroe "Diamonds are a girl's best friend" :D

Apr 2, 2024 at 2:46 PM Post #85,295 of 88,409
EDIT: I Googled a bit now...and I didn't even know that Syd had a solo career after Floyd :)
I remember The Madcap Laughs or something but more interesting is the story that he suddenly showed up during the Wish You Were Here recordings. Don't know the rest of the story and how much of it is myth though.

drftr

Apr 2, 2024 at 2:47 PM Post #85,296 of 88,409

My vote goes to Judas Priest's live version of Joan Baez' Diamonds And Rust from their live album Unleashed In The East.

drftr

Obvious, coming from me... But Pink Floyd is the true answer.

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2024 at 2:54 PM Post #85,297 of 88,409
Last edited:
Apr 2, 2024 at 2:55 PM Post #85,298 of 88,409

drftr
Grateful Dead's "Dark Star" --
...Shall we go, you and I while we can
Through the transitive nightfall of diamonds?

Apr 2, 2024 at 2:56 PM Post #85,299 of 88,409

drftr
C'mon guys, let show some love for the Beatles: Lucy in the sky with Diamonds!

Apr 2, 2024 at 3:03 PM Post #85,304 of 88,409
Apr 2, 2024 at 3:17 PM Post #85,305 of 88,409

drftr

Obviously Diamonds are forever Shirly Bassey
Old Kanye is best Kanye.
Diamonds are forever. Forever, ever? Ever, ever? Ever, ever? Ever, ever? Ever, ever?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back