The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Mar 25, 2024 at 1:22 AM Post #84,483 of 87,715
The FitEar Titan/Eletech Sonnet of Adam keeping me company and sane as I await...

IMG_3899.jpeg
Those earphones are gorgeous!

Mar 25, 2024 at 1:23 AM Post #84,484 of 87,715
Water cooler if anyone has any reviews to the 64 Audio Volur please link them to me. Not trying to cluster up the thread. Was just hoping for a review of them following the Amsterdam meet up. If anyone has any impressions please share them.

Looking for something to replace my Noble Audio Sultan.
I can share impressions in a few days!

Mar 25, 2024 at 1:26 AM Post #84,485 of 87,715
Hi Fellas, has anyone compared the SQ on a DAP when using internal storage vs external microSD Card?

Also has anyone compared various microSD cards for SQ? Which ones are the best? For the sake of this discussion, lets just assume that there is an SQ difference between cards and not have a debate about if now.. 😁
Ok that's enough Head-fi for the day for me! :)

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2024 at 2:27 AM Post #84,486 of 87,715
Ok that's enough Head-fi for the day for me! :)
LOL I understand what you mean Mate.. I am also not an outright believer but I thought why not do some tests to see for myself.. so I wanted to know which cards are regarded as the good ones (will improve SQ), rather than blind buying random mass market sandisk or samsung (the two most widely available SD card brands in my local market)

Mar 25, 2024 at 2:30 AM Post #84,487 of 87,715
LOL I understand what you mean Mate.. I am also not an outright believer but I thought why not do some tests to see for myself.. so I wanted to know which cards are regarded as the good ones (will improve SQ), rather than blind buying random mass market sandisk or samsung (the two most widely available SD card brands in my local market)
I've been quite intrigued by it. But I haven't the time to go about it. I'm sure some of the guys there can be of assistance. 🙂

Mar 25, 2024 at 2:33 AM Post #84,488 of 87,715
Haah I guess why not! Please share the results of you little experiment with us later!

Mar 25, 2024 at 2:35 AM Post #84,489 of 87,715
Water cooler if anyone has any reviews to the 64 Audio Volur please link them to me. Not trying to cluster up the thread. Was just hoping for a review of them following the Amsterdam meet up. If anyone has any impressions please share them.

Looking for something to replace my Noble Audio Sultan.
There's 6-7 reviews on the web and my mini impressions I shared yesterday while coming from Sultan.

drftr

Mar 25, 2024 at 3:39 AM Post #84,490 of 87,715
An exciting occasion this is. Great work @drftr @MatW! 🍺
Let me guess, @davidmolliere is the one dressed in the grey sweater with the double thumbs up in the picture. 🙂
Yeah that was me :wink:

Such a great event and top notch organization and amazing venue I can't thank @MatW and @drftr enough for this epic meetup! (by the way @MatW I owe you for dinner let me know so that I can send a PayPal your way!)

It's going to be hard to top that one, but we'll try!

No way I would have had the opportunity to audition anything like the insanely great IEMs we have no place to audition them in Paris (maybe there is a business idea there...) but more importantly to meet the great people of the community... it's been an energizing two days with such a passionate and diverse bunch :heart_eyes: @NYanakiev asked me at the end what was the highlight of those two days and I said definitely the people, yeah amazing gear for sure and things I missed like Trailli and Trailli Ti, Fei wan and many others but I spent more than half the time talking and I sure don't regret it 🤩. I was able to blame @Tokpakorlo in person for his mouth watering cable reviews and how much it has cost me lately :laughing:

Great diner mainly with @Scuba Devils @armstrj2 and @F700 :beers: as the place was a bit loud and discussing with everyone being quite a big party was not very easy although @slumberman also dropped in for a very interesting conversation about artists and how he tries to get hem to open to the joy of better gear to listen to music and not only to mix it. Many conversations also at the venue, too many to mention everyone !

I'll post impressions of what I listened to a bit later as I am also 3 weeks into a new job and it's been intense... A lot of amazing stuff for sure my head was spinning :dizzy_face: !

Interesting detail is that some at our meetup were the physical link between 2 of the most successful group threads on Head-fi by connecting @flinkenick's 17 Flagship IEM Shootout with the Watercooler, as Nic himself managed to join in himself today for a few hours. Much appreciated, especially as he all but left the hobby. Many of you here were regulars on Nic's thread before the Watercooler even existed and are now spreading the word on Jeff's. So kudos to Nic to get all of this started and to Jeff to continue all the good work. Amen.

drftr
How did I miss Nic ! 😭
Or maybe it was sunday at lunch or afternoon ?

By the way the drive back was excellent, I was home by 7.30pm Paris was not as swamped by traffic jams as usual 🥳

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2024 at 4:27 AM Post #84,492 of 87,715
Any French headfiers here like @Andricop, @davidmolliere and @DaveStarWalker?

I will be in Paris for 13 hours before heading to Provence on June 7th at 2 PM via train.

Landing sometime early on 6th. Would love to spend evening / morning with you all before I head to the station.

If you’re in the city and have the spot for me to crash, let me know too!

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2024 at 5:27 AM Post #84,495 of 87,715
Any French headfiers here like @Andricop, @davidmolliere and @DaveStarWalker?

I will be in Paris for 13 hours before heading to Provence on June 7th at 2 PM via train.

Landing sometime early on 6th. Would love to spend evening / morning with you all before I head to the station.

If you’re in the city and have the spot for me to crash, let me know too!
With pleasure yes of course :L3000:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back