The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
Mar 4, 2024 at 2:31 PM Post #82,876 of 88,419
Mar 4, 2024 at 2:37 PM Post #82,877 of 88,419
OOOOOOF right after I ordered my Red/Black Bird too. Worse timing ever 😅😅😅

Thankfully on top of that price tag, I really don't like metal shells and what the TI brings in changes are not really concerms I had with OG Birb
Yeah I love the bird being a analog romantic midrange vocal set but excited to try the new silver technical bird nevertheless

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2024 at 2:42 PM Post #82,878 of 88,419
Kinera Verdandi Cosmos Black landed today, what beautiful IEM they have made here. Very hard to capture the depth of shell design, tried my best. Sound impression will wait, so far like what I hear.

DSCF4525.jpg

DSCF4520.jpg

Mar 4, 2024 at 2:45 PM Post #82,879 of 88,419
Kinera Verdandi Cosmos Black landed today, what beautiful IEM they have made here. Very hard to capture the depth of shell design, tried my best. Sound impression will wait, so far like what I hear.

DSCF4525.jpg

DSCF4520.jpg
Kinera makes incredible looking products in all price ranges, they are at the top of their game design wise right now. Really amazing stuff, glad the tuning is apparently catching up as well.

Really enjoy my Dark Phoenix.

Mar 4, 2024 at 2:48 PM Post #82,880 of 88,419

DSCF4525.jpg

DSCF4520.jpg

Cosmos seems like an appropriate name for them, given that the design reminds me of those CG renderings of how galaxies form and whatnot. Beautiful in pictures, so I can only imagine how much better they look in person.

Mar 4, 2024 at 2:50 PM Post #82,881 of 88,419
Kinera makes incredible looking products in all price ranges, they are at the top of their game design wise right now. Really amazing stuff, glad the tuning is apparently catching up as well.

Really enjoy my Dark Phoenix.
Baldr was terrible. Probably before they started "catching up"

Mar 4, 2024 at 2:52 PM Post #82,882 of 88,419
Mar 4, 2024 at 3:06 PM Post #82,884 of 88,419
Mar 4, 2024 at 3:07 PM Post #82,885 of 88,419
OOOOOOF right after I ordered my Red/Black Bird too. Worse timing ever 😅😅😅

Thankfully on top of that price tag, I really don't like metal shells and what the TI brings in changes are not really concerms I had with OG Birb
The bass description of the Ti still concerns me. If it does not smack as hard in the mid bass, that will be a deficiency in my mind. He was not able to compare directly, only off of memory which is not accurate. I would love to hear it for myself……

Mar 4, 2024 at 3:41 PM Post #82,886 of 88,419
I've found VE10 to respond well to cable upgrading, resulting in less politeness, more liveliness. After rolling with copper-only cables like FTS, 1950s S, and drguggles copper flagship, I found that a good silver coated copper cable does better at giving VE10 some extra sparkle and resolution up top while firming up its bottom end a bit. I landed on LL Venom, which to me takes what is good in the VE10 cable and bumps it up a couple notches. When you get to demo VE10, you might try a cable like that. Otherwise the treble I found to be a bit too modest, using stock cable.

I received the VE10 last Friday and spent most of the weekend A/B against Aura. On initial listen with the stock cable, I found the VE10's mids to be more recessed, which I finally attributed it to the less forward treble. I swapped the cable to the shiro 8w and then chiron nova, which has brought it closer to the Aura (still not as bright), but it retained the low end bass. So another +1 on cable swapping with the VE10,

Mar 4, 2024 at 3:59 PM Post #82,887 of 88,419
Hi all,

I posted this in another section but it was recommended to me that it might get a bit more traction here.

I’ve recently joined the UM Multiverse Mentor club and I’m in search of a good pairing DAP for these beauties.

I normally use Chord products whilst at home but when travelling it kills my phone battery and it’s not quite so convenient.

I own a Sony NW-WM1A but …

I’d like to try a good matching DAP and I’m looking for owners recommendations please. The A&K SP3000 & Shanling M9+ seem to the top contenders but I would love to hear real world experiences and other recommendations please. Or is the Sony a good match.

Thanks in advance.

Mar 4, 2024 at 4:02 PM Post #82,888 of 88,419
Did you find any cable that kept the treble the same/made it smoother while firming up subbass a lil?
My drjuggles copper cable was good for that purpose. In the absence of that you might try comparables, perhaps from EA and ET, they seem to have some good all-copper options.

Mar 4, 2024 at 4:08 PM Post #82,889 of 88,419
I received the VE10 last Friday and spent most of the weekend A/B against Aura. On initial listen with the stock cable, I found the VE10's mids to be more recessed, which I finally attributed it to the less forward treble. I swapped the cable to the shiro 8w and then chiron nova, which has brought it closer to the Aura (still not as bright), but it retained the low end bass. So another +1 on cable swapping with the VE10,
Non sequitur - how would you compare VE10 mids to Amber Pearl's?

Mar 4, 2024 at 4:31 PM Post #82,890 of 88,419
Can't wait for a comparison between novus vs aura vs ve10? 👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back