The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Apr 2, 2024 at 5:26 AM Post #85,233 of 90,324
A new Lotoo is coming….

1712050015370.jpeg

Apr 2, 2024 at 6:08 AM Post #85,234 of 90,324
I was listening to their follow up Beat last night with my R8II and Singularity. How does the RS8 handle dense electronic dub and techno? Does the speed translate accordingly?

I love Beat, bought the reissue on vinyl when it came out a few years ago.

RS8 is excellent with techno, electro, IDM etc - it must be the combination of R2R and class A amplification that provides an analogue sensation, yet still snappy and detailed… the more hours I spend with RS8, the more I love it with any IEM and any genre. I was a bit concerned buying RS8 that I might find it too smooth coming from the likes of LPGT Ti but definitely not, I’m incredibly impressed by the balance it strikes.

Apr 2, 2024 at 7:12 AM Post #85,235 of 90,324

RS8 is excellent with techno, electro, IDM etc - it must be the combination of R2R and class A amplification that provides an analogue sensation, yet still snappy and detailed… the more hours I spend with RS8, the more I love it with any IEM and any genre. I was a bit concerned buying RS8 that I might find it too smooth coming from the likes of LPGT Ti but definitely not, I’m incredibly impressed by the balance it strikes.
Yes, fully agree, in my opinion currently the best DAP, after Cayin n8ii, and N30LE

Apr 2, 2024 at 7:16 AM Post #85,236 of 90,324

how dose rs8 compared to lpgt ti?

Apr 2, 2024 at 9:20 AM Post #85,237 of 90,324
how dose rs8 compared to lpgt ti?

LPGT Ti is more neutral / reference tuned and sounds more analytical as a result… RS8 while not warm as such, has a smoother sound but yet still has excellent clarity etc - hard to articulate the R2R sound but it sort of manages to allow you have your cake and eat it :)

Also of course I’m sure you know, but LPGT Ti only plays local files / non Android… probably the fastest or one of the fastest DAPs to boot from powered off to playing music in about 4 seconds!

I love both, even though in recent weeks I had moments of madness and debated selling at different times 😂

Apr 2, 2024 at 10:15 AM Post #85,238 of 90,324
Monachaa demo unit even after only 30 minutes is likely to lead to a purchase… very early on-the-fly impressions while I’m listening…

First of all, the shells are rather small considering they contain four dynamic drivers, also very light and incredibly comfortable.

I love the big, clear, spatial, captivating presentation - it has that Oriolus magic of being able to instantly grab me emotionally and definitely ticks that ‘heart pounding’ box that I decided in Amsterdam is to be a future key metric in the initial few minutes of an IEM audition - a physiological reaction I can comfortably rely on.

I can’t hear any harsh peaks, my first test track is one that just last night Craft Ears Aurum failed miserably in terms of excessive upper energy, zero issues here yet still a nice crisp sparkle up top that again drives that spatial sensation. Prior to the kick drum commencing in my first track, I got the impression that it may not have much impact, I think the vast sound just felt to me like bass might be subdued… absolutely not, it landed with a solid thump where I could feel the thud and vibration. Sub also extends beautifully. Mids have a wonderful vibrant and natural sound, and again with vast space and clarity.

Overall there is a tuning finesse that I’ve come to love with Oriolus - first Traillii, then SZA, and now Monachaa.

Again, very early impressions and with happy ears on but I doubt my initial reaction here will change, these are fantastic.

IMG_2743.jpeg

IMG_2745.jpeg

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2024 at 10:28 AM Post #85,239 of 90,324
I did the same to pick up instead of rescheduling. Looking forward to your comparison between 1Z and 1AM2.
Day 2 of UPS nonsense: "Out for delivery" at 4 AM.

Expected slot is 12PM-3:40 PM.

Either let me do a signature release or change it to a drop off point 🤬

Apr 2, 2024 at 10:58 AM Post #85,240 of 90,324
A gold and diamond encrusted Camelot anyone?!

IMG_2694.jpeg

Apr 2, 2024 at 11:03 AM Post #85,241 of 90,324
Monachaa demo unit even after only 30 minutes is likely to lead to a purchase… very early on-the-fly impressions while I’m listening…

First of all, the shells are rather small considering they contain four dynamic drivers, also very light and incredibly comfortable.

I love the big, clear, spatial, captivating presentation - it has that Oriolus magic of being able to instantly grab me emotionally and definitely ticks that ‘heart pounding’ box that I decided in Amsterdam is to be a future key metric in the initial few minutes of an IEM audition - a physiological reaction I can comfortably rely on.

I can’t hear any harsh peaks, my first test track is one that just last night Craft Ears Aurum failed miserably in terms of excessive upper energy, zero issues here yet still a nice crisp sparkle up top that again drives that spatial sensation. Prior to the kick drum commencing in my first track, I got the impression that it may not have much impact, I think the vast sound just felt to me like bass might be subdued… absolutely not, it landed with a solid thump where I could feel the thud and vibration. Sub also extends beautifully. Mids have a wonderful vibrant and natural sound, and again with vast space and clarity.

Overall there is a tuning finesse that I’ve come to love with Oriolus - first Traillii, then SZA, and now Monachaa.

Again, very early impressions and with happy ears on but I doubt my initial reaction here will change, these are fantastic.

IMG_2743.jpeg

IMG_2745.jpeg
I truly need to stop reading about this IEM. If they ever release a version like the Sza refresh with the gold bird all my self control will go out the window.

Apr 2, 2024 at 11:04 AM Post #85,242 of 90,324
Apr 2, 2024 at 11:06 AM Post #85,243 of 90,324
I truly need to stop reading about this IEM. If they ever release a version like the Sza refresh with the gold bird all my self control will go out the window.

Yes indeed, that gold bird logo is much more classy looking, at least for my preference too!

Apr 2, 2024 at 11:13 AM Post #85,244 of 90,324
Same…

Apr 2, 2024 at 11:14 AM Post #85,245 of 90,324
Many money trees being chopped down for this.

Indeed - potentially a clever marketing tactic to get people talking, and a small few buying… then the usual knock on of taking a look at the regular version which presumably sounds the same and also presumably costs much less… that’s not to knock either demographic, those with the funds who enjoy some precious metal and stone bling, along with the great sound of Camelot, fetch themselves something quite unique!

Titanium is about as bling as I like, and usually as plain as possible… I’d love a mat finish carbon fibre set too actually!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back