The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Mar 25, 2024 at 9:16 PM Post #84,541 of 91,357
Yes. However, you can always find ear tips that boost bass. Boosting mids and treble gets tricky.
Coreir Brass tips do the trick at the cost slightly reduced bass, highly recommended if you need that.

Mar 25, 2024 at 9:17 PM Post #84,542 of 91,357
Man, it’s so interesting reading others impressions. Fei Wan is certainly a fantastic IEM but low end left me wanting more and there was just to much energy up top for this guy. I find the Raven to be extremely resolving. Almost to much at times, where subtle details are almost to forward. But I also mostly listen to prog metal and prefer a more recessed vocal presentation. @KuroKitsu glad it was a trade up for you 100%, not meaning to come off disrespectful or discount your impressions. Just interesting. And full transparency, I’m not a EE fanboy. Ill never buy another product from them after Ravengate.
Raven is also an amazing Iem with resolution at the TOTL level and beating out a lot of similar priced piers but the fei wan is just the epitome of resolution/detail/air

Mar 25, 2024 at 9:29 PM Post #84,543 of 91,357
Raven is also an amazing Iem with resolution at the TOTL level and beating out a lot of similar priced piers but the fei wan is just the epitome of resolution/detail/air
I’m sure a lot of people agree with this assessment. Preferences reign 🤘🏼

Mar 25, 2024 at 9:33 PM Post #84,544 of 91,357
Listen to Death Spiral by Humanity’s Last Breathe and I think you’ll be convinced why it just doesn’t work for me lol

Mar 25, 2024 at 9:39 PM Post #84,545 of 91,357
Man, it’s so interesting reading others impressions. Fei Wan is certainly a fantastic IEM but low end left me wanting more and there was just to much energy up top for this guy. I find the Raven to be extremely resolving. Almost to much at times, where subtle details are to projected. But I also mostly listen to prog metal and prefer a more recessed vocal presentation. @KuroKitsu glad it was a trade up for you 100%, not meaning to come off disrespectful or discount your impressions. Just interesting. And full transparency, I’m not a EE fanboy. Ill never buy another product from them after Ravengate.
None taken.

In pursuit of my own custom flair, I have taken my pursuit of upper mids to the treble plz dun judge me @warrenpchi

The overwhelming of stuff at this price range is just a matter of preference rather than anything being bad. Feiwan Treble is just right for my library, but I can see genres its just a bit too much. It doesn't speak bad of the Raven, after I did buy it a second time, just that Odin was closer to my tastes after all.

With the number of EE models I've owned, I am solidly a fanboy (Nowhere as close as the one who must not be named). Ravengate was dissapointing to say the least, but to just dissappear in terms of social presence and then have Novus come out at NYC left a bad taste in my mouth. Raven's an excellent iem.

Exactly this.

Mar 25, 2024 at 10:08 PM Post #84,547 of 91,357
In pursuit of my own custom flair, I have taken my pursuit of upper mids to the treble plz dun judge me @warrenpchi

:smile: Never!

Any ideas where I can buy a high quality 4.4mm Balanced to a 3.5mm unbalanced reducer plug? Thanks
I've seen the angled one at Bloom Audio for 29.00.

If you mean the ddHiFi one, I've used that and it works just fine. That said, I like the pro version of that adapter, but it's harder to find. I think Audio46 has it. https://audio46.com/products/dd-ddhifi-dj44cpro-4-4mm-female-to-3-5mm-adapter

Mar 25, 2024 at 10:25 PM Post #84,548 of 91,357
slightly little less. But definitely MORE of everything else.
Really? I actually find FW to have more bass - much more midbass actually - than the Raven, leading to a much more exciting listen, while Raven is rather...bland after a while. An excellent all-rounder or a one and done for sure, but a bit too generic sounding. For me if I have to pick between the two I'll still go for Raven since FW uppermids/treble and the midbass focus didn't gel with me, but FW definitely has more bass than Raven from my listen.

Bass quality tho definitely Raven > FW, but not by a whole lot.

Mar 25, 2024 at 10:34 PM Post #84,549 of 91,357
Liqueur.jpg

I've just finished reviewing the Penon Liqueur eartips, which you're invited to read here. :smile:

They come in orange & black, both slightly different - thoroughly recommend the black versions if you need tips with top-notch isolation.
@Rockwell75 has complained in the past that a lot of L sizes don't fit him (he's a big dude in person), so for his birthday and Canjam NYC gift, I got him XL size of both orange and black liqueur tips. I hope they aren't actually too big for the big guy!

Mar 25, 2024 at 10:46 PM Post #84,550 of 91,357
Screen Shot 2024-03-25 at 7.44.37 PM.png

:thinking:

Screen Shot 2024-03-25 at 7.44.20 PM.png

Booo 😁

Mar 25, 2024 at 10:46 PM Post #84,551 of 91,357
@Rockwell75 has complained in the past that a lot of L sizes don't fit him (he's a big dude in person), so for his birthday and Canjam NYC gift, I got him XL size of both orange and black liqueur tips. I hope they aren't actually too big for the big guy!
I use size Large tips myself, and find many brands' largest size loose enough I wonder if they'd seal better if they were slightly bigger.

Whereas the XL Liqueurs are actually too large for me, so I'm using size Ls instead and wouldn't want them any bigger. Last time I encountered tips too large were the original Symbio W Mandarins which are similarly massive, but less comfortable because their silicone doesn't have a lot of give.

Nice to have more options for those of us who need bigger tips. I also personally dislike when tips only come in 3 sizes, feels like it's difficult to adequately cover the full range of size preferences with just 3.

Mar 25, 2024 at 10:50 PM Post #84,552 of 91,357
Mar 25, 2024 at 11:19 PM Post #84,554 of 91,357
They had an idea for a project then it left on the midnight train going anywhere the url would take them except their website
You're kinda describing their product lines.

They have a tendency to start out strong and then drop out.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back